Yelp - Whats your experience?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
I had 34 five stars that I built-up over 10 years on yahoo, all are gone , yelp hijacked everything, Yelp only posts what their computer deems preferred, absolutely hate Yelp

Sent from my SM-N920T using TMF Forums mobile app
Dane!!! This was very helpful!!! I had my SEO put a page up on Yelp, then I got a call from them from their rep! He promising this and that! $600 a month 1 year contract. I just spoke to him and not one of you out of the 10-12 post I read had anything good to say about Yelp! I have made my decision! Thank You So Much Guys!

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
Dane!!! This was very helpful!!! I had my SEO put a page up on Yelp, then I got a call from them from their rep! He promising this and that! $600 a month 1 year contract. I just spoke to him and not one of you out of the 10-12 post I read had anything good to say about Yelp! I have made my decision! Thank You So Much Guys!
Correction out of the 20 posts!

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Yelp are legal EXTORTIONISTS! Least in my case...and Millions of others that sued them in court and LOST!

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
Yelp are legal EXTORTIONISTS! Least in my case...and Millions of others that sued them in court and LOST!
They are man!

They recently added a "request a quote" feature. It is fu**ing killing me. They are making these people think they can message me:

"I have carpets that need cleaning, how much?"

Ummmm...maybe some info would be helpful...

It's just frustrating because my only option is to pay them to put a larger call to action in hopes of drowning it out.

My point is they don't care that they are helping me lose business.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
They are man!

They recently added a "request a quote" feature. It is fu**ing killing me. They are making these people think they can message me:

"I have carpets that need cleaning, how much?"

Ummmm...maybe some info would be helpful...

It's just frustrating because my only option is to pay them to put a larger call to action in hopes of drowning it out.

My point is they don't care that they are helping me lose business.
Sure nuff..They are especially damaging to restaurants...They can destroy them leaving out positive reviews until you PAY them. How that's legal is beyond me.

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
Sure nuff..They are especially damaging to restaurants...They can destroy them leaving out positive reviews until you PAY them. How that's legal is beyond me.
They have some type of agreement with Apple, and there up there as far as people doing searches, there the most popular. That is why they think they can screw everyone! Just glad I did not move forward with them.

Sep 13, 2015
Real Name
Matthew Tyson
I wish i would have used the money i spent with adwords or something else. I also wish i would have just used a prepaid card to pay them cause they trying to charge me for a extra month, i told them good luck

Sent from my SM-N920P using TMF Forums mobile app

Apr 6, 2013
Do you guys think a call to action with a offer like free deodorizer or free scotchguard one room, be enticing to customers then to your competitors that have nothing? Wouldn't they call you over somebody that doesn't have a offer? I know reviews are important I'm at #4 in my city on Yelp listing and would figure if I did do a call to action it would help?

Sent from my SM-G930T using TMF Forums mobile app

Sep 13, 2015
Real Name
Matthew Tyson
Do you guys think a call to action with a offer like free deodorizer or free scotchguard one room, be enticing to customers then to your competitors that have nothing? Wouldn't they call you over somebody that doesn't have a offer? I know reviews are important I'm at #4 in my city on Yelp listing and would figure if I did do a call to action it would help?

Im no expert but i think you would be better off with adwords or a fb ad

envy

Mar 12, 2015
Real Name
Aaron R
I'm not sure if a call to action like that helps. You should get your response to "within an hour" or "about an hour" or how ever they term it.

I also placed one of those $30 for $50 deals. When those get bought, it sucks but the upside is you stand out and I think it's good to use if you're trying to improve your position.

I'm finally in first place now so when my last couple of deals are sold, I won't put new ones up.

Apr 6, 2013
I wonder what customers look at tho call to action is 50@month and enhanced profile is 75@month? Call to action just gives you a deal so you can offer it to customer like free dedorizer whole house, and enchanted profile takes competitors of your page and gives you a slide show as well as call to action included.. my call to action was free deodorizer whole house or free Scotchgard guard one room any other ideas? Also Yelp is huge in California

Bentley

Jan 22, 2013
Jacksonville Florida
Real Name
Patrick Bentley
Business Location
United States
did a six month contract the only calls I got were hundreds of telemarketers. Then they'll try and pull a stunt and auto renew no matter what you do or say to get an extra month or two. Use the free service if you must stay away from the pay service,they also use a redirected phone number that isnt yours that will mess up your seo. The come on like sugar and turn to shit as soon as you sign on the dotted line.
That.....is EXACTLY what happened to me. Stay with FREE. The sales folks stick you and can't remember our deal that I was adamant about keeping. Stay away.

mjb4ex

Apr 29, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Butler
Shit...I just signed up with Yelp...I had similar experiences as everyone described with here with YP...so I figured Yelp had to be better...

Mr.Paul

Jul 14, 2015
Real Name
Paul Poulos
I use YELP for my business.
Supreme Cleaning Company, LLC.

They are fantastic. I have had a 2.65 ROI. I also ask my customers to leave kind words on YELP after I complete a job.

Maybe everyone's experience is different.
I'm in the Northern Chicago suburbs.

With all marketing, you must be consistent. Use multiple forms of advertising at once.

I use YELP, HomeAdvisor and Facebook. Also email marketing and I have a referral rewards program.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I use YELP for my business.
Supreme Cleaning Company, LLC.

They are fantastic. I have had a 2.65 ROI. I also ask my customers to leave kind words on YELP after I complete a job.

Maybe everyone's experience is different.
I'm in the Northern Chicago suburbs.

With all marketing, you must be consistent. Use multiple forms of advertising at once.

I use YELP, HomeAdvisor and Facebook. Also email marketing and I have a referral rewards program.
What is your ROI for the other marketing? 2.65:1 does not sound all that great but you need to compare it to the other marketing.

Latest posts