Wintering Titan 575, and hydrapond.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 9, 2010
Real Name
Adam King
Business Location
United States
Going to park this system for the winter. Plan on draining all water from pond and probably remove pump.
Drain all water from Titan and add antifreeze and run through system. Also add a small 750w heater blowing on gauges to make sure they don’t freeze. Any thing else I’m missing?
I’m in the Pacific North West. Lowest temps seen is maybe a few days in the teens.

Sep 9, 2010
Real Name
Adam King
Business Location
United States
So just pour the rv antifreeze into the hydrapond and circulate through the system back to the hydrapond

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
The gauges will freeze if it gets very cold. I put a 2” by 2” insulation square under my 575. It almost fits perfectly.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I'd recommend removing all the water from the water pond. Then draw/pump the antifreeze from a 5 gallon bucket until you are streaming pure antifreeze from your solution line, then put it back in the 5 gallon bucket and recirculate it. Glycerin freezes well below zero, never seen it pop a gauge above zero, but if it has any water in it I guess it's possible. I've winterized with the above method down to 3 degrees with no issues. I only do it when I go on vacation in the winter and can't count on electric heaters while out of town.

The Magician

Dec 2, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
Jimmy Nardella
Fill your water box with Rv/antifreeze Then go to HM web site they explain to protect the unit. Protect your tools too.

Sep 9, 2010
Real Name
Adam King
Business Location
United States
Ran the hydra cradle dry, drained the water box, filled the water box with antifreeze, then circulated for a few min, then siphoned some antifreeze throwing the chemical injection and shut her down.
I also tried to drain out as much of the water from the pump to the inlet fitting and removed the filter from the pump on the hydrapond.
Hopefully she will be ok. I’m sure I will stick a heater in there anyway when it really starts getting cold.