Without Chemical Injection

Ardiz

Apr 28, 2020
Real Name
Anthony Ardizzone
Using a Blueline Thermalwave II Vortec Machine, Unable to get Chemical Injection to inject, It will Prime under vacuum suction, Chemical Pump is rebuilt (Stainless Steel) Disc in Place + in proper position can Manually push on the Diaphragm when apart it Pumps, Check Valves in proper direction, Chemical Injection Check Valve in "Y" block is New & Screen is New, The Prime -Off-Chem Valve Also New, Cat Pump Has been Rebuilt and works properly Pressure to 1000 psi and Yet will not inject chemical all Hose have been traced and are in proper position matches the diagram in the manual, Also Have gone through all water lines all seem to be according to the Manual
Really would like the Chem injection Part to work for a Little bit of fragrance to keep the Fresh scent, Thanks in advance

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Sounds like you have thoroughly checked everything. The only things I can think of is maybe one of the check valves are not working properly or there is an air leak somewhere in the system.

Reactions: Ardiz

Ardiz

Apr 28, 2020
Real Name
Anthony Ardizzone
Sounds like you have thoroughly checked everything. The only things I can think of is maybe one of the check valves are not working properly or there is an air leak somewhere in the system.
I did move the Chemical pump from the out side check valve to the middle check valve , also forgot to mention it also has a New accumulator, So I guess it may be sucking Air? From somewhere? I have "0" water leaks in the chemical & water system . I have No chatter / Pulsing in the pressure lines I See No bubbles in the Metering gauge, sucking Air is going to be hard to find .. in the mean time Clear Water Steam Rinse, I did notice when I had the needle valve out of the Chemical metering valve it comes out strong & Hot , Which makes me think some thing is Crossed on the water high pressure side , when I folow the manual it all looks right manual lil hard to read , Thanks in advance

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
There is still a chance that it could be your Dwyer meter particularly if it's a fairly old one. I have replaced my entire chemical system too and last year I couldn't get it to work. I could not tell if there was a crack or anything in the Dwyer. It wouldn't draw a drop of chemical. Turning it to Prime will not reveal a crack. It will still draw as normal in Prime because the vacuum is drawing on it to Prime it. I had https://shop.truckmountforums.com go ahead and put a new Dwyer on while I had it in for something else and they determined it did have a crack. They also told me you can inject air into the Dwyer to find if it's cracked or not. My chemical injection has worked ever since so that is something you'll want to check. Sounds like you've done everything else.

Reactions: Ardiz

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
Wandwizard has a strong point. I would inspect the Visi-float and the threaded bushing inserts. Those inserts can develop hairline cracks. Also, sounds like you pretty much inspected the whole system. One thing you might also want to make sure is that the water pump inlet hose is the proper length allowing for venturi to take place. The chemical pumping system on that truckmount does not operate if the water pump is not sucking inlet water on a venturi standpoint.
Moving the chemical pump to a different port on the low pressure side is perfectly fine.

Last edited:

Ardiz

Apr 28, 2020
Real Name
Anthony Ardizzone
Wandwizard & Ara, Looks like there are really Small fine spiderweb type cracks around the Screws MMm everything Else is new might as well replace that part easy to do , Did have it on the low pressure port now it is in the middle, No Difference , As for the Hose Yes it is long enough and yes it sucks the chemical out on its own when i pull the hose off the Chem Pump unless I have it on Off position , Thanks for the Help will be back after that last part is replaced

Reactions: wandwizard

Ardiz

Apr 28, 2020
Real Name
Anthony Ardizzone
The Cat pump valve plastic spring " cage" needs to be drilled out for the chem pump to work properly. If the pump was rebuilt, including valves, this small but critical detail is often overlooked.
Are you saying the Check Valve in the Cat Pump on the Bottom where the Chemical pump screws on ? on the end of the the check valve the little stud that sticks out comes off and is drilled out? Thanks in Advance for any advice ,

Ardiz

Apr 28, 2020
Real Name
Anthony Ardizzone
@Joeytechman , Thank you , for your advice on the check valve took it apart today put he hole in the stud put it all back together , Started it up Primed and went to Chemical open the chemical valve some open the solution hose , BAM I HAVE CHEMICAL INJECTION, and it only has a little pulsation hoping the pulsating will work its self out , Has a New accumulator just one of the few New items replaced , just to find i missed a little hole, While it was out i did check the diaphragm did not see any rips tears still looked new , I'm Very Glad you saw this thread and replied