aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
What a pain. I know its good money but you might want to walk away. They are going to be watching you like a hawk and 2nd guessing everything you do. People are so clueless about their tile sometimes. I recently gave a quote for over $700 for tile and seal. I thought the customer was going to fall over when I geave her the estimate. I didn't get the job but I think it was a wake up call for them. There is maintenance free flooring out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using TMF Forums mobile app
Damon..how Bouts when you ask them the color of their grout and they say "BLACK" thinking that is the original color. BOZOOS!

Reactions: Nomad74

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States

Pioneer Floorcare LLC

Dec 10, 2013
Palmer, Alaska
Real Name
Scott Turknett
Business Location
United States
Damon..how Bouts when you ask them the color of their grout and they say "BLACK" thinking that is the original color. BOZOOS!
I cleaned some T&G at the Hilton the other day that had a tile replaced at some point. The grout around the one tile was matched black to all the other grout. After I cleaned all the grout it sticks out like a sore thumb against the clean tan t&g.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I cleaned some T&G at the Hilton the other day that had a tile replaced at some point. The grout around the one tile was matched black to all the other grout. After I cleaned all the grout it sticks out like a sore thumb against the clean tan t&g.

Time to sale them a color seal job to make it all one color again. :)

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Paris Hilton?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Well today ended up being a day I should have just stayed in bed.

I woke up this morning to a text of my first job needing to reschedule. Ok, no big deal. I go to Vegas and get my second job done which was a $150 job. I then call my third job to let them know I am on my way and the customer said "you guys already cleaned the carpet yesterday". Well, it must have been some other "you guys" that did it.

So I ended up doing 1 job for $150 today and then to top things off On the way home I got a ticket that will cost me $120.

Oh, and no word from the tile job that was originally booked for today.

tom patnode

Premium VIP
Jun 8, 2008
San Diego
renaissance-carpet.com
Real Name
Tom Patnode

I woke up this morning to a text of my first job needing to reschedule. Ok, no big deal. I go to Vegas and get my second job done which was a $150 job. I then call my third job to let them know I am on my way and the customer said "you guys already cleaned the carpet yesterday". Well, it must have been some other "you guys" that did it.

So I ended up doing 1 job for $150 today and then to top things off On the way home I got a ticket that will cost me $120.

Johnny got your jobs again.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States

Bummer Todd.....

We all have those days though. Wait until you have a few employees and you have a day like that. At least you came close to break even for the day.

Tomorrow will be better.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

tom patnode

Premium VIP
Jun 8, 2008
San Diego
renaissance-carpet.com
Real Name
Tom Patnode

Did you flirt with the cop?
Maybe you could have offered a free cleaning if he would let you go?

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States

Sorry to hear that Todd. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Did you flirt with the cop?
Maybe you could have offered a free cleaning if he would let you go?
LOL, I was driving my wife's van that I had just picked up from the mechanic with "Hello Kitty" stickers all over it.

Try to flirt??? A big guy driving a Hello Kitty van....I see that going bad real fast:rolleyes:

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
LOL, I was driving my wife's van that I had just picked up from the mechanic with "Hello Kitty" stickers all over it.

Try to flirt??? A big guy driving a Hello Kitty van....I see that going bad real fast:rolleyes:
I can just see Todd pulling his pants leg up a little as the cop approaches... The cop stops, snarls, then pulls his sleeve up that is concealing the Semper Fi.......Just before he smacks Todd with a right to the chops for even thinking it! :eek:

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States

Did the cop give you a ticket for driving a van with Hello Kitty stickers all over it?