"Zipper"y do dah....our first Zipper wand post :)

Mark Saiger

May 27, 2007
Grand Rapids, MN
Real Name
Mark Saiger
Had it for less than a week.

Been using it as much as we can in every crazy situation.

Been mainly on residential (even though was built more for commercial)

First have to say....You need to retrain your Brain when using this!

We are so inclined to try and use it like a wand....can't really do that.

We like:
That it flushes like crazy. Have the larger unit with six .02 jets. Slot glide in front and hole in back.....

Took the weight off the top (which should have done the first time if would have watched Erik's Video better)

Settings, keep in mind on thick residential....You need to walk it! And realize it will clean frontwards and backwards (train the brain)

If you are going to do more residential, would recommend the smaller unit as the larger unit HAS A LOT OF SUCK! But I don't mind!

Did my own carpets on Sunday. Thick Nylon. Did paper towel and toilet paper test for moisture. Both papers looked about the same, but the Zipper area still felt a bit drier (even my wife confirmed) compared to my same flow 6 jet Prochem Titanium.

I have a large restaurant job tomorrow night, but so far, we like the unit. Tomorrow will be a better test for us. We had a really heavy soiled lower profile sculpted nylon today, and the thing just flat out cleaned and flushed the junk out!

It is different than a rotary, so it won't replace a rotary in my opinion in some cases, but you can crank up the pressure I am told and flush even more. We have been running at 500 psi which is pretty typical for us and our High Heat Butlers.

So, this is my report at this time about the LARGER Zipper wand. I have the straight handle, and might even order the "Z" bend ergo handle to try out as well. (Guy can't have enough toys!)

Also, I bought this Zipper, so I have no cat in the fight. Just wanted to give my .02 cents so those of you wondering (like I was) can have some info. Also, feel free to contact me with question. Will try to answer as honest as I can.

Here is video (we got better running it about an hour later on the second job by taking longer strokes and doing more "Mowing" of the carpet :) )

Video of first job....and pics of second grimy job.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
"Bring on the Blue!"

Mark Saiger

May 27, 2007
Grand Rapids, MN
Real Name
Mark Saiger
In my video, I was moving forward too fast on the front ward stroke (train the brain :) )

On the second carpet with the lower level loop, I just told myself to walk it both ways a bit more, and it was very comfortable.

The large head in the higher thicker pile is a bit more of a workout, but really like it.

Lighter than a rotary and it keeps the heat down to the carpet well.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Does your butler HX maintain decent heat at the Zipper with that 12 flow and 500 PSI.
Had a chance to try a Zipper and found my Hydramaster Titan 575 could only hold around 170 degres at the Zipper due to high flow.
Also ran that Zipper with a TM that had a diesel burner and it maintained high heat 210-220 .
The Zipper I ran had one of Rob's TMF store temp gauge on the QC.
Could change jets to 1.5 to make it a 9 flow if need be.
Cool floor tool though!
Grant

Reactions: Mark Saiger

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
Does your butler HX maintain decent heat at the Zipper with that 12 flow and 500 PSI.
Had a chance to try a Zipper and found my Hydramaster Titan 575 could only hold around 170 degres at the Zipper due to high flow.
Also ran that Zipper with a TM that had a diesel burner and it maintained high heat 210-220 .
Cool floor tool though!
Grant
I bet you could change those jets and get that heat up. sounds right anyways. Diesel burner here so heat is never a concern. in fact the more psi I use the hotter it seems to get. just gets there faster I guess. We hit close to 250 with a spinner at 1300 psi. at the machine that is. the thermostat kicked off for a bit telling me it was hitting max.

Reactions: emeraldclean

Mark Saiger

May 27, 2007
Grand Rapids, MN
Real Name
Mark Saiger
Can you snap a picture of the underside of the wand if you get a chance? I am not familiar with this wand at all. I'm curious what it looks like

You can see the jets angled to the front glide. Have a slot in front and hole glide in back right now.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
"Bring on the Blue!"

