emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Tell the daughter you know the real reason she is upset about the cost..... the mother is spending HER inheritance.
Glad to see your not sweating it Todd... you are saying and doing the right thing.
Yes , there are many unscrupulous cleaners out there preying on seniors .
Obviously the daughter has no clue about T&G cleaning prices,.If she called around to other reputable company's she would see that your price is reasonable.
Hope it works out well for you,
but we all know ... can't book em all!

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Well, the daughter was supposed to call at 9:00 this morning. She never called so I called at 10:00 and got the voice mail of course. Left them a message to call me and have since booked 2 jobs for Monday. I'm assuming the job is off unless I get a call at which time it will have to be scheduled for another day. I considered calling the parents but I am not going to play the family feud game.

WillnDeb

May 11, 2011
Real Name
Will
Business Location
United States
N

Not yet. I will give the daughter a couple hours to call me. Actually as I get calls I am just going to book other jobs for Monday. It's not worth the hassle.
I would also tell the parents when they called that their idiot daughter called you a thief and you will no longer do work for people who talk about you like that AND tell every other CCer that the daughter is a major fruit and PITA.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Well, the daughter was supposed to call at 9:00 this morning. She never called so I called at 10:00 and got the voice mail of course. Left them a message to call me and have since booked 2 jobs for Monday. I'm assuming the job is off unless I get a call at which time it will have to be scheduled for another day. I considered calling the parents but I am not going to play the family feud game.
Tough situation, odds are that the patents have no knowledge that the daughter called and will be waiting for you on Monday.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I would also tell the parents when they called that their idiot daughter called you a thief and you will no longer do work for people who talk about you like that AND tell every other CCer that the daughter is a major fruit and PITA.

I think that might be extortion. Just sayin. :)

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Thats why I would call the parents to confirm they dont want your service. Your work was scheduled with them not their daughter. If they say no I just say let me know if something changes and thank you for the opportunity. This will eliminate any guessing and possible misunderstanding if they think your coming.

vader

Jan 26, 2014
Real Name
Stewie, Griffin
If your busy enough and got your hands full just let it go and let someone else deal with it, if the daughter is gonna be a pain in a-- over the phone I can only imagine how its gonna be when you start the work, worse is what if you don't get paid then you have to waste your time getting your money. If the daughter does call back tell her its gonna be a $1000. Hate penny pinchers.

Actually if someone is gonna call you a thief well then f--k em not worth dealing, just walk away.

TopJobROd

Apr 11, 2013
Des Moines Iowa
Real Name
Rod Snyder
Business Location
United States
I had one last week where I had the job all set up and had done a demo test, Kitchen and dining room was actually more than 300' so I sold it for 285'. The husband came in all in a huff saying he was only getting 130' and WHAT THE HE!! was I thinking. I patiently got fresh paper and measured and drew the whole thing out for him showing that I measure conservatively just to put people like him in their place when challenged. He looked funny with egg all over his face! (how I would have loved to walk after that...)

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
She is prolly a groupon groupi.
I just had someone say. Well i could get a Groupon but didn't wanna mess around. and needed it done fast, after i told her the price. I said that would be a mistake. And i explained it was bait and switch and mainly start up companies.
Cleaned her house today. Even upsold couch and she told us we were soooo good.
Hacks effect us in many ways. This woman could have been really screwed before. I simply ask. Ma'am have you had a bad experience with a carpet cleaner before? This is the honest approach and it works very well.

Bob

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Unless both parents are completely senile I'd ignore the daughter. She really has ZERO rights in the situation. It's the parents home and they're the ones footing the bill, not their daughter. I would have told her not only am I not taking advantage of her parents they're actually getting a very good deal compared to many other companies out there and if she doesn't believe she can take all the time she wants to check up on that. I would then tell her the job will remain scheduled unless one of her parents calls to cancel and the charges stand as quoted.

Reactions: Responder

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
I had the same thing happen except the kids decided to do the job themselves. The mother canceled. I said good luck. It was a color seal job. I will not fix it cheap if she calls.

Bob

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
They never called and I have already booked 3 jobs for Monday, in fact I am totally booked for next week except for Thursday which has one job so far.

WillnDeb

May 11, 2011
Real Name
Will
Business Location
United States
Something tells me you dodged a huge bullet on this one, that loon would have blamed you for a missing piece of silverware from 10 years ago if she could. I'd put them on "the list".

Reactions: bassplyr

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I would have told her this is the going rate for a quality company. However if you feel it is a bit I can come by and do a no obligation demo at your home. If you like I could work out a discount if you decide to clean yours.

Reactions: ColoradoCleaner

Randy Stoker

Premium VIP
Jun 16, 2012
Texas
Real Name
Randy Stoker
Business Location
United States
I got just the opposite the other day. A woman called and got a quote for carpet cleaning for her Dad and Step Mom (she stated that she was paying for it and we would do a CC by phone when I was done). She lives in Dallas and her parents live here locally. I quoted her 175.00 plus tax. She said she would have her step mom call to schedule the appointment. The step mom called and I scheduled her for Friday. She wanted to know everything I moved and what I did for the $175. I explained the process and that was that. Next day she calls me with a not so nice attitude and said "I won't be needing your services on Friday" and then she hung up the phone. What the heck, dude. What crawled up her old panties?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I got just the opposite the other day. A woman called and got a quote for carpet cleaning for her Dad and Step Mom (she stated that she was paying for it and we would do a CC by phone when I was done). She lives in Dallas and her parents live here locally. I quoted her 175.00 plus tax. She said she would have her step mom call to schedule the appointment. The step mom called and I scheduled her for Friday. She wanted to know everything I moved and what I did for the $175. I explained the process and that was that. Next day she calls me with a not so nice attitude and said "I won't be needing your services on Friday" and then she hung up the phone. What the heck, dude. What crawled up her old panties?
Must be close to the full moon:rolleyes:

Mojo Rising

Premium VIP
May 26, 2012
Bend
Real Name
REal NAme
Todd you are such a trouble maker.. Todd did it again. ;) <------ the emocon means I was joking. :) <---- means not trying to be a jerk.