Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
The only discount we offer is on our reminder cards that we mail out to our database, which is $25 off any order of $145 or more.

If they think we charge too much, remember they are bombarded with unbelievable low prices from bait and switch cleaners, so the customer figures that should be the going rate. There is no going rate!

I cannot go out and clean 5 areas for $99, and the ones that advertise that don't either.

Reactions: rob allen

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
When I First started I did the 5 Areas for $99.99 and many people (customers) thought I was crazy to do so much work:
Pre vac, pre spray, scrub, rinse, run air mover, hand out shoe covers

And they were right!

That is what I use to do when I began

I still Do except those 5 areas might now cost $800+ to clean.

I learn to charge correctly I didnt mess with my cleaning methods because as one client told me
" You clean so well I dont need them cleaned every 3 or 6 months)
I was happy to know that they were happy and satisfied with my work But
financially it hurt knowing that I was not doing repeat work often and worst not a lot of money.
I did the $99 thing for 1 year and got my name very well known,

But then I began to value my work and quickly learned that I was being nice and fair to the customer
but not to me. I learn to always give your best and be compensated well.

Robntina

Dec 11, 2014
Real Name
Robert Wadley
I always say "the pricing assumes the room is full of stuff"

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
When I First started I did the 5 Areas for $99.99 and many people (customers) thought I was crazy to do so much work:
Pre vac, pre spray, scrub, rinse, run air mover, hand out shoe covers

And they were right!

That is what I use to do when I began

I still Do except those 5 areas might now cost $800+ to clean.

I learn to charge correctly I didnt mess with my cleaning methods because as one client told me
" You clean so well I dont need them cleaned every 3 or 6 months)
I was happy to know that they were happy and satisfied with my work But
financially it hurt knowing that I was not doing repeat work often and worst not a lot of money.
I did the $99 thing for 1 year and got my name very well known,

But then I began to value my work and quickly learned that I was being nice and fair to the customer
but not to me. I learn to always give your best and be compensated well.
I get feedback from clients who were referee saying “Rob’s company is pricey, but worth every penny”. I love hearing that.

mustangcarpet

Jun 19, 2014
Arizona
Real Name
Justin V
I get feedback from clients who were referee saying “Rob’s company is pricey, but worth every penny”. I love hearing that.
We had someone call for an estimate last week and we get to his house and asked who referred him to us. He mentioned a realtor that uses us a lot and said “Les referred me but said they aren’t cheap” 900$ later we got the job.

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
The only discount we offer is on our reminder cards that we mail out to our database, which is $25 off any order of $145 or more.

If they think we charge too much, remember they are bombarded with unbelievable low prices from bait and switch cleaners, so the customer figures that should be the going rate. There is no going rate!

I cannot go out and clean 5 areas for $99, and the ones that advertise that don't either.
Bob, I thought those signs at every corner and I mean EVERY SINGLE CORNER "whole house clean $59.99" with the 813 area code here in Ohio went to you!!!;);):) LOL!

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I too hear that feedback about my service. He'll do it right and very good results, under promises but oh does he over deliver

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Jeff gave me the best advice ever on this forum about 2 months ago. He said he does not discount ever and you should not either. I had to think about that for a while. He is right. Does the gas station discount your fuel? Does your insurance company discount your insurance premiums? Does interlink discount that truckmount because you are only cleaning traffic lanes? Does your Edward Jones advisor say you can deposit 4k instead of 5k into your IRA account this year as you are only cleaning traffic lanes? When a customer says it is a really small sectional sofa why should I have to pay the full sectional price. Think well it is a really small transmission on my van. why must I pay the shop the full transmission price. We need to set a price list. Laminate it, and that is it. Rob already has the price list on TMF. That is it. These are the prices we should all use. Customer was gripping at me for charging a full room Price when it was full of furniture. He screamed at his wife and said I am NOT paying $49 for a half a room. I said Sooo, Are we cleaning the room Or not. He said not. Fine by me, there is a lot more dirt in the world to be c
I respect Jeff for his straight shooter attitude, his knowledge and workmanship.
I also have prices laminated, but all that laminate can be bent. Just today I had job . when third party was involved. I believe we
all hate when that happens. Too many people involved, nobody knows what has to be done and who's got the money for services to be performed.
I feel unhappy if I have to leave house with one soiled arealeft out just because it wouldn't satisfy the contract terms. Rather then spending half an hour finding the truth I clean the room and accept $40 tip for being kind and locked customer for the future. Is there a hope that you retain yours?

Reactions: rob allen

Nick M.

Jan 10, 2015
Real Name
Nick M.
What about the penny flyer guy like Steam Kingz AZ with $6.95/rm? How do you compete with them?

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
What about the penny flyer guy like Steam Kingz AZ with $6.95/rm? How do you compete with them?
You Dont!
If you need to compete for 3 rooms at $7.00 each then something it wrong