Worst Filtration Ever. What would you use?

EverythingFlooring

Mar 28, 2014
Working on an estimate; 38,000sq ft...Olefin wall carpet, had the worst filtration I've ever seen. You could see every drywall seam, and where air gets through carpet. I know how it looks in the pics, but None of this is water damage.
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1418949397.571970.jpg
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1418949414.619753.jpg
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1418949432.352192.jpg
What product would you use?

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
It's a food trucking company, forklifts running all day downstairs...I couldn't imagine breathing that stuff all day.

So its fuel based. I would use a regular olefin cleaner boosted maybe with citrus. Maybe even shave some fels bars into it because that knocks oily filtration lines right out. How though will you clean this is my question? 38000 sq ft with a stair tool? Might have to do some scrubbing of those dark lines also.

I would also inform them that fork lifts also come in electric form. In 2 years it will be back to the same if they keep it up.

Imagine breathing those fumes all day!

EverythingFlooring

Mar 28, 2014
So its fuel based. I would use a regular olefin cleaner boosted maybe with citrus. Maybe even shave some fels bars into it because that knocks oily filtration lines right out. How though will you clean this is my question? 38000 sq ft with a stair tool? Might have to do some scrubbing of those dark lines also.

I would also inform them that fork lifts also come in electric form. In 2 years it will be back to the same if they keep it up.

Imagine breathing those fumes all day!

With a Hydramaster 4.8 CDS 100-200 ft of hose

I was going to try 3 different wands on it...
That's the reason for the test cleaning to get an idea of results, and production times.

Then give them a price after that.

Reactions: emeraldclean

davenjai

Dec 16, 2009
Peachtree City, GA
Real Name
David Tassa
Business Location
United States
When the wall seems grow "dirt", quit your friggin job! Degreaser of some form. Fels rocks. That said, you need to be super leery of electricity. While I doubt it will jump to the actual tool holder, they could have minor system failure if there is outlet or switch panels to clean around.

Reactions: EverythingFlooring

EverythingFlooring

Mar 28, 2014
Probably be cheaper to replace the carpet and put a different wall covering on it. It will be interesting to see if you can come away from it making any money and with a good result.
Funny,That's what I suggested. They're looking at making contractor that put it in come back, but the way they acted I get the impression that guy was sketchy.

I work alone, if I get it I'll make money...never been one to leave money on the table.