Witness the new TMF Boss filter devastate the competition! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Witness the new TMF Boss filter devastate the competition!

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
I'll never understand why you people are so determined to filter your dirty water coming in the tank when you should filter it while you're draining the tank. Those fine meshed metal and cloth paint filters are catching every fine piece of material and it will kill your suction so fast. I've used 3 different types of inline filters and after I wasted money on those things, I realized that the basket filter has holes big enough to catch the bulk of the junk and let the sand go through it, which helps keep the lift and CFM strong.

True, that basket filter in Rob's video is crap, and it needs updated, but the basket filter setup that's on the Everest should be on every TruckMount.

Reactions: Joe cool

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Since you've been testing it for a year...on your average 2-3hr job with neglected carpet...how long does it take before it fills up with sand and kills your suction?
We run 2 on 2 trucks and typically swap a bag after each dirty or large job, or after 2-3 small stops

We crb a lot though so all that shed gets pulled in there after we vac the catch trays

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I'll never understand why you people are so determined to filter your dirty water coming in the tank when you should filter it while you're draining the tank. Those fine meshed metal and cloth paint filters are catching every fine piece of material and it will kill your suction so fast. I've used 3 different types of inline filters and after I wasted money on those things, I realized that the basket filter has holes big enough to catch the bulk of the junk and let the sand go through it, which helps keep the lift and CFM strong.

True, that basket filter in Rob's video is crap, and it needs updated, but the basket filter setup that's on the Everest should be on every TruckMount.
We clean our waste tank 1x per year, it stays really clean.

The paint strainers are really cheap so its just SOP to swap them every morning and after a larger job

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Possibly the baddest Truckmount filter ever!

•1/8 thick alu tubing
•Lid 3/16 th marine alum
•Double strength epdm rubb gaskets
•Durable HD knobs
•No hardware holes body
•Zero turbulence
•Zero air leaks
•Below body ports no pooling
•Welded back no leaks
•Reinforced tack welds
•Handle perfectly tilts unit
•Handle welded lid
•Built like waste tank
•Much stronger
•Yet lighter or same weight

Available in 2.5" to Two 2" and Two 2" to 2"

Kind of funny you be saying that the current pre filters lose lift when full of debris. But if water leaks out of them when the vacuums are off. That is a tal tell indicator that you have a air leak in the vacuums system.

When there is leaking of water from a inline pre filter, with vacs off is a good indicator that you lose lift the moment you connect the other pre filters in line to your vac hoses, why wait for it to get some debris before you say you lose lift depending on the amount of debris you get?

Last edited:

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
If you have a pin hole sized tube that connects to a large drum and turn on a vacuum to suck the air out of the large drum through a pin hole sized tube, you will always reach the max lift that the vacuum is rated for no matter the size of hole.
The bigger the hole, the more air flow you will have and the bigger the hole, the faster you will reach max lift of the rated vacuum you are using.

Only a leak in a vacuum system will prevent you from reaching the vacuums rated max lift.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
We clean our waste tank 1x per year, it stays really clean.

The paint strainers are really cheap so its just SOP to swap them every morning and after a larger job
I clean my waste tank 1-2 times/ week and only clean my Everest's basket out at the end of the day.

I just think that having to replace the paint filter after each job is a step that's not needed, and it does cost money per box. My frustration I had on the bad jobs when the filter would fill up and kill my suction halfway through the job caused me to throw them away.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

“You people”?? You racist.

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
Since you've been testing it for a year...on your average 2-3hr job with neglected carpet...how long does it take before it fills up with sand and kills your suction?
I had to go check as Ive haven't thought about it on this one before.
You make a good point, that is also a yuuge problem I've encountered before too, but not with this one!
This has never been sprayed out or cleaned, i just stuck my finger in the reservoir and nothing is there, no sand etc.

Where do you dump?

