Would you get the water otter or the airhog?

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Why would you get the one over the other?

My set up is a Nautilus Extreme with 500 psi, excellent vacs. Would like the extra psi the water otter or water hog has to offer.

I run out of my van.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Recheck the bypass on the water otter...
Don't think it bypasses and will burn up in 5 minutes uf not in use

Believe the water hog has a bypass.....

Or i may have them backwards....
The one from mytee has the bypass???

Reactions: Ed Cruz

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
The water otter has a bypass regulator with a short hose which recirculates back to the pump inlet.
It is short so it wouldn't take long to heat up if allowed to idle too long.
However you could easily bypass to a fresh water tank or waste tank by adding some hose and blocking the return inlet.
I like my water otter. :)

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Water hog... Its nice to have that buffer tank and the ability to add chem. My otter did a few times before hammer the hell out of customers plumbing. I dont know why. I used short laundry machine hose about 4'. But when i used 50' hose it didnt do it. None the less the pump will run cooler if you say put the wand down to scrub a area. The otter has no thermal relief (you can add it) to release heated water. But with the tank it can continually bypass bringing in cooler water.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Water hog... Its nice to have that buffer tank and the ability to add chem. My otter did a few times before hammer the hell out of customers plumbing. I dont know why. I used short laundry machine hose about 4'. But when i used 50' hose it didnt do it. None the less the pump will run cooler if you say put the wand down to scrub a area. The otter has no thermal relief (you can add it) to release heated water. But with the tank it can continually bypass bringing in cooler water.
Great post.

Reactions: keep it clean

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
@John LaBarbera

I had a chat with a Mytee rep yesterday inquiring if they can modify the Water Hog that instead of using the 1 1/2Hp motor, they use a 1/2Hp motor and also add chemical injection. The answer is NO. They don't modify the equipment they're offering. I find it odd not to offer customers option. I have the water otter that I was using last winter for my winter set-up and it was not fun lugging 50lbs to the 2nd floor of a 2 storey house to connect to the shower. I don't pressure feed using the faucet as the faucet stem is not designed to hold pressure so it is prone to leak. The 1/2 Hp is manageable coz its 1/2 the weight. The 1 1/2 Hp is also an overkill since I don't do tile and grout. I like the tank since it provides a bypass loop and keeps the pump colder. The chemical injection is also a must since I use high Ph pre-spray.

Does anybody here know of a company who can do this modification? I just don't understand why Mytee won't.

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
@John LaBarbera

I had a chat with a Mytee rep yesterday inquiring if they can modify the Water Hog that instead of using the 1 1/2Hp motor, they use a 1/2Hp motor and also add chemical injection. The answer is NO. They don't modify the equipment they're offering. I find it odd not to offer customers option. I have the water otter that I was using last winter for my winter set-up and it was not fun lugging 50lbs to the 2nd floor of a 2 storey house to connect to the shower. I don't pressure feed using the faucet as the faucet stem is not designed to hold pressure so it is prone to leak. The 1/2 Hp is manageable coz its 1/2 the weight. The 1 1/2 Hp is also an overkill since I don't do tile and grout. I like the tank since it provides a bypass loop and keeps the pump colder. The chemical injection is also a must since I use high Ph pre-spray.

Does anybody here know of a company who can do this modification? I just don't understand why Mytee won't.
What the weight difference between a 500 psi pump and a 1200?

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
@John LaBarbera

Simple is my game now. I got both 1005dx and LX on the way, these machines are great and very compact for high rises with a mytee tray that you can carry all in one shot. For homes I leave it in the van strong enough for long hose runs. Simple.