Wow what a difference a new waste tank is!

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
Ok Todd I am not making fun, just keeping this upgrading thing going. Out with the old. Were gonna have a whole section on WOW what a difference upgrades and fixes.
I was having problems with waste tank leaking from underneath when I shut down to empty. I think I finished the tank off when I was cleaning 35 restaurants a month. I was using the crap out of some sodium hydroxide. This stuff does not mix good with aluminum. I had did several repairs to keep it going. I didnt realize you could fiberglass the bottom, but oh well I am glad I got this other one. The old one had pitted holes everywhere. I took wire nuts of varies sizes and JB water weld. clean holes and packed JB around the wire nut then tapped in each hole with hammer. It actually held for a long time.
This new to me tank was off hydramaster with 3 inch blower port. but had 2 -2" vac inlets where my blower inlet is. So I remembered Savage saying how he used 2-2" ports on blower inlet. Splitting blower inlet from 2.5 into 2 -2" hoses. I used a exhaust Y pipe for $30. I sealed original blower port off . not using it .I cant actually say it is better then it would have been doing it traditional way cause my tank was crap so anything would have been a improvement. But it did not hurt it thats for sure. I closed everything off including relief and seen what lift I could get and to see if I had everything sealed good. vac gauge hit 18 when I let off. unsealed relief, and it was at 15 with hose end sealed of course. And 12 when cleaning. 10 when wand is off carpet. with green glide. CFM sounds good to. . no way to measure. may add 10 feet of 2.5" vac line from filter later. Gonna see how it acts tomorrow with 300' hooked on. New tank is bigger as well. went from 75 to 100 gallons.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I have been considering a bigger waste tank too, mine is only 60 gallons. Keep me posted on how the performance is affected by the switch to the bigger tank.

ology

Feb 19, 2010
USA
Real Name
B R
Business Location
United States
I have been considering a bigger waste tank too, mine is only 60 gallons. Keep me posted on how the performance is affected by the switch to the bigger tank.

I would just add a pump out to your tank if you don't have one. When I went from a 60 gallon tank to a 300 gallon only noticed a performance increase on flood work.