Would You Partner Your Business with a Cleaning Franchise? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Would You Partner Your Business with a Cleaning Franchise?

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Ac

Actually we just started franchising. Not that we've been franchising for a 5 years. Our proof of concept is 5 years. This is also a cleaning company, not carpet cleaning. We charge by room, not square foot or by the hour, and it's a set price per room with a minimum of 4 rooms when a customer books an appointment.
How can we look into franchising with you?...
Are you guys registered as a "non-profit"?...

:p:D:LOL::ROFLMAO::dead:

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Well, this is capitalist America. So I'm sure that will happen. But again, all we did was take industry standards, and broke it down as cost per room. We didn't change anything drastically except to simplify the cleaning process for the customer.
What a thread. I think there was a lot of confusion as a lot of guys are thinking carpet cleaning.

Even though you are talking maid/janitorial you have to understand that in the carpet industry the $10 a room guys are the bottom feeding bait & switch guys that give our industry a bad name. These are the guys that are normally con artists and the guys you will see every so often on under cover news reports. There is one company in my area that has been a bait & switch company for 20 years. Tons of bad reviews and upset customers. Every year he changes his company name and starts the scam all over again.

I get the concept you are offering, just understand that especially on a carpet forum where most here are professionals that would never consider operating as a lowball bait & switch company your "$10 a room" concept will get a lot of negativity. I'm not saying you are operating as a bait & switch company.

Personally I feel your service would be a good match to team up with a carpet cleaning business but with the name "$10 a room" you are going to have a hard time selling your franchise to carpet cleaning businesses. You see all the confusion in just this thread alone, can you imagine the confusion it would cause my customers if I were to offer your service. The customers will see the $10 a room name and will not differentiate between maid service and carpet cleaning. It has a lot of potential to cause problems in our business.

I'm not going to tell you how to operate your business but if you want to try to sell your franchise to owners of other service companies you may want to consider a name change.

10BUCKSAROOM

Nov 18, 2016
Real Name
Aziza Hana
What a thread. I think there was a lot of confusion as a lot of guys are thinking carpet cleaning.

Even though you are talking maid/janitorial you have to understand that in the carpet industry the $10 a room guys are the bottom feeding bait & switch guys that give our industry a bad name. These are the guys that are normally con artists and the guys you will see every so often on under cover news reports. There is one company in my area that has been a bait & switch company for 20 years. Tons of bad reviews and upset customers. Every year he changes his company name and starts the scam all over again.

I get the concept you are offering, just understand that especially on a carpet forum where most here are professionals that would never consider operating as a lowball bait & switch company your "$10 a room" concept will get a lot of negativity. I'm not saying you are operating as a bait & switch company.

Personally I feel your service would be a good match to team up with a carpet cleaning business but with the name "$10 a room" you are going to have a hard time selling your franchise to carpet cleaning businesses. You see all the confusion in just this thread alone, can you imagine the confusion it would cause my customers if I were to offer your service. The customers will see the $10 a room name and will not differentiate between maid service and carpet cleaning. It has a lot of potential to cause problems in our business.

I'm not going to tell you how to operate your business but if you want to try to sell your franchise to owners of other service companies you may want to consider a name change.

This is probably the best response on this thread. I see how much frustration our company name alone causes. Thank you for your insight. We might change our name in the future, but this is what is trademarked for the time being.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Yeah I was trying to explain that to you in the beginning. Carpet cleaners hate $10 room.

Never did maid service so I really dont know what that means for that industry. I do know very few carpet cleaners will want to add this.

10BUCKSAROOM

Nov 18, 2016
Real Name
Aziza Hana
Yeah I was trying to explain that to you in the beginning. Carpet cleaners hate $10 room.

Never did maid service so I really dont know what that means for that industry. I do know very few carpet cleaners will want to add this.

