Worst this year.... So far!

Paul Brown

Aug 18, 2008
Santa Rosa CA
Real Name
Paul Brown
Business Location
United States
One of my good friends, an amazing painter and musical instrument repairman on short notice had to move. His wife has kidney failure and has been going through dialysis. He's extremely busy with his repair and paint shop being self employed so could I come and clean the carpets after they moved? " yes". That's where the fun began.... I didn't go to see the job and I figured it might be a small battle, but I wasn't quite ready for what I encountered. The pictures will tell the story. With the wife in bed most of the time and him busy all the time trying to pay the bills the pets had a field day. One of their elderly cats peed on the tile at the front door and it ran onto the carpets at the entrance. They had a bunny loose downstairs inside for about a year. I cut through the crust with a rubberized pad on the Trinity after about 45 minutes of workout with the Kirby. Next I ran the Mytee DualGlide with cotton/poly stripe bonnets ... It was starting to look a whole lot better... Then I hooked up the TRex, turned on the Lg heater, ran a hose to the hot water valve behind the washer to feed 145 degree water to my Waterhog pump, broke out the Airhog and Devastator, turned on the Savage and rinsed the carpets clean with super hot water and lots of steam.
The pics should tell the story. 9.5 hours for 1100 sf. Tear out time really, but funds are tight for these dear friends right now.

The old Kirby in one of the pics on the entry tile with my friends leg is an old beauty….Not sure if it still runs…obviously hasn't been used lately.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

Paul Brown

Aug 18, 2008
Santa Rosa CA
Real Name
Paul Brown
Business Location
United States
Thanks, they responded amazingly well... I'm just glad they weren't olefin! The Trinity cutting through the crud at the front entrance shows the real power of that scrubber! I used the wand after the TRex vac only to pull the lady bit of moisture I could make let go... Took the glide off for that.

Last edited:

Paul Brown

Aug 18, 2008
Santa Rosa CA
Real Name
Paul Brown
Business Location
United States
The upstairs was a repeat of the living room, crusty traffic lanes and lotsa spots.. Surround spotter from BonnetPro took out some toner ink stains really well on the upstairs landing.

Last edited:

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Mr.Brown,
Showed these pictures to my family and the response was WOW !
WOW ! I told them that reading your posts is like getting a college education in carpet cleaning ! You get your rubberized pads from where ? Would be curious to know what chemicals you used and the amounts too. Thank you for posting sir !
All the Best, Ed

Paul Brown

Aug 18, 2008
Santa Rosa CA
Real Name
Paul Brown
Business Location
United States
Mr.Brown,
Showed these pictures to my family and the response was WOW !
WOW ! I told them that reading your posts is like getting a college education in carpet cleaning ! You get your rubberized pads from where ? Would be curious to know what chemicals you used and the amounts too. Thank you for posting sir !
All the Best, Ed
I used BonnetPro reviv-it at 8 oz gallon with the Trinity, a mix of Revive-it and Organic Compound's new peroxide enhanced prespray in the Wave shampoo tank on the Mytee DualGlide Rotary, that somehow got left out in my picture taking.
I used the BonnetPro all cotton pads trying to soak up all the loosened soils and got the rotary pretty warm. That's when I thought finishing with the Truckmount and TRex was a great idea. The fiber pads used with the Trinity were from BonnetPro, they wear very well.

I used Bonnetpro's Woolply bonnets last week as the final step to remove any film and moisture from a commercial bathroom tile cleaning job in a big facility….two restrooms with shower area 12' by 72' long. The all cotton pads I recommend to run at 175 rpm, spinning them at 300 is hard work for a 1.5 hp motor, unless you have a slippery cleaning solution like Argosheen.

Paul Brown

Aug 18, 2008
Santa Rosa CA
Real Name
Paul Brown
Business Location
United States
Reflecting on this job, utilizing the TRex first and post Op with the Trinity probably would have gotten me the same results a lot faster. In the pictures with the TRex there's a difference in color between the carpet just cleaned and that I'm powering into that had been Op'd.