Window cleaning tips

Nov 19, 2018
Real Name
Douglas B. Galarza
Hi,
To give your windows a spic and span look, it's good if you go professional occasionally. On regular cleanup days, clean your windows by these home remedies:
1. Clean the dust with a dry cloth.
2. Take 2 cups of water (distilled or filtered is best so it doesn’t leave residue)
3. Now take 2 tablespoons vinegar on a cloth and wipe it on the window glass.
4. 10 drops essential oil of choice- I use lemon (optional- but it helps cut the vinegar smell)
Combine ingredients in a spray bottle (preferably glass) and use as needed to clean window. I like to use a microfiber cloth to wipe windows clean with this recipe.

On special occasions, I usually prefer to hire professional cleaners from Toronto. As they not only clean my windows but also deep clean my entire house.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 25, 2018
Real Name
Geena Rods
I actually like to use old newspapers to clean windows.
Never cloths. No matter what they leave dust particles.
But a newspaper...man does it get the windows clean. ..

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I remember using old newspapers on glass when I was in the Air Force. It worked....but I still didn't like it.
Nowadays I use Unger easyglide window cleaner. 4 little cap fills per gallon. I also have the same mixture in a spray bottle. First I spray the glass and use my razor scraper to get anything stuck on the glass, off. Then I wipe it down. Next I use a scuff sponge with the bucket of solution and wash the window down
and squeegee it off. In my opinion that achieves the absolute best clarity through a glass window that my eyes have ever saw. Nothing even comes close.

Nov 19, 2018
Real Name
Douglas B. Galarza
I actually like to use old newspapers to clean windows.
Never cloths. No matter what they leave dust particles.
But a newspaper...man does it get the windows clean. ..
I think the newspaper will not be able to clean it up that as good as a cloth does.
It's just my opinion. Anyways will use newspaper next time and see the difference.

Nov 19, 2018
Real Name
Douglas B. Galarza
I remember using old newspapers on glass when I was in the Air Force. It worked....but I still didn't like it.
Nowadays I use Unger easyglide window cleaner. 4 little cap fills per gallon. I also have the same mixture in a spray bottle. First I spray the glass and use my razor scraper to get anything stuck on the glass, off. Then I wipe it down. Next I use a scuff sponge with the bucket of solution and wash the window down
and squeegee it off. In my opinion that achieves the absolute best clarity through a glass window that my eyes have ever saw. Nothing even comes close.
Thanks for the idea man. But I have just told you a process that you can do it by yourself. You don't need to buy any cleaner for that.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Why would I buy vinegar and essential oils when I can buy something made for the task at hand? If I was a homeowner DIYer, why would I attempt to make a solution myself when other people spent years of their lives educating, testing, then testing some more, to make a cheap product for me to pick up at my local janitorial supply or home depot? People assume that because it's an essential oil its healthy and harmless. Look up the founder of young living to learn some more about essential oils.

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Thanks for the idea man. But I have just told you a process that you can do it by yourself. You don't need to buy any cleaner for that.
I'm sorry but I believe your process is garbage. You say that you told me a process that I can do myself and I don't need to buy any cleaner for that. Now...correct me if I'm wrong but don't I still have to buy distilled water and white vinegar and essential oils??? Of course I do. So now why would I buy all that when I can buy 1 quart of Unger PROFESSIONAL window cleaner that makes 25 GALLONS?

But hey....whatever floats your boat.

Nov 19, 2018
Real Name
Douglas B. Galarza
Why would I buy vinegar and essential oils when I can buy something made for the task at hand? If I was a homeowner DIYer, why would I attempt to make a solution myself when other people spent years of their lives educating, testing, then testing some more, to make a cheap product for me to pick up at my local janitorial supply or home depot? People assume that because it's an essential oil its healthy and harmless. Look up the founder of young living to learn some more about essential oils.
Oils and vinegar can be found in most of the houses. These are essential cooking items. And you don't have to spend extra on it. That's why gave you this little tip. But it's your choice, you can try it if you want or else leave it. Its upto you.

Nov 19, 2018
Real Name
Douglas B. Galarza
I'm sorry but I believe your process is garbage. You say that you told me a process that I can do myself and I don't need to buy any cleaner for that. Now...correct me if I'm wrong but don't I still have to buy distilled water and white vinegar and essential oils??? Of course I do. So now why would I buy all that when I can buy 1 quart of Unger PROFESSIONAL window cleaner that makes 25 GALLONS?

But hey....whatever floats your boat.
these items are easily found in one's home that's why I gave you this tip. You don't need to go and specially buy these items and no extra spends as well. Hope you got my point

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
these items are easily found in one's home that's why I gave you this tip. You don't need to go and specially buy these items and no extra spends as well. Hope you got my point
Doug....I got your point the instant I read it. I'm not an idiot. The point that you are missing is you STILL have to buy the items. They dont just magically appear in your pantry. And let it be known that vinegar is great for many things. However cleaning isnt one of them. I used vinegar on glass decades ago. Its crap.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I clean windows. Vinnegar is a terrible choice for cleaning windows. We advise our clients to use Windex mixed 50/50 with distilled water in between professional cleanings. It works far better.