Well, yeah I didn't think the focus would be on our brand name. I just wanted to see if it was something that other business owners would consider. We offer carpet cleaning but definitely not at $10 a room, we have a carpet technician for our area and he has his own price point.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike

Shane some are sensitive and fickle

We offer Maid service and house cleaning and $10/room still comes across the same as if it were for carpets

We don't advertise price as each home is different

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Well, yeah I didn't think the focus would be on our brand name. I just wanted to see if it was something that other business owners would consider. We offer carpet cleaning but definitely not at $10 a room, we have a carpet technician for our area and he has his own price point.
Many carpet cleaner will branch into janitorial or house cleaning but to purchase you're franchise ? No

To be associated with you're franchise name? no

Like said before you'll get the newbies and desperate but not established reputable professionals in my opinion

Reactions: Mike Krall

10BUCKSAROOM

Nov 18, 2016
Real Name
Aziza Hana
Many carpet cleaner will branch into janitorial or house cleaning but to purchase you're franchise ? No

To be associated with you're franchise name? no

Like said before you'll get the newbies and desperate but not established reputable professionals in my opinion
Well, we are first and foremost a professional cleaning company. It's possible that some people would want to merge their company with our brand name. At least I tested the waters and got some feedback. Always good to have.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Well, we are first and foremost a professional cleaning company. It's possible that some people would want to merge their company with our brand name. At least I tested the waters and got some feedback. Always good to have.
Last franchise I actually considered had over 1500 businesses on board how many do y'all have so far? That'll help us determine the strength of you're brand

Gregory10

May 16, 2015
Rahway NJ
www.10bucksaroom.com
Real Name
Gregory Yunginger
Business Location
United States
Aziza was just trying to get some feedback/thoughts from you guys from existing Carpet Cleaning companies,if you would consider partnering aka purchasing a Franchise whos core business is Professional Cleaning aka "Maid" service.

For those of you who are well established ,in business numerous years and doing well for yourself,sure,theres absolutely No reason to buy our Franchise or any other for that matter. But for those who are just starting out,or only in business a short time and having difficulty getting customers,we may just be a good fit!

Our "Brand" 10BucksARoom, is very catchy,attracts alot of attention wherever our service vans are,simply,sells itself,creates impulse buys.No need for wasteful advertising. Whereas,anyone else in this industry,when you first start out, will spend a Ton of money in advertising,countless hours "Beating Street" sorta speak,going door to door,handing out flyers,coupons etc and so on and so on . Takes Time to Build a Brand ! This is why our business model is ideal for those just starting out or still in the early stages of building their company.

Lastly,trying to keep this short,we are in business for 5 years,we have proved "Proof of concept". That with bare bone minimal advertising,and only ,I mean only offering "Maid" type service,with minimal up-sells,we are very profitable and busy Year round,yes,even in the Winter !

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Aziza was just trying to get some feedback/thoughts from you guys from existing Carpet Cleaning companies,if you would consider partnering aka purchasing a Franchise whos core business is Professional Cleaning aka "Maid" service.

For those of you who are well established ,in business numerous years and doing well for yourself,sure,theres absolutely No reason to buy our Franchise or any other for that matter. But for those who are just starting out,or only in business a short time and having difficulty getting customers,we may just be a good fit!

Our "Brand" 10BucksARoom, is very catchy,attracts alot of attention wherever our service vans are,simply,sells itself,creates impulse buys.No need for wasteful advertising. Whereas,anyone else in this industry,when you first start out, will spend a Ton of money in advertising,countless hours "Beating Street" sorta speak,going door to door,handing out flyers,coupons etc and so on and so on . Takes Time to Build a Brand ! This is why our business model is ideal for those just starting out or still in the early stages of building their company.

Lastly,trying to keep this short,we are in business for 5 years,we have proved "Proof of concept". That with bare bone minimal advertising,and only ,I mean only offering "Maid" type service,with minimal up-sells,we are very profitable and busy Year round,yes,even in the Winter !
How many franchises are there currently?

Gregory10

May 16, 2015
Rahway NJ
www.10bucksaroom.com
Real Name
Gregory Yunginger
Business Location
United States
Happy New Year guys ! Reason I didnt answer immediately is because I was celebrating the New Year,wasnt on the computer.

