yet another question about portables!!!

mart uk

Nov 1, 2008
uk
Real Name
mart pollard
Hi - noticed the threads on portables and was kind of wondering why no one spoke (good or bad) about the US Products machines...?

I'm going to test the new (to the UK) King Cobra 1200 Pro next week - it's called the HSC 585 MULTI over here. I have seen other portables but wasn't overly impressed with the vacuum/suction/drying ability. By the way I have not yet seen the Mytee range in the flesh so any pointers in their direction over here would be great!

I have spoken with the people that import/re-configure the US Products machine over here and they tell me that this machine will come as close as possible to the same/similar capabilities of an entry level Truck Mount.

We're planning on buying both types of machine to deal with various o site situations...

Please understand that I'm not trying to stir a hornets nest :AddEmoticons04239: but am just trying to 'buy right' and respect the opinions of the guys on this forum greatly! :AddEmoticons0423:

Regards

Mart P

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Mart,

Our Importer to the UK is just getting their first production run this month. CE takes a long time and is quite expensive. The M-12 is comparable to the King Cobra except for the Mytee has a 250 psi pump where as KC has 150 psi. Both are dual mode and use a 1200 psi pump also. In the the USA Mytee is considerably less expensive. Our new website will be up shortly. Then you will be able to check out all our new models.

Thanks,

John

May 26, 2008
Bellevue, Wa (Greater Seattle Area)/Spokane, Washi
Real Name
Rich Eden
Hey Mart,

I have a few Mytee portables, and they are awesome units. I have both truckmounts and portables on all of my vans for varying situations such as high rises. I use the Mytee in my truck probably 4 times a week, I've had if for the last 5 years. It's taken A LOT of abuse and only had to go in for service once. When I upgrade my porty fleet I will definitely be using Mytee again.

Thanks John (and everyone else at Mytee) for making a fantastic machine!!

mart uk

Nov 1, 2008
uk
Real Name
mart pollard
Thank you John and Rich,

I'll keep an eye out for the Mytees! Can I ask who/where the UK Distributor is John? Are they based in Cornwall (South West UK)..?

They do sound like superb machines - regarding the pump PSIs quoted do you mean that one is adjustable from 150 and the other from 250? Apologies for the probably daft question, but hey I am new...:AddEmoticons04233:

The one underlying 'must have' for all these machines definitely is support and excellent Customer Service, and from what I've read - indeed Richs' comments added, it seems that you really have that area covered John.:AddEmoticons0423:

As far as the US Products go yes they are much more expensive than other portables on offer over here, double the average price! That is one consideration that we're looking at -it will have to be one serious mother of a machine to justify the incredible price difference! We have also found another very similar machine called the Terminator, my imagination or is it verrrry similar, as in maybe made by the same people?

:AddEmoticons04259:

Thank you once again for your thoughts.

Regards

Mart P

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Mart,

I'll get the dist. info tomorrow for you when I go to the office. Let me clarify my comments on the pump. Both these units are dual mode machines. 1200 psi for grout and on the Mytee an additional 250 psi pump that when you switch it on you also turn on a 2000 watt heater. On the KC you go from 1200 psi pump to 150 psi pump with heat. The Therminator is a Thermax machine. If this is the one I'm thinking of it's not really in the same class of the KC or the M-12.

John

mart uk

Nov 1, 2008
uk
Real Name
mart pollard
re: your reply

Hi John

Thank you for the clarification regarding the pumps/psi, much appreciated. I think it's very possible to become 'overloaded' with information when looking at all these machines and trying to sort out which one is most suitable for the intended roles.

Hence my previous post...

Looking forward to receiving the Distributor info tomorrow.

Thanks again

Mart P

Blind Dr

Oct 15, 2008
Central Illinois
www.adamsproclean.com
Real Name
Gary
Business Location
United States
Hi Mart,

I considered purchasing the us products king cobra. The major turn off for me was price and a less than positive experience from US Products. I have several of the Ultimate PB3's running with over 1200 hours on them. I have had several break down. I contacted them about replacement parts. David, the individual I spoke with was extremely rude, and very UN-knowledgeable about their product. In fact even the gal that takes the calls was not very pleasant. I also had to get an upgrade kit for 5 of my ozone machines that are also us products. Again they were not helpful at all. This really turned me off of them altogether. The attitude I received was one of "why are you bothering me" so I stopped. I also informed them the last contact I had, that I was going to purchase 10 portables and they would not get my business because of the way they had treated me as a customer. In 1998, they were more customer friendly. Now they are not. In my opinion, if a company charges the prices that they do, they better have customer support. We all know that, why don't they figure it out.

I decided, good or bad, to purchase the ninja portables. I have 10 of the 500 psi units and have 2 of the 1200 psi units. I don't have alot of field experience with them but, up to this point they have met my expectations for the price.

Hi Mart,

I think the Cornish distributor you are thinking of is Solution UK Ltd. who distribute both The 3 x 3-stage vac., 326 cfm 500psi Scorpion XPS and the Masterforce 1200psi with auto-dump and auto feed.

Both machines have full CE approval and the legendary after-sales service associated with this company.

mart uk

Nov 1, 2008
uk
Real Name
mart pollard
your replies...!

Hey Gary and John

Many thanks for your replies to my post/s - I have to echo the response that you had (sadly) with US Products over here. Their parent company 'Nilfisk' were about as helpful and pleasant as osama bin ladens' sales & marketing academy. For such as expensive range of products you think they'd be a little more professional and courteous - that said the 1200 pro does look the part so we'll see when I actually test it.

John my friend, I've already spent a good 5 hours in the very pleasant company of the guys at Solution UK, Nick and Steve, and they have been THE most informative and helpful thus far regarding portables. :AddEmoticons0423: Thank you though for your input. :AddEmoticons0423:

We also met another Cornish based company that market the Hydramaster range of Truckmounts - also finding them to be extremely polite, professional and courteous - I guess it must be a Cornish thing!! :AddEmoticons04233:

Will keep you posted as to where we end up regarding the choices on offer.

Kind regards

Mart P:AddEmoticons04257: