Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
When we build homes we put on top of exterior sheathing:
1 siding
2 tyvek or roof felt this is the vapor/wind barrier
3 exterior sheathing
4 insulation. Without insulation the cold weather and wind will suck the heat off of the home.
You need the combination of wind barrier and insulation to efficiently heat the van. Other wise you'll be wasting alot of electric do to constant heat loss through the sheet metal. Air flow under the van will be the killer.

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
Not trying to argue, just bored and driving.
If you take a pipe and fill it with water, then blast cold air at it, will the water freeze?

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
Back to the winterizing, im going to fill her up with antifreeze this weekend do you think the temp gauge will freeze?

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Not trying to argue, just bored and driving.
If you take a pipe and fill it with water, then blast cold air at it, will the water freeze?
No posting & driving. Unless you post and drive while drinking a beer, watching a video and eating a pizza.:D

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
Technically im working and texting. Just so happens i drive for a living, for right now anyways.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Back to the winterizing, im going to fill her up with antifreeze this weekend do you think the temp gauge will freeze?
Need to find out what they fill guage with. And look up its freeze point. Curious now goin to look it up.

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
Id say mostly single and teens in my area.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
They use 2 types of liquid to fill guage that I found.
1 as said glycerin. They say is used in guages in above freezing temps.
2 silicon oil used for extreme temps.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
They use 2 types of liquid to fill guage that I found.
1 as said glycerin. They say is used in guages in above freezing temps.
2 silicon oil used for extreme temps.
Mine were on my Hydramaster Boxxer 421 and must have been glycerin then because they froze.

As for the low teens temps. I doubt you need more than the RV AF and a blanket or the heater. But to be safe and if you do not intend to use the TM for a while, fill it up and forget it. Put the heater in on the lowest setting. Some come with a "keep the chill off" type of setting so when it reads 32f it kicks in.

Reactions: keep it clean

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
Mine were on my Hydramaster Boxxer 421 and must have been glycerin then because they froze.

As for the low teens temps. I doubt you need more than the RV AF and a blanket or the heater. But to be safe and if you do not intend to use the TM for a while, fill it up and forget it. Put the heater in on the lowest setting. Some come with a "keep the chill off" type of setting so when it reads 32f it kicks in.
Ill keep looking for a garage but, for now its going to have to be anitfreeze with no heat. My parking pad only holds one car and my wife is having foot surgery so she will need to park there. Sucks..

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Ill keep looking for a garage but, for now its going to have to be anitfreeze with no heat. My parking pad only holds one car and my wife is having foot surgery so she will need to park there. Sucks..
No chance to run an extention cord? Why does it seem like I've asked this before :confused: