Would you get the water otter or the airhog?

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
So you added the Dwyer meter into the Auto fill in an auxillary tank, right? Like this one?

Is this the only way to add chemical injection? Only when the tank is auto filling? That's why I like the Water Hog because it already has a tank and a bypass loop for the pump. I just don't like the weight and no chemical injection. I also need to inject acid rinse since my pre-spray is high PH. Thanks
No, I added a chemical injector (JE Adams model #7650) into the line coming into the pump from the fresh tank/or straight direct water hookup, then ran off the injector through the Dwyer so I could adjust the chemical flow and see it on a visual, and Installed the Dwyer on the PumpTec front plate for easy viewing.

I also did the same thing to my PumpTec 207 pump which is in my ETM, which is a smaller pump when I don't use the Cat 290 pump in the ETM. The bypass loop contains a thermal relief valve on all my pumps in my 2 truckmounts.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
get a gas pump....thats what i have....forget the electric...

easier....... been using 2 of these for a while now......
unlimited pressure and easier maintenance....imo

pm me for more details if interested
thanks for the idea anderson, here is a stupid question. does it have an exhaust ? i am assuming it does because it is running with fuel.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Any pump can have chemical injection by using an injector on the pump inlet. If your pump has 2 inlets like many pumptecs you can utilize both if you want for injection with zero restrictions and max flow when suction feeding.
jim i have installed a direct injection to my otter pump right before the input line and it didn't go well, this makes the pump work harder and after an all day work at the end of the day i saw some drips of fluid from the pump head and then i have disconnected the direct injection. currently i am testing something similar, what i am doing now is i have installed the direct injection but further down the line where right after my water softener's output, lets see if that works.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
jim i have installed a direct injection to my otter pump right before the input line and it didn't go well, this makes the pump work harder and after an all day work at the end of the day i saw some drips of fluid from the pump head and then i have disconnected the direct injection. currently i am testing something similar, what i am doing now is i have installed the direct injection but further down the line where right after my water softener's output, lets see if that works.
Sizing the injector for the way you feed pump or getting an adjustable flow model like a JE Adams #7655 that allows for pressure and suction feed is important. It is possible to starve a pump with the wrong injector and make the pump work overtime for less.

The pressure washing market has had upstream injection for a long time and it can work flawlessly when sized right.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
thanks for the idea anderson, here is a stupid question. does it have an exhaust ? i am assuming it does because it is running with fuel.
yes i have vented it with 1" plumbing pipe and a small weld at the exhaust.......
pm or email off my website if you want more info....
americantruckmounts.com

its on the pricing page at the bottom

this is a kholer engine but you can also use a predator from harbor fright....https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200641921_200641921

Reactions: Fedri

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Sizing the injector for the way you feed pump or getting an adjustable flow model like a JE Adams #7655 that allows for pressure and suction feed is important. It is possible to starve a pump with the wrong injector and make the pump work overtime for less.

The pressure washing market has had upstream injection for a long time and it can work flawlessly when sized right.
most of those soap injections are complicated and not reliable....unless you spend 300-500$ for a pulse pump injection system....for TM mainly

some have decided to just mix the soap in your water tank before cleaning or as you clean!!!!!

it works great it is just difficult to switch from alcaline to acid rinse......

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat

hmmm that makes sense, this is what exactly what i have

i will search for JE Adams #7655

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
most of those soap injections are complicated and not reliable....unless you spend 300-500$ for a pulse pump injection system....for TM mainly

some have decided to just mix the soap in your water tank before cleaning or as you clean!!!!!

yes that is what i am using currently, i have a small 3 gallons bucket and i have dema chemical auto fill that i use.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States

My brother likes to add chems directly to his 55 gallon tank, he uses less chems doing it that way.

hmmm that makes sense, this is what exactly what i have

i will search for JE Adams #7655
That looks exactly like a #7655. I have 2 Adams #7655's I've used for 20+ years and just added another one on my current everyday portable, they are very reliable and accurate in my experience. If I can help you out, let me know.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
My brother likes to add chems directly to his 55 gallon tank, he uses less chems doing it that way.

That looks exactly like a #7655. I have 2 Adams #7655's I've used for 20+ years and just added another one on my current everyday portable, they are very reliable and accurate in my experience. If I can help you out, let me know.
Thanks, let me try this again in another way, if it doesn't work I will bug you again

Reactions: PistolPete

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
on your fresh water tank just add a little extra soap or acid rinse....it should last around 2 hours......

if i am doing a resturant i clean the heaviest first since there will be a little more alcaline rinse....and then it is lower after 1-2 hours........
same with a house for acid rinse.....

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
agree but unwinding 200-300' of pressure hose is really easy and lite weight if you get the right hose(cobb hose)

i can literally unwind 250' of hose in 1 minute or less......
easier to hook up outside water......

you can still use your portable with a gas pump and not have to use an extra extension cord.......

youu can also just add soap to your water tank......

however i do understand cold winters......
This would be a good set up when doing ETM on just two 15 amp cord. Just use the two cords just for the vacs at least you have allowance for the length of the extension wire. Have this gas water pump so that the customer can still hear a gas machine running in the truck ( truckmount showbiz thing...hahaha) and use an inline pump out to dump at customers toilet. Fuel for heat or use demand pump to pump hot tap water from nearest sink to tank in the truck and use electric heater to boost it up.

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
No, I added a chemical injector (JE Adams model #7650) into the line coming into the pump from the fresh tank/or straight direct water hookup, then ran off the injector through the Dwyer so I could adjust the chemical flow and see it on a visual, and Installed the Dwyer on the PumpTec front plate for easy viewing.

I also did the same thing to my PumpTec 207 pump which is in my ETM, which is a smaller pump when I don't use the Cat 290 pump in the ETM. The bypass loop contains a thermal relief valve on all my pumps in my 2 truckmounts.
Ok got it. The injector can be added on the suction side regardless of using a tank or not. This is good since I don’t need the tank to achieve chemical injection. I suggested to Donald of Steambrite last year a 1/2 HP version of the water otter that I find on another site after doing research on a lighter alternative to the 1.5HP. He added it to his site and is selling it right now for $800. It is convenient to carry with the handle same as the 1.5 HP water otter.

Im setting up for a tankless truckmount. Why do I need to carry all those excess water weight from the fresh water tank and waste tank? I can use the customer’s hot water tank to provide pre heating and an electric heater will boost it up.

The only problem with pumptec is it is only rated for 140 deg C. So if you use hot tap water and don’t have tank to circulate it, the pump is going to get so hot and the thermal relief valve may be open all the time.

@Jim Davisson

Jim,

If you are to make a stand alone pump that you bring into customer’s home and connect to hot water, which one would you choose?

1.) Pumptec 1/2HP - good flow and pressure but takes only 140 deg C so it needs thermal relief or
2.) 2 parallel 220 psi Aquatec pumps - good flow but not very good pressure but can take up to 170 deg C so don’t need thermal relief

Anybody can chip in as well. Thanks for your input.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
The parallel pump setup is a winner, you couldn't give me a pumptec. Plumbed with 1/2" hose intake side and an injector on just one pump, it's hard to beat in every category.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
you can add a chemical injection as you put water into your fresh water tank....
but you have to have a fresh water tank regardless...
or you will overheat any of these pumps!!!!

unless they have automatic shutdown...which i dont believe they do...maybe some of the AR pumps??????

no pressure pump will last over 10-15 minutes....
wo major damage if it does not have a bypass and off loader into a fresh water tank.....
if it sets idle for this long....without triggering......

donald and those of us who have burned up 8-10 pumps over the past 20 years can testify to this.....

Last edited:

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Works great 29.99 at lowes or home depot. Will handle 150 pounds. 59.99 gets you the 300 pound fold up dolly like I have.
646072737774.jpg
646072737774.jpg

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
do yopu have a pic with your equiipment tied on???
something like that might be good for apts...???
if you couold get most of it on 1 cart????
I will try and take a pic. What's nice, is the bottom shelf is big!!! Real big!!
When you pull the bottom shelf up, the wheels swing in flat!! So it literally only is inches wide.
I love mine so far. Small compact and light weight!