Zipper Wand

james n

Mar 14, 2009
United States
Real Name
james niwinski
Business Location
United States
I just got the zipper wand and I’ve been having difficulty with it. Almost every glue down carpet I have done it bounces on it. Sometimes it’s just 1 direction sometimes both. Sometimes it’s very difficult to push and other times difficult to pull. I have tried adjusting the height and it seems adjusted correctly. There has only been few glue down carpets that it doesn’t bounce. I feel like I wasted $2300 now. It’s very frustrating to see it bounce constantly. Anybody else have this problem ? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reactions: ColoradoCleaner

alexus

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2014
Real Name
Aleksandr Davidov
I just got the zipper wand and I’ve been having difficulty with it. Almost every glue down carpet I have done it bounces on it. Sometimes it’s just 1 direction sometimes both. Sometimes it’s very difficult to push and other times difficult to pull. I have tried adjusting the height and it seems adjusted correctly. There has only been few glue down carpets that it doesn’t bounce. I feel like I wasted $2300 now. It’s very frustrating to see it bounce constantly. Anybody else have this problem ? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
We use zipper a lot and love it .
2c43228ab2ea1b539f3499b55f478ba8.jpg
ac8a99102d89c6d317cf84b66f43f35d.jpg

BayouCitySteam

Aug 16, 2016
Houston Texas
www.bayoucitysteam.com
Real Name
Mark Croudy Jr.
Business Location
United States
I just recently got the bonzer and it did that on some CGD. I found that cutting in your borders and corners first, then working on center at a 45 degree. Since most are stitched at a 90 I’m guessing, it doesn’t catch and release the suction momentarily.

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
We have EVERY single tool made in our shop and school. I can't seem to get the techs to use the Zipper. Most prefer the wand or rotary. They do like the Bonzer a lot but we do modify ours. Now with all that being said, Zipper is a well made tool. I get emails/messages behind the scenes where cleaners are split. Some love it and others hate it. Guess that is like a lot tools. My suggestion is adjust the weights, height and switch out glides on different carpets to avoid chatter. Also any new tool is going to take time to get hang of. So give a couple weeks and if you don't like it then sell it. Many used buyers out there. Personally, I've tried everything and a rotary for nasty traffic patterns and swivel wand for everything else.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
sounds like a pain in the ass compared to a good light weight wand.

We demo'd a bonzer for a week, pain. in. the. ass. Tech wanted to kill me when I asked him to run it on one more job just to make sure its something we dont want... it ended up dragging a 5-6 area job out an extra hr+ with no better results than we get all the time with CRB + Wand

and for the record we love rotovac, they are local here I know all the guys at their shop... they make good equipment.

I checked out their wand handle bonzer (not released yet) and also gave them some feedback for the current one.. the handles are too narrow they need to be angled like the 360 to spread your arms out more.. also told them I would definitely try out a 15-17in model but the current one is too small

personally I just dont buy the idea that these tools clean any better than a well customized wand just because there is an extra vac port and the steam is covered.

Reactions: ColoradoCleaner

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Real Name
MARCUS ANDERSON
Business Location
United States
I have both zipper for 4 years
And bonzer for 9 months
Both clean better than wand.....
But need larger blower qnd heat...
It will save time by not doing dry stokes and save back and arm labor
Tips
Slow down on the commercial ....would help
Also walk it back and forth on long stretches

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I have tried both the zipper and the bonzer, both are garbage. As Rob said use a rotory (preferred the trex) on trashed carpets and a swivel wand on well maintained carpets. The wand cleans better then the zipper and the bonzer with no doubt.

rccva

Jan 31, 2015
www.robertscarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Robert Webb
Business Location
United States
CGD is a beast when it comes to tools. The only tools that work everytime on it are VLMs and wands. All other tools will have issues based on the type of fibers and installation. Sometimes the Zipper works great and sometimes it doesn't, it isn't a master tool for everything. I personally hate using a rotary on CGD cause it seems to slow us down and it also tends to bounce at times. Tools are like anything else, they all have a place but none of them work on everything. The wand is the #1 all purpose tool and always will be. Our #2 all purpose tool is VLM.

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
We have EVERY single tool made in our shop and school. I can't seem to get the techs to use the Zipper. Most prefer the wand or rotary. They do like the Bonzer a lot but we do modify ours. Now with all that being said, Zipper is a well made tool. I get emails/messages behind the scenes where cleaners are split. Some love it and others hate it. Guess that is like a lot tools. My suggestion is adjust the weights, height and switch out glides on different carpets to avoid chatter. Also any new tool is going to take time to get hang of. So give a couple weeks and if you don't like it then sell it. Many used buyers out there. Personally, I've tried everything and a rotary for nasty traffic patterns and swivel wand for everything else.
Rob, what mod did you do or recommend for the bonzer?

Reactions: wsufan18

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Call Erik at 734-771-2312. What ero said about the glides is very true. I actually carry 3 glides .
Sometimes you need to find the right combo .
Some CGD is PITA no mater what we use except maybe our Cimex (VLM) .

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Don't forget that on uneven CGD that Zippers are rendered useless.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Real Name
MARCUS ANDERSON
Business Location
United States
I have use hole glides on front and back.....zipper and bonzer
Never ever had a problem with chatter!!!!!!!

How many of you guys with zipper chatter are using hole or slot glide?????
I did try a slot on the front of bonzer...
Makes it harder to push...maybe less after glide is brocken in......
Im sure its the same with zipper.......

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
If you're using the term "Useles" include the look alikes Bonzer and the Mytee copy.
Heck even a 14' wand is a biatch to use on uneven floors. No unform drying with any these.
I agree a 100% Jim. That is why on 95% of my CGD jobs I use Encap. Or I build a "two step" and HWE then come back week later and VLM it.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
Here i am loving the CGD head on my T-Rex Jr. I bet the CGD head on the full size T-Rex is what some of you knuckle-heads need.
Is it true that the cgd head for the trex will slow the work down?

I can't quantify it...but it does a little bit. The trade off is worth it to me.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
What ever happened to using an RX 20 with holed glides? Used to be the "rage" of the day back in day. I was at a hotel in cali and came across a guy using an RX 20 with holed glides. Cleaned like crazy, at a nice pace and left carpets almost dry.