Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I got a call last night from the daughter of a lady that I gave an estimate to the other day. I booked the job to be done this upcoming Monday. It's 800 square feet of tile and grout throughout the house to be cleaned and sealed. I gave a price of $400 to clean and $200 to seal to which the customers (husband and wife) agreed to without hesitation.

So last night I get a call from the daughter accusing me of being a dishonest thief that was taking advantage of a senior couple. We talked for about 2o minutes as I explained the process. Finally getting tired of listening to her I told her to call around and get some other estimates and that I would cancel her mothers job. All of the sudden she says "no, my mother wants the job done". I asked her what she wanted to do and she replied she would call me tomorrow. I again told her to please let me know ASAP what she wanted to do as I would not hold the appointment after today without a committment to do the work.

Grrrr.

Reactions: bassplyr

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
I got a call last night from the daughter of a lady that I gave an estimate to the other day. I booked the job to be done this upcoming Monday. It's 800 square feet of tile and grout throughout the house to be cleaned and sealed. I gave a price of $400 to clean and $200 to seal to which the customers (husband and wife) agreed to without hesitation.

So last night I get a call from the daughter accusing me of being a dishonest thief that was taking advantage of a senior couple. We talked for about 2o minutes as I explained the process. Finally getting tired of listening to her I told her to call around and get some other estimates and that I would cancel her mothers job. All of the sudden she says "no, my mother wants the job done". I asked her what she wanted to do and she replied she would call me tomorrow. I again told her to please let me know ASAP what she wanted to do as I would not hold the appointment after today without a committment to do the work.

Grrrr.
That's ridiculous. What a pain!

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
And so the daughter can clean the tile floor herself...? I hope you get another job to fill that spot. And make them reschedule.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
And so the daughter can clean the tile floor herself...? I hope you get another job to fill that spot. And make them reschedule.
The daughter says the whole reason for having tile is so they can clean it themself instead of having to call someone like you have to for carpet cleaning. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Ryankettering

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
The daughter says the whole reason for having tile is so they can clean it themself instead of having to call someone like you have to for carpet cleaning. :rolleyes:
Sure the face might be clean, but the grout....? Hardly. I would show the daughter before and after photos and video too. IF she is willing. Sounds, like her mind is made up. But, if there is a chance of conversion, press hard to convince her. HEY, a job is a job. Don't let her ignorance stand in the way of putting food on the table.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Is .50 an average per sqft for your area? This doesnt sound like a referral. I noticed I get less of these meshuganahs when its a referral.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Yeah, I'm busy enough right now that I can easily fill the day with carpet jobs.

Blacktiedetailing

www.crsurfacecare.com
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2011
Las Vegas
WWW.CRSurfaceCare.com
Real Name
Jeff Kondra
Business Location
United States
I would of charged her $649. She can call a hack for $.20 per

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app because I have nothing better to do than post on TMF!!!

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Is .50 an average per sqft for your area? This doesnt sound like a referral? I noticed I get less of these meshuganahs when its a referral.
Actually it is a referral. I cleaned 2 of her friends houses. The customer had no problem with the price, it's the daughter causing the problems.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Some people do get sticker shock with tile/grout.

They dont understand how much physical work it is until they try to do it themselves.

Vito

Bravo Carpet and Tile Cleaning
Premium VIP
Aug 17, 2012
Naples, Fl.
bravocarpetandtilecleaning.com
Real Name
Vito Trupiano
Business Location
United States
I did one a while back. the husband did not want it done , thought that I was full of it. the wife wanted it done. 3/4 thru the job, he come up to me and shank my hand, said he is very sorry for giving me a hard time he had no ideal how much work and what was involved in clean tile. gave me a large tip also.

FloorSolutions

Jul 9, 2012
Long Island, NY
Real Name
Rich Troia
Business Location
United States
most customers dont realize we are going to be using big, expensive machines, spinners/wands and all sorts of scrubbing equipment usually. they get sticker shock at first, but when they see you carting in hoses, spraying the floor, scrubbing it all in, rinsing with a spinner, throwing air movers on, they see its not just a simple job and thats why it costs. then once they see the results, they are generally blown away and hooked for life.

Made New Again

Oct 6, 2010
TX
www.madenewagain.com
Real Name
Blake McCormick
Business Location
United States
Typical tile pricing is $.65 to .75/ft2 for cleaning and the $.45-.60 for clear sealing and $1.00/ft for the preferred color seal and giving them a 5 year warranty on the color seal as well.

Reactions: aloha one

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Since the agreement was with her parents have you asked them if they want to proceed?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Since the agreement was with her parents have you asked them if they want to proceed?
Not yet. I will give the daughter a couple hours to call me. Actually as I get calls I am just going to book other jobs for Monday. It's not worth the hassle.