You guys in cold climates, have you seen this?

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Stumbled across this video on YouTube
Click Here

Diesel air heater for keeping your van & TM warm over-night.

Buy one on Ebay Click Here
Van to RV conversions have been using these for years apparently.
I never heard of them before.
Looks like it could be a viable, low cost solution?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
That was a cool video. I’m definitely interested in learning more. It says it’s 12 volt so I assume we would hook it up to the truckmount battery. I wonder if it could run all night without killing the battery.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
That was a cool video. I’m definitely interested in learning more. It says it’s 12 volt so I assume we would hook it up to the truckmount battery. I wonder if it could run all night without killing the battery.
Or you could hook up a 120v transformer. I think the start up amp draw is around 10amps and then it goes down once the unit gets going.
Looked like a very economical way to keep a TM from freezing.
But then I'm in Florida so what do I know

Stevie_a

Feb 19, 2019
Real Name
Stevie
Hi Guys

First post here, so be kind ;)

I have tried these heaters in one of our vans, put it in at the end of last year, so far not to happy, still to look into the reason for the failing of it.

1. uses 1/2 tank of it's own fuel tank per night ( I did not wan't to use van fuel tank) Glad i did now as i can see how much it uses.

2. keeps flattening the battery, connected to 60h truckmount battery. ( yet again did not want to connect to van.

FloorGypsi Services

Dec 9, 2018
Real Name
Tom Gyles
Business Location
United States
I know this may sound a little crazy but I just plug in a small 5500 watt electric heater and close it into the truck. Works great. If the temperature looks like it is going to 0 or below I will put 2 in. I also run the TM until it gets warm before plugging in heater(s). Electric is about $10.00 per night but still way cheaper than a blower and tool replacement. Have a Ford Genisis TM . I would garage it if I were any further North. (In Missouri)

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
I know this may sound a little crazy but I just plug in a small 5500 watt electric heater and close it into the truck. Works great. If the temperature looks like it is going to 0 or below I will put 2 in. I also run the TM until it gets warm before plugging in heater(s). Electric is about $10.00 per night but still way cheaper than a blower and tool replacement. Have a Ford Genisis TM . I would garage it if I were any further North. (In Missouri)
5500 watt, did you mean to say that?

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
garuntee these kero heaters will heat a garage...no problem with a van.....
We use the 175,000btu cannons to heat homes under construction. One in basement and one in greatroom will cook the whole house. I wouldnt leave them unattended though. Lol and definitely not in confined spaces. They tend to melt stuff.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
On of these days a truckmount manufacturer will make a small heater/pump and way to circulate it slowly through the system at night. It would use so much less power than heating everything.

Reactions: SRD

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Run 240v outlet close to where you park. And use 240v electric shop heater. Even with 2 seperate circuits with space heaters you can never do any better then 3000 w combined. 240v can get you up to 4000-7500w depending if you use 20 or 30a breaker. These will more easily maintain temperatures and run less often.