Xerion Solutions

Discussion in 'VLM / OP / Encapsulation' started by RonnE, Sep 13, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. RonnE

RonnE New Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Has anyone used Xerion Solutions encapsolution? I'd like to know your thoughts..

Ronn

2. Joe cool

Joe cool Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +1,592 / 15 / -0
    Have some but Bonnetpro.com rocks beyond belief .

• Like Like x 1
  3. Scott W

Scott W Preferred Vendor
    Premium VIP

Feb 14, 2006
    Technical support Bridgepoint
    West Jordan, UT
    Ratings:
    +10,239 / 11 / -1
    Used the Xerion in my business several years ago. The results were nothing special.

My current favorite encapsulation products are the Encapuclean line.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. King777

King777 New Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I've used it before and nothing special. I use Atomic its a powder and mixes at half an ounce per gallon. Its the best one I have used. Bonnet pro also works very well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tom Forsythe

Tom Forsythe Active Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Salt lake City, UT
    Ratings:
    +342 / 2 / -0
    The question that I would ask about any powder claiming to be an encapsulate is the level of concentration. Powdered formulas are by their nature are generally limited to 10% liquid if the encapsulate liquid (am not aware of any encapsulate in powder form and I have looked) can even be absorbed into any powder. Double strength encapsulates will generally have 3 times the amount of the encapsulate raw material than can be absorbed into a powder. So in this case a liquid will be more concentrated in terms of the key ingredients than a powder. Another option is that it is not an encapsulate at all and like soap free products can be used as a pre-spray for bonnet applications. The performance may meet your cleaning needs, but will not perform the second part of encapsulation which is soil resistance requiring residue of encapsulating polymers. The article link below discusses the differences between powders and liquids.
    http://www.cleanfax.com/carpet-cleaning/liquids-versus-powders/

• Like Like x 1
  6. King777

King777 New Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It does the second part very well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cameron RDS

Cameron RDS Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +837 / 0 / -0
    Good article Tom

• Like Like x 2
  8. RonnE

RonnE New Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Where can Atomic be ordered

9. RonnE

RonnE New Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The issue that I have is that as a building service contractor I am not cleaning the carpet and then leaving for 6 months to a year. I see the carpet daily and I'm finding that the products I've used cause the carpets to resoil. Yes I've used the major brands. Yes I pre and post vacuum. Yes I mix it according to specs. Frustrated.

10. King777

King777 New Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Magicwandco.com

• Like Like x 1
  11. RonnE

RonnE New Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you..

12. Tom Forsythe

Tom Forsythe Active Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Salt lake City, UT
    Ratings:
    +342 / 2 / -0
    An observation that I have made over the years is that the balance between encapsulation and extraction has changed. Encapsulation is being used far more than extraction. I have found in my own house that I tend to delay extraction in favor of encapsulation because it is too easy. I would suggest that every time you get a new account that you start with extraction. In this way you start the new customer with residue removal. Often you should start with a soap free product as it activates and uses surfactant residues to help clean the carpet. Also if you have a building with 4 floors, you may need to extract the bottom floor twice a year where you may only need to extract the rest of the building once every 2 years. My point is that mix extraction and encapsulation so that the highest traffic areas are extracted more than the other areas. If you are able to empty the sink then you should see treated areas stay cleaner longer than untreated areas.

• Agree Agree x 1