TimetoShine

Jul 26, 2020
Real Name
James Cannon
So I'm a relatively new floor cleaning business. I started Dec 2019. So far all of my work has been obtained from Yelp. But I'm so torn by their fees and I feel like I'm getting screwed as it feels like they pick and choose what "they feel" is right. Plus I feel that people who request services from Yelp are looking for cheap rates, not so much quality work but they want it done for next to nothing. There have been times I've dropped my price down for people just to get a job, but at the end of the day I end up eating the cost. I have tried Google previously but they're even worse than Yelp, the only calls I get from Google are other marketing firms wanting me to advertise with them. I have recently broadened into Facebook marketing a little but I'm just curious if anybody has some insight on the best marketing strategies to promote my business. I would like to get into a couple property management companies but not sure the right way to approach them.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I just replied on another forum to a guy that ended up closing shop because he thought he could send out 50,000 fliers and be busy. Most cleaners dont get it. Marketing is all about relationships.

Dont *buy* leads or blindly send out fliers. This is *HOPE* management. You spend the money, you spend the time and HOPE it works. There is no plan.

OK, relationships in mass quantity take time, so what do you do? Market to people that work with the masses! Realtors, carpet stores, etc. GO SEE THEM, build relationships and you will have all the work you can handle.

Reactions: CMSW

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Also realize you are in the Appearance business, not the cleaning business. My phone presence often convinces customers to book with me even though I'm higher priced.

You are here to Serve clients. Do that well and the money will follow.