Zipper SS

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
Looking to possibly get a Zipper SS. I have a Titan 575 and I hope my TM is big enough for it, thing is no distributors have it and it’s even sold out supposedly at zippers website. Did they stop making them? Is there something some of us don’t know? I would assume they would make sure to keep making and selling their “best” tool, no?

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I was on the fence with the Zipper for a long time not only being unsure how much easier it would be than a wand but also drying time and being an O/O with pulling hoses while cleaning. BTW I also have a Titan 575

I did pull the trigger on a Zipper (not SS) and it is a great tool. I have no problem with hoses and drying time is a tad better than a wand. The Titan will handle it no problem. It saves a tad bit of time but the overall reason is that it beats pushing and pulling a wand when your cleaning 10,000 sf of carpet by yourself. With a wand I was beat at the end of the day. With the Zipper your just basically walking back and forth.

Reactions: Rico1

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
It’s a well built tool. We have all the Zippers at our place along with every other CET tool. If you need any unbiased views and exp on any CET tool feel free to ask. Here’s my take on the SS model;

Pro’s
Built like a tank
Will last a long time
Great for restaurants cutting oils

Cons
Very heavy
Handle feels awkward & heavy (a Ti handle be great if it was available)
Leaves halo’s in some carpets
Takes lot lift to extract properly
YouTube influencers cross promote green handshakes
Not residential tool
Over wets cut piles and padding carpet
Have to buy parts from manufacturer only.

Overall a nice unit. If it fits your business model and cleaning style get one. Personally we use Orbot OP’s on all commercial. If we are required to do HWE then all my techs opt with using the Mytee Speed wand. It’s a flushing beast and can be used on all carpets including rugs. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Rico1