Yelp

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
May 2, 2016
Real Name
Eli Rodriguez
So I made a account and in less then 5 seconds of confirming my email I get a call. Spoke to a lady for a while to hear the process. My thing is it's a contract that I really don't want to jump on especially being on the lowest end of price at around $600. Does this sound right? I'm on home advisor about to drop them and need some Yelp I mean Help. Lol ....

Lightning Carpet Care LLC

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
So I made a account and in less then 5 seconds of confirming my email I get a call. Spoke to a lady for a while to hear the process. My thing is it's a contract that I really don't want to jump on especially being on the lowest end of price at around $600. Does this sound right? I'm on home advisor about to drop them and need some Yelp I mean Help. Lol ....

In my opinion, do not give them money. Use their free listing and get reviews.

May 2, 2016
Real Name
Eli Rodriguez
I'm not stupid but dang that's nuts they include video, optimization on your site and it's a pay per click thing

May 2, 2016
Real Name
Eli Rodriguez
Exactly.... I have faith I will progress I just started 7 months ago and want to get out of HomeAdvisor but the thing is I can't stand price shoppers. Then I have to deal with paying for leads and pulling teeth to not get charged for those leads. But Homeadvisor has been somewhat helpful for me to gain access to one on one clients. Also taking that leap I was leaning towards google ad words.

Nov 5, 2016
Real Name
Cody Archdeacon
Thumbtack is doing a new program where you only pay when they respond. This includes a quoting service. Where they bid for you. It's not available to the public yet but I was invited and am giving it a go. So far, 3 prospects and booked one job (in 3 days of starting the program).

There was an issue with one of those where the system quoted $25 for 2 rooms and 13 stairs. That client hasn't responded nor was I charged (was a bug). Seems promising so far.

I opted not to go with yelp because of the pricetag. Honestly at that price, adwords with a good landing page and that budget should keep you at at least 1-2 jobs per day.

Sent from my LGLS992 using TMF Forums mobile app

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Exactly.... I have faith I will progress I just started 7 months ago and want to get out of HomeAdvisor but the thing is I can't stand price shoppers. Then I have to deal with paying for leads and pulling teeth to not get charged for those leads. But Homeadvisor has been somewhat helpful for me to gain access to one on one clients. Also taking that leap I was leaning towards google ad words.

There is no way I would pay $600 a month especially with you only having 7 months with your business.

Where are most of your jobs coming from? Have a website?

Dec 10, 2013
Palmer, Alaska
Real Name
Scott Turknett
Business Location
United States
I used to have 5 "recommended 5star" reviews. I wanted to step up advertising in general and agreed to pay them $5/click up to $350/mo. The guy said 3 mo contract with immediate cancellation. I was billed as much as $35/ click, cancelled after 3 mo, but they billed for two more months. After almost $2k spent my reviews became " not recommended"

Aug 10, 2016
Real Name
Bolo
They wanted to charge me 475 or something like that a month, I don't remember what the contract was but they told me my business would be cycled everyday for the top spot it was like 15 pages of other competitors.

I got into a heated argument cause the guy was bad mouthing the people who was marketing for me.. I'm not risking business with them after my experience and what I've been hearing of the unprofessional control they have over your business .....

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using TMF Forums mobile app

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
They wanted to charge me 475 or something like that a month, I don't remember what the contract was but they told me my business would be cycled everyday for the top spot it was like 15 pages of other competitors.

I got into a heated argument cause the guy was bad mouthing the people who was marketing for me.. I'm not risking business with them after my experience and what I've been hearing of the unprofessional control they have over your business .....

Yelp...don't get me started...100% THIEVES!

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
At the same time It seems like a good amount of people get good business from yelp. I'd like to hear about their experience from the beginning.

I get a ton of business from yelps FREE listing. I'm not going to give them money to show up in an ad featured above my organic search result.

Kingdomcome84

Jul 28, 2013
Real Name
Kenechi Enezuagu
In my opinion, do not give them money. Use their free listing and get reviews.
When you discontinue their service, they filter out all your reviews.

I was on a $375/month 6month contract with the maximum PPC not to exceed $600. My bill always was $600 and I didn't get a single job while under contract. When you ask for their guarantee, they sell you have to remain active for multiple contracts to build clientele. Spend elsewhere.

my free account remains, but I've moved forward and never looking back?

Last edited: