Would you get the water otter or the airhog?

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
you can add a chemical injection as you put water into your fresh water tank....
but you have to have a fresh water tank regardless...
or you will overheat any of these pumps!!!!

unless they have automatic shutdown...which i dont believe they do...maybe some of the AR pumps??????

no pressure pump will last over 10-15 minutes....
wo major damage if it does not have a bypass and off loader into a fresh water tank.....
if it sets idle for this long....without triggering......

donald and those of us who have burned up 8-10 pumps over the past 20 years can testify to this.....
@Jim Davisson
If I use 60 psi demand pump to suction water and supply the 2 parallel 220 psi, I can have the chemical injection right in between the 60 and 220 psi, right?

Reagarding overheating, will these Aquatecs last just bypassing by itself without a fresh water tank? And supplied with hot tap water, not cold? Thanks.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
@Jim Davisson
If I use 60 psi demand pump to suction water and supply the 2 parallel 220 psi, I can have the chemical injection right in between the 60 and 220 psi, right?

Reagarding overheating, will these Aquatecs last just bypassing by itself without a fresh water tank? And supplied with hot tap water, not cold? Thanks.
Technically you could, but you don't need to supply them with pressure unless you are going for max output, they will suction feed fine on their own.
20190220_145010.jpg

20180830_121112.jpg

Couple different ways when you can't couple directly to the sink or washer. Your chemical injection must be adjusted depending if you suction feed or pressure feed.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Aquatecs don't require any pressure regulators or bypasses and they're good up to 170 degrees and come with viton seals. When you add up the weight difference between a 1/2 horsepower pumptec hoses, brass, regulator, etc... Compared to aquatecs at 1.5 amps, it's a no-brainer. I do a lot of tile with them using a standard tile wand just fine.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
This would be a good set up when doing ETM on just two 15 amp cord. Just use the two cords just for the vacs at least you have allowance for the length of the extension wire. Have this gas water pump so that the customer can still hear a gas machine running in the truck ( truckmount showbiz thing...hahaha) and use an inline pump out to dump at customers toilet. Fuel for heat or use demand pump to pump hot tap water from nearest sink to tank in the truck and use electric heater to boost it up.
I always auto dump out side on their grass or soil, no problem and that is the correct way. Don't dump it on the drive way asphalt.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Have you asked your city’s by law officer if its ok to do this?
My local carpet cleaning shop have asked me to do it this way which they know the law. You can also dump it in the toilet but making the washroom busy will be inconvenient also what if the hose becomes loose and drops on the floor and you not noticing this will create a mess. Also as far as I know soil has the ability to purify what is been dumped on it as long as it's not like oil, petroleum things etc. Dumping on the street is illegal because the water will harm our rain sewages where these water will go back to our lakes and rivers where we drink from.

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
My local carpet cleaning shop have asked me to do it this way which they know the law. You can also dump it in the toilet but making the washroom busy will be inconvenient also what if the hose becomes loose and drops on the floor and you not noticing this will create a mess. Also as far as I know soil has the ability to purify what is been dumped on it as long as it's not like oil, petroleum things etc. Dumping on the street is illegal because the water will harm our rain sewages where these water will go back to our lakes and rivers where we drink from.
Yes I also think this is better and more convenient than dumping to toilet. Thanks.

Reactions: Fedri