Clean-Team

Dec 17, 2011
South Australia
Real Name
Grant Baverstock
Business Location
Australia
You can't please everybody.

I get attitude from people about price and I never flinch. Not worth it. Your week is now packed to the gills @Todd the Cleaner no loss to you.

I'm doing a fee more hard surface cleanings these days. Good work, but customers do have this perception that hard floors don't require restorative cleaning.

Grant.

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums

tom patnode

Premium VIP
Jun 8, 2008
San Diego
renaissance-carpet.com
Real Name
Tom Patnode
You can't please everybody.

I get attitude from people about price and I never flinch. Not worth it. Your week is now packed to the gills @Todd the Cleaner no loss to you.

I'm doing a fee more hard surface cleanings these days. Good work, but customers do have this perception that hard floors don't require restorative cleaning.

Grant.

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums
Do you take a lot of pictures before and after? Build a portfolio.

ALL CLEAN

Apr 17, 2012
Reno, Nevada
allcleanreno.com
Real Name
Chris Griego
Business Location
United States
Just tell her Ma'am don't worry about anything I've never done this before but I read the manual on the way over here. :)

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
IMO tile is easier than carpet. Why do we charge more?

www.steamteamcarpetcleaningnepa.com
That's not been my experience. Even when the tile isn't particularly difficult , there's a ton of prep. Takes a while to tape base boards , transition areas and appliances. Not to mention scrubbing grout lines and 175 on the tile face. Don't usually run into a tile job that is quicker per square foot than carpet.

tom patnode

Premium VIP
Jun 8, 2008
San Diego
renaissance-carpet.com
Real Name
Tom Patnode
That's not been my experience. Even when the tile isn't particularly difficult , there's a ton of prep. Takes a while to tape base boards , transition areas and appliances. Not to mention scrubbing grout lines and 175 on the tile face. Don't usually run into a tile job that is quicker per square foot than carpet.
you need advise on how to be a hack?
Just go around everything. that cuts some work.

FastFinish

Anonymous
Jun 29, 2012
Salem, Oregon
www.fastfinishor.com
Real Name
Patrick Rhea
Business Location
United States
Gotta love people like that... I had one schedule from angie's list once and she freaked out that we have hoses to extract with that needed to be in the house and a tool to do the job? She thought we were going to scrub and wipe every grout line by hand or something?..... UH NO

tom patnode

Premium VIP
Jun 8, 2008
San Diego
renaissance-carpet.com
Real Name
Tom Patnode
Gotta love people like that... I had one schedule from angie's list once and she freaked out that we have hoses to extract with that needed to be in the house and a tool to do the job? She thought we were going to scrub and wipe every grout line by hand or something?..... UH NO
LOL people never think stuff through. Maybe you could extract without hoses or a loud motor

Joey J.

Jun 18, 2008
Fl
My answering service took a similar call.

They take notes on every call and the outcomes. Here is the note they sent me.

She told him its generally about .50-.60 a square for tile and grout but that I only give exact quotes with an inspection. He thought it would be cheaper to get just the grout.

" WANTS TO KNOW IF YOU CLEAN GROUT ONLY? HE HAS ABOUT 1416 SQ FT. CALLER WAS VERY UPSET THAT I COULD NOT GIVE HIM A PRICE ON GROUT ONLY AND STATED THAT HE WOULD CALL SOMEONE ELSE."

Here is another note they sent me about a carpet job.

" QUOTED $171 FOR 4 ROOMS PLUS A HALL. SHE SAID 'YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY, THAT'S JUST RIDICULOUS' AND HUNG UP."

Got to love people. Of course just yesterday I did a job for $230 and the lady asked me if I was sure I didn't want to charge more. Said she would have paid $500 for the job I did. She ended up writing the check for $250.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

Joey J.

Jun 18, 2008
Fl
did you offer to take the $500?
Tempting, but I insisted I was only charging what I originally quoted. I did tell her it would be very helpful if she left me a review online and told her friends and family about me, which she insisted she would so we shall see.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
What a pain. I know its good money but you might want to walk away. They are going to be watching you like a hawk and 2nd guessing everything you do. People are so clueless about their tile sometimes. I recently gave a quote for over $700 for tile and seal. I thought the customer was going to fall over when I geave her the estimate. I didn't get the job but I think it was a wake up call for them. There is maintenance free flooring out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using TMF Forums mobile app

Reactions: aloha one