Will Uber 'disrupt' the Carpet Cleaning Industry? ... Hell I would!

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
They don't allow hoopties.

I'm sure 5yrs old is the oldest car they will allow.

Heard it from a guy trying to drive for them.

My lady recently used them for a 15 minute ride and the tab was $11.

Frankly, I don't know how the drivers earn a decent pay.

it's so cheap
They don't have any union dues.

Last edited:

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States

it's so cheap
Its definitely older than 5 years...

Yea he said it sucks. Pay is very little, that's why he's with lyft and does grub hub as well

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States

it's so cheap

They don't...

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
www.missoulagreencarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
Its definitely older than 5 years...

Yea he said it sucks. Pay is very little, that's why he's with lyft and does grub hub as well

Yes @Artie, Uber has raised their standards since they started. He has probably been grandfathered in since he has great feedback.

Kinda like you and this forum----you were allowed in before they had any standards and well now?

hahaha

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Wouldnt bother me anyway, not a fan of last minute jobs.

I'm sure there is a space they can fill, until the next THING comes along.

Chris F.

Aug 23, 2015
Real Name
Ciprian Fiastru
Uber is 50 billion monster.Many start ups trying to copy paste Uber in cleaning industry like Home Joy now close after they raise hundreds of millions $ spend big on marketing and no profits.Google hire most of Home Joy employee and they will enter home improvement market.Amazon they are already in. So we have to fight this giants.Also Handy offer cleaning services.The problem I see here is they charge to much just to be middle man between 20-30% per job.If you raise the price to cover the fee how you will compete how you compete with guys who didn't and are 20-30% lower than you?

I work for Uber and taxi industry but Uber is far better then taxi companies.
@Artie09
You are just partially right, Uber driver are covered by their own insurance between fares when they are off duty but when they have client in the car Uber commercial insurance kicks in up to 1000000$ coverage.

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
Uber is 50 billion monster.Many start ups trying to copy paste Uber in cleaning industry like Home Joy now close after they raise hundreds of millions $ spend big on marketing and no profits.Google hire most of Home Joy employee and they will enter home improvement market.Amazon they are already in. So we have to fight this giants.Also Handy offer cleaning services.The problem I see here is they charge to much just to be middle man between 20-30% per job.If you raise the price to cover the fee how you will compete how you compete with guys who didn't and are 20-30% lower than you?

I work for Uber and taxi industry but Uber is far better then taxi companies.
@Artie09
You are just partially right, Uber driver are covered by their own insurance between fares when they are off duty but when they have client in the car Uber commercial insurance kicks in up to 1000000$ coverage.

These huge companies like Uber & Google have successfully gained Trust on such a micro level that it's game changing.

I mean, look at Amazon. There service is so great that folks will spend hundreds with them while in traffic from their phones. The convenience factor is HUUUUUUUGE also.

That's why for years I answer My phone & return calls/emails 7 days a week.

Even tho I position Myself as "exclusive" I know what the market wants.

Ultimately its,about making it easy for folks to spend money with you

Xandor

Jan 31, 2015
Real Name
AJ
Read the bad side of Uber Taxi.
You do not know the safety issues of the car or who is going to be driving, and are they a drinker or do they like the cell phone so much, they check to find the next customer when they are driving.

No rules or regulation... Reminds me of the carpet cleaning services.

Uber is like Monsanto, they will hide some bad stuff and no testing of what you eat.

Why not have some thugs be your local police department? Like the old west.... assholes/

Vigilante Justice in the American Old West
http://wildwesthistory.blogspot.com/2013/10/vigilante-justice-in-american-old-west.html

John Heith, hung from a telegraph pole by a lynch mob on February 22, 1884, in Tombstone, Arizona.

This is no joke, an Uber driver murdered a collage girl in my home town. Found her a county away in a ditch

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
These huge companies like Uber & Google have successfully gained Trust on such a micro level that it's game changing.

I mean, look at Amazon. There service is so great that folks will spend hundreds with them while in traffic from their phones. The convenience factor is HUUUUUUUGE also.

That's why for years I answer My phone & return calls/emails 7 days a week.

Even tho I position Myself as "exclusive" I know what the market wants.

Ultimately its,about making it easy for folks to spend money with you
Soon your friend will start to count how many miles they have to drive and send you the bill by cell phone when you take them out and buy them dinner.