ALL CLEAN

Apr 17, 2012
Reno, Nevada
allcleanreno.com
Real Name
Chris Griego
Business Location
United States
Todd, your price to clean and seal is more than fair. Good luck with her calling around to see what others are charging. I would just make sure you take before and after photos to show her if she's not there. I would also tell the homeowners to come take a look to show them a demo and then they will understand what they are paying for.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
The daughter says the whole reason for having tile is so they can clean it themself instead of having to call someone like you have to for carpet cleaning. :rolleyes:
So they were woefully misinformed about their purchase of tile and they don't know how much of a pain it is to crawl around on the floor and scrub it by hand and do half as good of a job as you will do in 1/10 the time. Hmmmm. Paying for their education now. Isn't that how it usually works?

tom patnode

Premium VIP
Jun 8, 2008
San Diego
renaissance-carpet.com
Real Name
Tom Patnode
I had the issue this week a custy wanted me to clean their carpet. Turns out to be a 4 room flood they wanted me to dry (splashing wet) at carpet cleaning price.
They laughed at my price. I wasn't about to add 10+ fans and dehus for a flat fee of a carpet cleaning

owenscott

Aug 6, 2009
Friggin Cold Upstate NY
Real Name
Stop snoopin u homo
Business Location
United States
My guess is the daughter is a school teacher. School teachers are worse than Russians. Both Communists. :D
And feel entitled too. Local judge says when they get a speeding ticket seems like they always say "but im a teacher" ... his reply is akways ...then yoi should know better.

Reactions: ffej

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
And feel entitled too. Local judge says when they get a speeding ticket seems like they always say "but im a teacher" ... his reply is akways ...then yoi should know better.
Know it alls. I have two in my family to deal with. Their classic line, 'we don't know anything' and then proceed to tell you about the subject in great detail.

Reactions: brendan

dirtsucker

Jan 19, 2011
fulton
Real Name
Ed Ware
Business Location
United States
Actually it is a referral. I cleaned 2 of her friends houses. The customer had no problem with the price, it's the daughter causing the problems.
She's worried about her inheritance

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
I got a call last night from the daughter of a lady that I gave an estimate to the other day. I booked the job to be done this upcoming Monday. It's 800 square feet of tile and grout throughout the house to be cleaned and sealed. I gave a price of $400 to clean and $200 to seal to which the customers (husband and wife) agreed to without hesitation.

So last night I get a call from the daughter accusing me of being a dishonest thief that was taking advantage of a senior couple. We talked for about 2o minutes as I explained the process. Finally getting tired of listening to her I told her to call around and get some other estimates and that I would cancel her mothers job. All of the sudden she says "no, my mother wants the job done". I asked her what she wanted to do and she replied she would call me tomorrow. I again told her to please let me know ASAP what she wanted to do as I would not hold the appointment after today without a committment to do the work.

Grrrr.
Why did she call you a thief?
Over the pricing?
Some people

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TMF Forums mobile app

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
Cuz the Daughtta a BEATCH!
Maybe....
She's probably not used to a professional doing the cleaning so her idea of what prices are, were way off

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TMF Forums mobile app

brentnorman

Sep 6, 2013
Pine River, MN
www.optimumcleaning.net
Real Name
Brent Norman
So I just had one of these calls today! A bit nicer though. The brother called me instead of the sister who was telling me I was way too expensive. So I'm emailing them an itemized bid to show them it is rather reasonable. He knows it is but she doesn't.