Zipper Wand

Pioneer Floorcare LLC

Dec 10, 2013
Palmer, Alaska
Real Name
Scott Turknett
Business Location
United States
I just got the zipper wand and I’ve been having difficulty with it. Almost every glue down carpet I have done it bounces on it. Sometimes it’s just 1 direction sometimes both. Sometimes it’s very difficult to push and other times difficult to pull. I have tried adjusting the height and it seems adjusted correctly. There has only been few glue down carpets that it doesn’t bounce. I feel like I wasted $2300 now. It’s very frustrating to see it bounce constantly. Anybody else have this problem ? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
I bet you have a slot glide on the front. I only do that on residential. I use hybrid and hole glides on cgd. With approaching 2million sqft on my 15” and 17” zippers I haven’t had a chatter since pulling the slot glide off my 15”.

Reactions: Jimsteam

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
What ever happened to using an RX 20 with holed glides? Used to be the "rage" of the day back in day. I was at a hotel in cali and came across a guy using an RX 20 with holed glides. Cleaned like crazy, at a nice pace and left carpets almost dry.
Right on! No chatter with an RX20. We use ours regularly.

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I would think Lisa has them Bob. ^

Reactions: Bob Savage

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
And even if she doesn't have them, she has custom-made them for us in the past for customers with oddball Franken-beasts. You can send her pics of what the glide needs to fit and she can more or less make ANYthing.
Agree with Amy. And while your at it, have a few sets made. Well worth the investment.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
I bet you have a slot glide on the front. I only do that on residential. I use hybrid and hole glides on cgd. With approaching 2million sqft on my 15” and 17” zippers I haven’t had a chatter since pulling the slot glide off my 15”.
Agree
Imhave both the aipper znd bonzer....
Use only hole glides accept rare cases......
Mever had a problem with chatter with hole glides

Robert Johnson

Oct 30, 2016
Real Name
robert johnson
I use a Rotovac with duel brush heads that Rob sold me..like pushing a shopping cart through Walmart..24 inch path.
20160111_123059.jpg