year 2000 4.6 CDS water box stopped filling. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

year 2000 4.6 CDS water box stopped filling.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
I thought it was the pump then realised that I have good flow upto the item in the pic.
The TM ran pretty hard today, and hot and I wonder if this little gizmo is stuck open or closed.
It is whats stopping the water box from filling but I dont know what its called to order another one. Or is it serviceable.

Attachments

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
When my mix tank stopped filling, I thought the inside floating level switches went bad.

I filled the mix tank by hand with buckets of water to try to prime it work again.

I apparently ran out of water in my fresh water tank, and the small pump kept working.

So I ran a direct water line for a bit and shut off the meter. I filled up my fresh water tank and tried the small pump, turned on the chem meter and it worked. Primed itself.

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
I have that gizmo in your pic too. I have no idea what it does. I hope it works.

I check the inline water filter every now and then to see if it is clogged. But never touch that gizmo. Lol

Dust-Go

Apr 2, 2013
Real Name
Daniel Kite
That is a solenoid control valve. It opens and closes to control the water entering the mix tank. The float inside the mix tank is what triggers the opening and closing. Either your float switch is stuck or bad, your solenoid is bad, or the wiring to one or the other is bad. This is assuming that your inline filter isn't just clogged.

Sent from my Z796C using TMF Forums mobile app

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
That is a solenoid control valve. It opens and closes to control the water entering the mix tank. The float inside the mix tank is what triggers the opening and closing. Either your float switch is stuck or bad, your solenoid is bad, or the wiring to one or the other is bad. This is assuming that your inline filter isn't just clogged.

I will pull the whole thing apart and check the filter.

Dust-Go

Apr 2, 2013
Real Name
Daniel Kite
No need to pull it apart. Just check your filters first. If they are good then put a voltmeter across the two wires on the solenoid while lifting and lowering the float in your mix tank. (Do this with the machine on, but van not running.) This will let you know if it is the float switch or the solenoid. You may not even need the voltmeter, if you feel the solenoid while lifting/ lowering the float you should be able to feel and hear the solenoid working.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
It was the filter. I completely forgot where the filter was located, thought it was in line but its not is it? Took it all apart only to damage the threads for the chemical injection barbed fitting. Had to buy a new chemical injector complete just to get the fitting. So I upgraded from the 2 gal/min to 5 gal/min on the basis that my water box will fill faster so the demand pump will (hopefully) cycle on/off less frequently and for less time. Thats been an issue in the past when needing a high flow rate to the hard surface cleaner.
Thanks for the help with this.

Dust-Go

Apr 2, 2013
Real Name
Daniel Kite
Glad to hear you got it running.