Attachments

• filter.png
    filter.png
    390.5 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Reactions: matt30577

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
I personally fell any extra inline filter is a waste of money , time and lose of vacuum .
I'm very happy with the Everest pull out basket on the side .
It's way faster, easier, and less stinky to switch out a filter bag on an external than on an internal/in waste tank filter. Also if getting this at 4 to the door set up you will double your allocation of vac watts/cfm. I can fill up an in waste tank filter in a half of a job, with this we can usually go all day with out getting the filter full and loosing suction. So would you rather unclog your filter 10 times a day or 1 time a day. If your not filling your waste tank filter up that fast then your shooting most of the hair/sand etc where ever you dump which is not good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clean-n-mean

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
^^^^^^^
The only filter I would have besides the pre water one that feeds the Everest would be a drain dump filter, a slide out would be ideal so no extra time is wasted fiddling with that thing .

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
This filter is a game changer. Kacey at Reliabuilt TM knocked it out of the park.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Not sure rob, what is the CFM loss when the filter is installed clean?? I will re read the post....

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
It's way faster, easier, and less stinky to switch out a filter bag on an external than on an internal/in waste tank filter. Also if getting this at 4 to the door set up you will double your allocation of vac watts/cfm. I can fill up an in waste tank filter in a half of a job, with this we can usually go all day with out getting the filter full and loosing suction. So would you rather unclog your filter 10 times a day or 1 time a day. If your not filling your waste tank filter up that fast then your shooting most of the hair/sand etc where ever you dump which is not good.
You cannot double your CFM by using ANY type filter.

I am still using the pool filters, stainless steel basket, and knee-high daily with no problems whatsoever! Vacuum is strong even when dual wanding (2 pool filters). I have the BIG Devestator, the Joe Bristle special, and 4 pool filters - 2 in each van, but I use the pool filters.

I am also cleaning all day with this APO. We have not had to stop and empty a recovery tank in over 15 years of cleaning all day long!

I call that high production!

Last edited:

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

I am still using the pool filters, stainless steel basket, and knee-high daily with no problems whatsoever! Vacuum is strong even when dual wanding (2 pool filters). I have the BIG Devestator, the Joe Bristle special, and 4 pool filters - 2 in each van, but I use the pool filters.

I am also cleaning all day with this APO. We have not had to stop and empty a recovery tank in over 15 years of cleaning all day long!

Joe Bristle haha. Only heard Joe Blister before.

Ok what your missing is the other filters do not “retain” lift, cfm or air flow through out jobs. This is due to turbulence, clogged filters and pooling. Unless you have used lift and cfm meters like we did one would not notice it.

Reactions: ACP and Bob Savage

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King

I was saying because of the 4 to the door set up, so instead of having one 2" hose to wand you do 2 2" hose to filter which will double suction space from filter to waste tank.
I found the knee highs only hold about half what a 5 gallon paint strainer which makes you empty them more often.

What APO are you using that can pull even with the tm on?

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Not sure rob, what is the CFM loss when the filter is installed clean?? I will re read the post....
I cant tell you CFM but on 2 different trucks 2 different TMs with filter connected, lid sealed tight lift is still at 0.

With 200ft of hose connected lift is sitting just below 5

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Wow!! Do you think my mytee booster will pair up with it ok??

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I do like the design. Several issues that I’ve had with my devastator (and I love my devastators) have been addressed by the new TMF filter. One change I made to my devastators is to turn them on their side so one of the vac ports is at the bottom of the filter to eliminate the pooling and buildup of water in the filter. I also always have water leaking from the filter after shutting the machine off. Up till now there hasn’t been much I could do about it. The TMF filter has addressed these issues.

I’m not saying this because I’m an admin on TMF. I have no financial interest in any of Rob’s products. I am impressed enough though that I am buying one for each of my trucks.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Just the fact your not spending the time cleaning out the tank all the time sounds great!
Two nuts and I'm showing the customer the filter!!!
I have to pull the crap out of the tank by hand now to show them. And it's never all of it.

Reactions: OneBlueSummer

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Joe Bristle haha. Only heard Joe Blister before.

Ok what your missing is the other filters do not “retain” lift, cfm or air flow through out jobs. This is due to turbulence, clogged filters and pooling. Unless you have used lift and cfm meters like we did one would not notice it.

This one goes 2+ days without a touching the filter with no hit at the wand at all, but it has the unfair advantage of being an offline filter.
20190729_184825.jpg