wondering what you cleaners on the east coast charge. We are out here in California. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

wondering what you cleaners on the east coast charge. We are out here in California.

mikew

Sep 1, 2010
California
www.trustcarpets.com
Real Name
Mike
Business Location
United States
Out here we get these prices
CARPET.30-.50
TILE.75-.95 (clean only)
TILE 1.15-1.25 (clean & seal)
Upholstery $15

Was just wondering what the difference is across the states.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
1.00 ft for tile
Carpet average .35 ft
I guess it would really more depend where guys are working. If near cities and suburbs then prices will be higher then those living further in the country areas.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
According to benchmark reports, our area (southeastern US) tends to be record low in most categories as far as our pricing.

If I see one more guy putting up "3 rooms for $59" signs, I'm going to yank them out of the ground and beat him over the head with them. My guys MURDER each other's business with price drops, and it's a game where everyone invariably finishes last.

Reactions: JustSomeDude

Clean Right

Jan 8, 2018
Real Name
Glen Steinheimer
I'm new to this forum
We clean rental evictions and the guy that cleaned carpet for us always had a portable that would break down
so we decided to buy a truckmount. Carpet cleaners in Riverside county are charging $20 dollars a room so I called one.
He didn't vacuum, he presprayed and rinsed with hot water no chemical rinse. How do you inform potential customers
of these guys without looking like you are bad mouthing them?

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Lol there are dudes that swing the wand in the air misting down the carpet. Then extracting. Theres all sorts if characters out there. If dudes machine kept breaking down thats no good. Portables truckmounts no matter. Both need to be kept up on. Or they will both fail. Making him or you look bad. As far as customers. Most hiring them are price shoppers. The rest just plain dont know. You have to show them up. Stanley stinker for instance told our customer they needed new carpet. Year old carpet i might add. I put it in. Because he couldnt get the spot out. He suggested replacement. We were installing the upstairs. I said if i get that out right now free of charge. Hire me to do your cleaning from now on. He said deal. I got it out with dish soap lol. So now i clean their carpets and tile twice a year. Because ss didnt put forth the effort. Show them up. Show the customer why you are better. But you got to have your spidey sense on to weed out the cheapo’s.

Reactions: Rory henderson

Adam Valencia

Dec 23, 2016
Real Name
Adam V.
I'm new to this forum
We clean rental evictions and the guy that cleaned carpet for us always had a portable that would break down
so we decided to buy a truckmount. Carpet cleaners in Riverside county are charging $20 dollars a room so I called one.
He didn't vacuum, he presprayed and rinsed with hot water no chemical rinse. How do you inform potential customers
of these guys without looking like you are bad mouthing them?
Was he using TM equipment? If so, how do you know if he used a rinsing agent or not? I do my best to educate the consumer while I am providing the service. If they say they had previous carpet cleaning services but the tech failed to vacuum first, I let them know that dry particulate soil extraction accounts for about 74% of the carpet cleaning pie and that it is very important in the order of carpet cleaning.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
I base my prices on size and condition. A 200sqft room with heavy soil is $75. Light to medium soil $50-60. Pet treatment is more.

But basically i don't have a set price...if it requires more effort...i simply charge more. I aim for $125-150 per hour.