Would you get the water otter or the airhog? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Would you get the water otter or the airhog?

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
you can add a chemical injection as you put water into your fresh water tank....
but you have to have a fresh water tank regardless...
or you will overheat any of these pumps!!!!

unless they have automatic shutdown...which i dont believe they do...maybe some of the AR pumps??????

no pressure pump will last over 10-15 minutes....
wo major damage if it does not have a bypass and off loader into a fresh water tank.....
if it sets idle for this long....without triggering......

donald and those of us who have burned up 8-10 pumps over the past 20 years can testify to this.....
@Jim Davisson
If I use 60 psi demand pump to suction water and supply the 2 parallel 220 psi, I can have the chemical injection right in between the 60 and 220 psi, right?

Reagarding overheating, will these Aquatecs last just bypassing by itself without a fresh water tank? And supplied with hot tap water, not cold? Thanks.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
@Jim Davisson
If I use 60 psi demand pump to suction water and supply the 2 parallel 220 psi, I can have the chemical injection right in between the 60 and 220 psi, right?

Reagarding overheating, will these Aquatecs last just bypassing by itself without a fresh water tank? And supplied with hot tap water, not cold? Thanks.
Technically you could, but you don't need to supply them with pressure unless you are going for max output, they will suction feed fine on their own.
20190220_145010.jpg

20180830_121112.jpg

Couple different ways when you can't couple directly to the sink or washer. Your chemical injection must be adjusted depending if you suction feed or pressure feed.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Aquatecs don't require any pressure regulators or bypasses and they're good up to 170 degrees and come with viton seals. When you add up the weight difference between a 1/2 horsepower pumptec hoses, brass, regulator, etc... Compared to aquatecs at 1.5 amps, it's a no-brainer. I do a lot of tile with them using a standard tile wand just fine.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
This would be a good set up when doing ETM on just two 15 amp cord. Just use the two cords just for the vacs at least you have allowance for the length of the extension wire. Have this gas water pump so that the customer can still hear a gas machine running in the truck ( truckmount showbiz thing...hahaha) and use an inline pump out to dump at customers toilet. Fuel for heat or use demand pump to pump hot tap water from nearest sink to tank in the truck and use electric heater to boost it up.
I always auto dump out side on their grass or soil, no problem and that is the correct way. Don't dump it on the drive way asphalt.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Have you asked your city’s by law officer if its ok to do this?
My local carpet cleaning shop have asked me to do it this way which they know the law. You can also dump it in the toilet but making the washroom busy will be inconvenient also what if the hose becomes loose and drops on the floor and you not noticing this will create a mess. Also as far as I know soil has the ability to purify what is been dumped on it as long as it's not like oil, petroleum things etc. Dumping on the street is illegal because the water will harm our rain sewages where these water will go back to our lakes and rivers where we drink from.

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
My local carpet cleaning shop have asked me to do it this way which they know the law. You can also dump it in the toilet but making the washroom busy will be inconvenient also what if the hose becomes loose and drops on the floor and you not noticing this will create a mess. Also as far as I know soil has the ability to purify what is been dumped on it as long as it's not like oil, petroleum things etc. Dumping on the street is illegal because the water will harm our rain sewages where these water will go back to our lakes and rivers where we drink from.
Yes I also think this is better and more convenient than dumping to toilet. Thanks.

Reactions: Fedri

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I have the Otter and added a thermal relief and a Dwyer meter/injector.

Works great!
Any pump can have chemical injection by using an injector on the pump inlet. If your pump has 2 inlets like many pumptecs you can utilize both if you want for injection with zero restrictions and max flow when suction feeding.
Im still trying to figure out (confused) how to properly add chemical injection (rinse) to my water hog. I read all I can find and my concerns are not ruining my pump and confident I know how much rinse (solution) I am adding to my water. I have reason to believe I can improve my results by adding a rinse in my extraction.

Would you mind sharing how I can do this (in layman's terms) please?

Thank you in advance.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
bro
the absolute easiest and the one most guys use is to mix your chemical in a 1 gallon jug and pour in a few ounces in your tank while it is filling....
it should last and hour or so....as I am assuming you have auto-fill from the water connect......
thats what i use.......

Use robs nuetral rinse /slightly alcaline RSF rinse.....
you will have no problems with this....

use this as a rinse only ...and your hydraforce to prespray....

add a little more RSF if you have a trashed rental......

YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH AN ALCALINE RINSE ON YOUR PUMP.......

using an acid rinse you have to excersize caution....
I use FLEX ice in small quantities to rinse out any soap in the carpet ....but it doesnt really clean...only rinses your prespray...
Also at the end of the job run clean water/ or an alcaline rinse through the pump to rinse out any acid rinse still in the pump.....

