Won't run | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Won't run

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
So I was busy doing a tile job and my Blue Line shuts down i go out the door and I see smoke blowing from the engine anyway I believe I filled up the waste tank and that caused it to shut down but why the heck can't I get it to run now ?

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Make sure the float is down and not stuck up in the waste tank.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Make sure the float is clean and able to move easily up and down.

earl804

May 16, 2014
York PA
www.susclean.com
Real Name
alex c
Business Location
United States
was it smoke or water vapor? smoke like burning oil may mean catastrophic engine failure.

check your oil level is it low? if so its an indication motor was burnign a lot through a broken valve, rings etc.

If it was water vapor probably will start after it cools down. (ie. just hard starting after hot?)

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
I opened the waste lid and I couldn't find a float still won't start

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
It has to have a shutoff in the tank somewhere. Look for wires coming off the tank closer to the top. Should be hooked pretty close to that

Hawkins

Oct 15, 2011
Washington
Real Name
Matt Hawkins
Business Location
United States
Some times this happens to my blue line as well. The float does get stuck in the up position at times. I usually rock my van side to side a few times and then try starting it again. Works every time for me but that's not to say you have something else wrong.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
The float valve still doesn't tell us where the smoke is coming from.

Or is it steam coming out of the exhaust? Does the engine and blower's exhaust come out the same pipe, or are they two different pipes.

It will help us help you decipher what the problem is if you can tell us if it's smoke or steam: and if it's smoke, where is it coming from?

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
The float valve was stuck. I think the smoke came from water hitting the machine

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
The float valve was stuck. I think the smoke came from water hitting the machine
It's passing through the blower. The dirty water hitting the hot blower causes what appears to be steam. WD 40 the blower ASAP and them clean debris from around the float valve

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
It's passing through the blower. The dirty water hitting the hot blower causes what appears to be steam. WD 40 the blower ASAP and them clean debris from around the float valve
Rob I did that and it works now, can you do me a big favor and answer some of my questions on the thread a "few concerns"

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Rob I did that and it works now, can you do me a big favor and answer some of my questions on the thread a "few concerns"
Can you link me to the thread?