Woman forced to live with squatter in her Detroit home. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Woman forced to live with squatter in her Detroit home.

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
This is nuts!

Heidi Peterson could not believe what was in her Detroit home when she returned after being away for a year.
A woman named Missionary-Tracey Elaine Blair was living there.
Blair refuses to leave the home, and Peterson doesn't have the means go elsewhere.
In a bizarre twist involving legal issues, both women are living in the same house: owner and alleged squatter.
Read more here:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/woman-forced-live-squatter-detroit-home-170128148.html

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
I would burn my own house down before I'd let some hobo claim it!!

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Obviously the squatter has mental problems. She's a nut job. If you think this is bad you should hear what one of my landlord clients had happen to him. Some fictitious company went and made some type of changes at the county courehouse to deeds of several of his properties AND THEN PROCEEDED TO SELL THEM!!! They got away with it free and clear and this good man has not gotten any legal remedy to recoup his losses of several houses. The law is screwy sometimes.

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
The squatter is not mentally disabled. She's smart on the law and a complete waste of human life.

I would pull her out by her hair into the street and kick her in the butt. Change MY locks and sit on the front porch with a baseball bat.

Joseph Rogers

Premium VIP
Dec 9, 2010
VA
Real Name
Jim Bob
Business Location
United States
That's somewhere between hilarious and disturbing. She has an excellent understanding of Real Estate Law. I think I'm with Torrey on this one, but she'd honestly be able to call the cops and press charges.

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
That's somewhere between hilarious and disturbing. She has an excellent understanding of Real Estate Law. I think I'm with Torrey on this one, but she'd honestly be able to call the cops and press charges.
Not if there's no witnesses and she can barely speak... And in another state when she wakes up..

AvidCare

Sep 25, 2011
Kansas
Real Name
Patrick McAnulla
Business Location
United States
I find this very offensive that the Government needs to make money off of people trying to get an obvious squater off the property. If the lady is gone to the store. Change the locks and throw her -it out! Police wont do anything cuz their cheifs are _ussies and wont Back them Up on Descisions in the field! This discusts me! A mechanics lein doesn't give anyone rights to live on a property that is not theirs anyway. Chicago or wherever this is needs some judges that will do their jobs and not be Pu__ies!

bojangles

May 21, 2012
payson, az
Real Name
brian m
lol...

my old roomate was a cop, and he told me that in AZ if you tell someone 3 times to get out of your house, and they don't, you can legally shoot them dead. ???, not sure, but i wouldn't be found in someone's home in these parts, i can tell you that.

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
I would make her life so miserable there she would have to leave.
Me and Ross were talking about if we could contact the lady that we would offer a day of free "remodeling" to help her out..

Changing door locks.
Securing windows
Moving out "trash"
And volunteering security for the day..

Reactions: bojangles

Richard Baldwin

Premium VIP
Sep 5, 2008
Ontario
www.expertcarpet-care.com
Real Name
Richard Baldwin
Seriously there is a problem with the Detroit Police. Do you think they would act the same way if it was the Mayor's house that called about a hobo breaking in, tresspassing and refusing to leave?

In my area you can't even cut through someone's back yard without getting arrested.

davenjai

Dec 16, 2009
Peachtree City, GA
Real Name
David Tassa
Business Location
United States
Squatting has been around forever. If you stay somewhere long enough and not forced to leave, you now have rights to it. While I do not have to worry about that here, in many liberal cities it is law. This woman should have had someone go by the house on a regular basis and upon finding the squatter, had her tossed.