Yelp? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

ciobanu_liviu

Aug 12, 2015
Real Name
Liviu Ciobanu
I am using them. From 61 clics got 1 call. Yuppie. At least i got them on 3 month contract. 2 more and i am done.

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
You should only use free listings.

In my area Yelp is used by many. I get a large percentage of my work from their free listing.

envy

Mar 12, 2015
Real Name
Aaron R
I like Yelp but I don't want to pay for their advertisement program. It's not used much in our area but from when I started about a year ago I moved from somewhere in the 20s to the second spot. Got to the second spot with only 8 reviews and only 5 of them counting.

I get about a call a week and I try hard to land those jobs in hopes for another review.

Almost all of my Yelp jobs have been from people moving in from California. If it ever takes off in my area, I hope to be ranked high so even though it's 2-3 jobs a month now, it's free and doesn't hurt anything to be angling for the future.

MPR

Mar 10, 2014
Illinois
Real Name
Mike Raimer
Business Location
United States
If not yelp, what works for you

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
were doing the yelp ppc, its okay so far.. angies list is way less window shoppers, tire kickers, and cheap asses.

yelp seems to be more popular with the younger crowd but some older folks use it. Angies list in my experience is upper class with larger homes and money to spend, price isnt really on their list of concerns for many of them and it shows in the $40 tips sometimes even $100 tips

Total Cleaning Service

Sep 13, 2015
Real Name
Matthew Tyson
I am using them. From 61 clics got 1 call. Yuppie. At least i got them on 3 month contract. 2 more and i am done.
Had a similar experience 3 calls a month if im lucky. When i first signed up the go over ur ad with you and say oh its great. When i tell them im goin to cancel well u should change this and this on ur ad its wrong lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using TMF Forums mobile app

envy

Mar 12, 2015
Real Name
Aaron R
How much does it cost to be featured on Yelp?
They don't have set prices. They start by trying to get you to commit for a year. Then they will go to six months and finally will offer a three month contract. Not sure if they'll go lower.

They will also waive the set up fee and just charge the monthly.

I can't pull the trigger on it though. You get to pick how many clicks you want to buy with the cheapest being in the $300-$400 range and up to $1800 a month. I asked how much each click costs and they told me $12. That seems too much to me.

These prices are for my area. I have no idea if prices fluctuate depending on the area.

ciobanu_liviu

Aug 12, 2015
Real Name
Liviu Ciobanu
They don't have set prices. They start by trying to get you to commit for a year. Then they will go to six months and finally will offer a three month contract. Not sure if they'll go lower.

They will also waive the set up fee and just charge the monthly.

I can't pull the trigger on it though. You get to pick how many clicks you want to buy with the cheapest being in the $300-$400 range and up to $1800 a month. I asked how much each click costs and they told me $12. That seems too much to me.

These prices are for my area. I have no idea if prices fluctuate depending on the area.
I got the 175 per month.