Worx Sprayer Review | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Worx Sprayer Review

B14

Aug 26, 2014
investincleanfloors.com
Real Name
Bry
I've had my Worx sprayer for two weeks now and here is what I think in a pro controller format.
Pros: - two different pressure setting with the high setting really putting out pressure. I prefer the low setting.
-can set the 15 foot hose in a 5 gallons jug in the middle of a room and spray the whole room without moving jug
- bridges gap between hydroforce and backpack sprayer. Never like the hydroforce myself and the back pack was so slow. This fills in the blank of what is needed. The accurate mixture of a backpack with the speed in a sprayer.
- spray tip comes with different angles of spray. I prefer the largest area of spray.
- good price point at 120-130

Cons: - battery only last about 15-20 gallons or about 3 full jobs and maybe 4 if you have some small ones. I always go about a gallon per room so say 15-20 rooms
- if you use a powder with peroxide in it, you have to remove the mesh filter in the hose. The peroxide will attack the filter thus starving the sprayer from liquid.

Tips: it takes a minute to prime the sprayer which can eat precious battery life. If you hold the trigger down a few seconds then let it sit a min, the water seems to Venturi effect itself to the sprayer.
Hope this helps
How do you heat your water? Or do you just use cold water mixtures?

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
How do you heat your water? Or do you just use cold water mixtures?
I usually use either the hottest tap water i can find or at the end of every job I use attach a hose and fill a five gallon jug off from my Truckmount. Cools the water down in the Truckmount while giving me hot water for the next job. I let it cool down on the way to the next job so it isn't crazy hot though.

Grn Steamer

Dec 5, 2014
Real Name
Matt R
I'd love a better sprayer option. Do you mind if I ask what ph spray are you guys using and how long have you been using the worx? Maybe if you put a check valve in there towards the bucket or a shut off valve you could keep it primed all the time? Even when out of the bucket.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
I'd love a better sprayer option. Do you mind if I ask what ph spray are you guys using and how long have you been using the worx? Maybe if you put a check valve in there towards the bucket or a shut off valve you could keep it primed all the time? Even when out of the bucket.
I'm using high pH prespray 12-13 on some job and 10 to 11 as my normal. Only thing in avoiding putting through my sprayer is d-lime. Just bc I know that stuff can kill seals.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
The IPS Sprayer is now improved and handles all types of heat and chemicals. I thought about selling them but I have to buy a 100. That's a hefty investment but I do love my IPS's. Maybe I'll order a Worx and do a compete comparison.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I bought one of the early IPS sprayers and it lasted about 2 months.
I respect that. Mine has lasted for 6 months since I got it. But I did upgrade the seals.

rccva

Jan 31, 2015
www.robertscarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Robert Webb
Business Location
United States
The IPS has worked great for us, I bought the new seals but havent installed them yet, waiting for a problem which there hasn't been. We were losing prime occasionally but using the weighted filter fixed that.

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
My IPS stopped priming even after upgrading the seals, spray is weak anyways.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
The IPS Sprayer is now improved and handles all types of heat and chemicals. I thought about selling them but I have to buy a 100. That's a hefty investment but I do love my IPS's. Maybe I'll order a Worx and do a compete comparison.
Well at least with the Worx it's a cheap thing to pick up for comparison

Jimmy L

Apr 16, 2012
Ne
Real Name
Jimmy Ladigwag
Business Location
United States
Worx is only to be used with water. Good luck using chems thru it.

That Hudson 4 gal back pack sprayer is heavy , had one didn't spray out enough for me before it broke.

Reactions: Allied

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Worx is only to be used with water. Good luck using chems thru it.

That Hudson 4 gal back pack sprayer is heavy , had one didn't spray out enough for me before it broke.
Time will tell.

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
So how has the Worx sprayer held for those who have used it for a while?

Reactions: Swani21