Mark Saiger

May 27, 2007
Grand Rapids, MN
Real Name
Mark Saiger
Cool floor tool though!
Grant

We are still getting good heat.

I run Prochem Titanium 6 jet wands with the same set up and flow and we see 240 plus degrees at the Truck.

Friend of mine in Canada has same set up and has run Lie Detector gauges at the wand and seeing over 210 degrees on his Butler (and in cold temps)

This unit keeps the heat trapped more inside the area and we still are seeing steam coming out yesterday.

You can set up any flow you would want with the Zipper just like any other wand. They also make a smaller unit which is 5 jets.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
"Bring on the Blue!"

Reactions: emeraldclean

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Mark,
With that amount of flow it seems you would need a good sized blower for decent dry times. What size of blower does your Butler have? In Eriks videos I believe he uses a Vortex with a 59 blower.
Great looking - well built floor tool !

Mark Saiger

May 27, 2007
Grand Rapids, MN
Real Name
Mark Saiger
Mark,
With that amount of flow it seems you would need a good sized blower for decent dry times. What size of blower does your Butler have? In Eriks videos I believe he uses a Vortex with a 59 blower.
Great looking - well built floor tool !

I have the larger blower and High heat.

it is a 47 blower that Butler used to call a 5.8

The zipper can actually be set up for a portable I have heard as well.

It get's things very dry.

Even a bit dryer than my Prochem Ti wand with same flow.

Did paper towel and toilet paper test....pounded in the carpet to see if could get moisture and both the wand and the zipper did very well, but the zipper portion just felt a bit drier for some reason.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Reactions: Spazznout

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I have the larger blower and High heat.

it is a 47 blower that Butler used to call a 5.8

The zipper can actually be set up for a portable I have heard as well.

It get's things very dry.

Even a bit dryer than my Prochem Ti wand with same flow.

Did paper towel and toilet paper test....pounded in the carpet to see if could get moisture and both the wand and the zipper did very well, but the zipper portion just felt a bit drier for some reason.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
Yes I have used the Zipper with a porty (Demoed) however a much lower flow is required to maintain the pressure. I also used a 2ht Little giant with the portable and as you said the Zippers chamber held in the heat better than a open wand. I felt dry times were equal or better with the Zipper.
Erik has told me the more "Lift" the better his Zipper works.
To be fair my testing was an early production model before the lapse in production.

Mark Saiger

May 27, 2007
Grand Rapids, MN
Real Name
Mark Saiger
Faster than the wand?

It can be faster than a wand, but if I was going to use it on a lot of residential, I would probably use the smaller version.

It still can be faster though when you hit the wide open spaces. (Like mowing lawn...lol)

The pics above, the carpet was so soiled in both cases (including the video) that we decided to try it as we are still learning it's set up's and potential.

Tonight, we are really excited to see how it is going to do on the large restaurant (very soiled) that we are going to do.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Reactions: Gasoline

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I should also mention, that I believe a good set up wand would still be important as there might be places it is more difficult to maneuver,

But it is not that heavy (like a Rotary can be or similar) and it is very good at flushing out heavy soils, but yet getting things dry.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
NO ELECTRICAL CORD to deal with like a rotary :).

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
Ive been interested in the zipper when I saw it years ago.

All things aside its still a wand. I was surprised to see the jets set facing forward. I would guess instead of blowing water straight down, they felt at an angle would put less water deeper into the carpet and provide better dry times?

Also surprised to see different glides.

My thought was that this was meant to be a forward/reverse tool. But its not uniform in its design?

Glade to hear though that is recovers water well even though it has to vac slots.

Mark Saiger

May 27, 2007
Grand Rapids, MN
Real Name
Mark Saiger
Videos will be on the way later tonight (2 hours of sleep and running to BNI)

But this thing is a cleaning machine.

Had some areas the wand just would struggle.
Hook up the Zipper and "Pow"! Done!

We are going to order another one as we have some big "Dirty" Commercial jobs yet this coming week.

Just works for what we need and would say almost twice the speed of a high flow wand once you get it in the groove!

Videos later, but a couple pics for now.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
"Bring on the Blue!"