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
bro
the absolute easiest and the one most guys use is to mix your chemical in a 1 gallon jug and pour in a few ounces in your tank while it is filling....
it should last and hour or so....as I am assuming you have auto-fill from the water connect......
thats what i use.......

Use robs nuetral rinse /slightly alcaline RSF rinse.....
you will have no problems with this....

use this as a rinse only ...and your hydraforce to prespray....

add a little more RSF if you have a trashed rental......

YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH AN ALCALINE RINSE ON YOUR PUMP.......

using an acid rinse you have to excersize caution....
I use FLEX ice in small quantities to rinse out any soap in the carpet ....but it doesnt really clean...only rinses your prespray...
Also at the end of the job run clean water/ or an alcaline rinse through the pump to rinse out any acid rinse still in the pump.....
OK thank you - something to consider.

If I do as you suggest and the rinse runs through my water hog pump and then into my diesel heater. Potential problem there?

Also, FWIW Rob in another thread suggested using the Ultimate Acid rinse for newbies. However, looking in the TMF store there is the Ultimate All Fiber rinse, the RSF alkaline, and the RSF acid rinse. What are your thoughts on this? I just like to understand what ill be doing is all. Hope you understand. Thank you for your input and suggestions. I appreciate it.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
i have run deisel heater for 14-15 years.....

best to run an alcaline rinse....RSF nuetral rinse....
as these deisel heaters are not stainless steel coils and will need an alcaline coating to keep from rusting over time.....

I run FLEX ICE acid rinse.... but the RSF acid rinse is good from what I here... just cut it in half so as not to damage pump or heater....

I only use an acid rinse on homes....
I run RSF ALCALINE rinse on most all resturants, rentals,....

it is actually easier to measure the chemical if you pour it as many if not most of these chem. injections dont work very well.....

also run an alcaline rinse at the end to coat the coils inside the heater as sometimes they sit for days wo use and over time acid will rust out the coils in that heater.......
if you do this your heater should last 10 years wo replacing the coils.......

absolutely do not run vinegar through the pump or heater.......

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I thought acid rinse is bad for the water hog pump?

And I can’t find RSF neutral rinse in store. Is that same as RSF alkaline?

And, if I do run an acid rinse assuming it’s not bad for my pump I imagine in order to finish with alkaline I would need to add alkaline rinse to the water (that may already be acid rinse) and run it through the heater. Is that right, or maybe once back home would drain the water hog and fill with just acid rinse to run through?

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
I thought acid rinse is bad for the water hog pump?

And I can’t find RSF neutral rinse in store. Is that same as RSF alkaline?

And, if I do run an acid rinse assuming it’s not bad for my pump I imagine in order to finish with alkaline I would need to add alkaline rinse to the water (that may already be acid rinse) and run it through the heater. Is that right, or maybe once back home would drain the water hog and fill with just acid rinse to run through?
Acids and high alkaline gradually deteriorate aluminum pump parts and housings.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Im still trying to figure out (confused) how to properly add chemical injection (rinse) to my water hog. I read all I can find and my concerns are not ruining my pump and confident I know how much rinse (solution) I am adding to my water. I have reason to believe I can improve my results by adding a rinse in my extraction.

Would you mind sharing how I can do this (in layman's terms) please?

Thank you in advance.
First off dilution ratios are everything here. I run flex ice 4 oz in our 55 gal freshwater tank and that's a rtu pH of 6.5 with our tap water which is a nothing burger to the TM pump or any other pump.

Adding an upstream injector with a hedpack that contains prediluted rinse won't harm your pump. If you have soft water or a softener you will not require much rinse anyway. If you are laying down foam at the end of your wand stroke in the swamp line, it's too much IMO. I like it to almost look white for a second. A small amount of rinse lubes the pump with surfactant stem to stern, not a bad thing if near neutral pH. Adding an upstream injector is super easy and can be done with top notch amenities similar to a TM for $200 if you want to go that route.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
i agree with jim
6.5 ph is barely below nuetral at 7 ph

I have used flex ice for 2-3 years and no problems...
also you really dont need very much just enough to cut the prespray......
I run about 2-4 oz per water tank after mixing it a gallon contaner.....

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Here's a great primer on injection. It can be like clockwork when it's installed right, i.e. a pump drawing from a tank filled to the same level all the time with no variation on head level.

Flow does not have to be sacrificed in or out of the pump to inject, you can improve upon how your equipment came by increasing hose diameter on the suction side of the pump. If it has 3/8" threads and 3/8" hose, upping the intake hose to 1/2" removes a bottleneck on a gravity fed pump for very little money and improves pressure side performance now that it can eat better. Pressure fed pumps will not see a gain when increasing hose diameter typically. If you take the time to setup your equipment smarter than it came to you, it's possible to get more performance from it if you want it.