Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Many carpet cleaners think and act like they are their customers. But I say you’re NOT your client. So many base their business and prices off thinking they are their client when they are not. Don’t believe me? Then hear me out...

@carpetcleaning
@carpetcleaningpricing
@tmfchemicals

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
Mack Clark called it Pricing within your own economics.

Reactions: rob allen

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I certainly fail to charge a higher price, especially given all the extra things we do. I've fallen into a bit of a trap, I'm happy with the money we are making but I also know we could easily charge more.

I'm slowly inching up pricing.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I certainly fail to charge a higher price, especially given all the extra things we do. I've fallen into a bit of a trap, I'm happy with the money we are making but I also know we could easily charge more.

I'm slowly inching up pricing.
If your hitting 1600 days your doing great and honestly its good to add lots of value to really get the word out.

We always do extra for new clients.. small little entry rug or whatever goes a long way evem though it costs us nothing and takes a few seconds

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
If your hitting 1600 days your doing great and honestly its good to add lots of value to really get the word out.

We always do extra for new clients.. small little entry rug or whatever goes a long way evem though it costs us nothing and takes a few seconds
I am doing great, but to quote Warren Buffet, it's not the money I make, it's the money I left on the table that bothers me. =)

But considering I use top premium chemicals, Apex 570 machine, TRex rotaries, wanding edges, removing almost 99% of stains, soft water rinsing, acid rinsing, speed drying, etc etc...and Zerorez/Stanley Steemer still charge more than I do for a Splash n Dash. I think customers in many cases would pay me $75-$100 more and still be entirely thrilled with the results.

Oh FYI I've been selling Rob's unchained customer bottle for $25 and I nearly sold all 24 of them in 1 week. $15 profit per bottle.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I am doing great, but to quote Warren Buffet, it's not the money I make, it's the money I left on the table that bothers me. =)

But considering I use top premium chemicals, Apex 570 machine, TRex rotaries, wanding edges, removing almost 99% of stains, soft water rinsing, acid rinsing, speed drying, etc etc...and Zerorez/Stanley Steemer still charge more than I do for a Splash n Dash. I think customers in many cases would pay me $75-$100 more and still be entirely thrilled with the results.

Oh FYI I've been selling Rob's unchained customer bottle for $25 and I nearly sold all 24 of them in 1 week. $15 profit per bottle.
Stanley here charges a lot, everyone always thinks of their 99 deal.. they do run that but they arent cheap.

We did a rug, 2 chairs, and a 3 seater sofa with no removable cushions the other day.. easy job $430. Lady said we were way cheaper than Stanley.

Money left on the table maybe but ill take those jobs all day everyday. Our overhead is much lower than theirs, they rent a big warehouse close by (at least $20-30k/month) we own the land we park our trucks

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Stanley here charges a lot, everyone always thinks of their 99 deal.. they do run that but they arent cheap.

We did a rug, 2 chairs, and a 3 seater sofa with no removable cushions the other day.. easy job $430. Lady said we were way cheaper than Stanley.

Money left on the table maybe but ill take those jobs all day everyday. Our overhead is much lower than theirs, they rent a big warehouse close by (at least $20-30k/month) we own the land we park our trucks
430 bones with low or no overhead is very good.

Reactions: ACP and LeeRoy

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
What's funny is even on my days off if there isn't much going on or the wife and kids are taking a nap ill usually end up with a same day $200 job for 3 rooms.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States

I kindly disagree with a second part of your post, I rather do 1room free for army vet or where I see fitted( low income household), than small stuff for first timer. On your next visit they'll be like: " remember, you did that rug and ottoman at no charge" Usually , those small things take more juice out of me, e.g, small rug that should be machine washed.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I kindly disagree with a second part of your post, I rather do 1room free for army vet or where I see fitted( low income household), than small stuff for first timer. On your next visit they'll be like: " remember, you did that rug and ottoman at no charge" Usually , those small things take more juice out of me, e.g, small rug that should be machine washed.
I wouldn't do a whole area rug or upholstery for free... I'm talking about a 3x4 entry mat on the way out of the house

Reactions: Luky

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
FB jobs coming in hard af... they are dirty though. Our campaign launched 2 weeks ago and its exploding. 3.5 rooms and 6 stairs, heavy urine decon job
Screenshot_20200811-124422_Housecall%20Pro.jpg

gordon qian

Oct 31, 2019
Real Name
gordon qian
haha the drug dealer part really got me, yeah a chemical prespray drug dealer maybe :ROFLMAO: