Would like to try Encap out on an upcoming job.

beau

Jun 5, 2015
BC, Canada
Real Name
Beau Phipps
Business Location
Canada
So A local janitorial company has gotten ahold of me for a carpet cleaning at one of the government buildings they clean. Its 10,000Sq/f of carpet.

About half the actual surface is covered in a maze of office units and cabinets, I don't move anything at all, and simply clean around all furniture/cabinets. But due to lay out It looks like a bit of a pain in the ass to HWE the whole thing(Long hose runs from the access points of the building) The carpets were replaced one year ago and are honestly in good shape minus a few high traffic areas. Was thinking id HWE the few dirtier spots than look into encap/bonnet cleaning the rest due to how little soil is present. (Some of it looks brand new still)

Problem is Ive never done much encapsulating work, Ive done the odd spray and bonnet pad on a residential room but that's about it.

I have a oreck 12 inch machine, but I have access to a 17inch American sanders 175(100lb machine) as well, plus a couple pump up sprayers. Just wondering if either of these would be acceptable for the job, and if so what kind of setup would you recommend? Theres not much Commercial work in the Area so its hard to justify dumping a bunch of bucks on a larger machine. I have a Friend who i occasional hire to help when i need a hand, so itll be a two man job.

Thanks for the help guys.

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
If you had a carpet brush for your 175 it would probably get the job done fairly well. Just make sure to do the best pre vac you possibly can. A better tool would be a crb so if you could justify one of those for your daily business it would definitely be worth the cost to get this job done. I do roughly 1000 sq.ft. every other week with a pump up and crb and it comes out great. Just make sure to put down enough encap and spray it down evenly.

beau

Jun 5, 2015
BC, Canada
Real Name
Beau Phipps
Business Location
Canada
Yea hard to justify the CRB right now. Most of my Commercial contracts are restaurants where I always HWE. If i get a few more contracts going like this ill get one.

So youd recomend a brush over a pad on the 175? Are there any Pads that world work well as well? Have a pad Holder but would need to buy a brush otherwise.

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
Possibly a champagne pad? I believe thats what is used on the Cimex for encapsulation.