We've just begun the process of offering Franchising,it is a lengthy process in order to be able to legally sell franchises,its not like you open a business and say hey,were a franchise,its a bit involved and rather costly. So to answer your question,we havent sold any yet,we've only been able to legally advertise franchising as of a couple months ago. Were just slowly getting the word out,not being pushy,we dont believe in a hard sell .

To answer Joe @ Superior,in the beginning we did use a Bissell for Carpet cleaning,and still do at our VA location. Believe it or not,we have absolutely No Complaints,Carpets are clean,stains are removed,custys are happy. We promote this service as a light carpet cleaning,works fine for us. Our Core business is "Maid" service .

On a personal note,I joined this company 2 years ago,I wanted to to offer Carpet/Upholstery and Tile & Grout to this business on a more Professional level. I use the Cross American Jaguar 8.4 ETM, a bit more professional then a Bissell no doubt, I've learned quite a bit thanks to you guys, and I will say we are quite busy with these new services,an easy add on to the Maid Service.Once were in the door,these services are an easy upsell.

Put it to you guys this way. I guarantee our Brand will attract more potential customers than any other cleaning service,anywhere,other than the hated Franchise known as SS,and thats only because their a well known Franchise. Maid companies work on Volume, 1 of our Vans easily does a minimal of 4-8 Jobs daily. So on average,were in 6 homes daily,also pitching other services,maybe we'll sell 2 Carpet or Tile Jobs within those 6. Whereas Carpet guys do what? 2 ? 3 jobs tops per day correct ?

Maid service companies have many more residential customers compared to Carpet guys, We have repeat customers,weekly,bi-weekly,monthly.Carpet guys clean each custys home,what once every 6-12 months correct ? Also,most Carpet guys are Dead in the Winter,were not !

Nov 16, 2016
Real Name
Joe Adase
Happy New Year guys ! Reason I didnt answer immediately is because I was celebrating the New Year,wasnt on the computer.

We've just begun the process of offering Franchising,it is a lengthy process in order to be able to legally sell franchises,its not like you open a business and say hey,were a franchise,its a bit involved and rather costly. So to answer your question,we havent sold any yet,we've only been able to legally advertise franchising as of a couple months ago. Were just slowly getting the word out,not being pushy,we dont believe in a hard sell .

To answer Joe @ Superior,in the beginning we did use a Bissell for Carpet cleaning,and still do at our VA location. Believe it or not,we have absolutely No Complaints,Carpets are clean,stains are removed,custys are happy. We promote this service as a light carpet cleaning,works fine for us. Our Core business is "Maid" service .

On a personal note,I joined this company 2 years ago,I wanted to to offer Carpet/Upholstery and Tile & Grout to this business on a more Professional level. I use the Cross American Jaguar 8.4 ETM, a bit more professional then a Bissell no doubt, I've learned quite a bit thanks to you guys, and I will say we are quite busy with these new services,an easy add on to the Maid Service.Once were in the door,these services are an easy upsell.

Put it to you guys this way. I guarantee our Brand will attract more potential customers than any other cleaning service,anywhere,other than the hated Franchise known as SS,and thats only because their a well known Franchise. Maid companies work on Volume, 1 of our Vans easily does a minimal of 4-8 Jobs daily. So on average,were in 6 homes daily,also pitching other services,maybe we'll sell 2 Carpet or Tile Jobs within those 6. Whereas Carpet guys do what? 2 ? 3 jobs tops per day correct ?

Maid service companies have many more residential customers compared to Carpet guys, We have repeat customers,weekly,bi-weekly,monthly.Carpet guys clean each custys home,what once every 6-12 months correct ? Also,most Carpet guys are Dead in the Winter,were not !
I don't agree that all the stains have been removed from the carpet in the video. Maybe you ETM will serve you better. I'm not interested in buying a cleaning business but I'll give any of your central NJ Franchisees 10% for a good referral. Good luck with your future endeavors.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TMF Forums mobile app

Latest posts