Will an acid cleaner hurt this type of tile?

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Looks unsealed to me. If so a lot of cleaners absorb into it and can damage it. I like to use my dry vapor steam cleaner on stuff like this. A lot of times Soap has already etched into the stone.
Again not a stone expert. But many contractors leave stone unsealed perhaps for cost control. Owners are supposed to seal them which rarely ever happens. I’ve seen several times where hard water and high ph soap damaged stone so much the owner opted to replace it.

Nov 16, 2016
Real Name
Joe Adase
Looks unsealed to me. If so a lot of cleaners absorb into it and can damage it. I like to use my dry vapor steam cleaner on stuff like this. A lot of times Soap has already etched into the stone.
Again not a stone expert. But many contractors leave stone unsealed perhaps for cost control. Owners are supposed to seal them which rarely ever happens. I’ve seen several times where hard water and high ph soap damaged stone so much the owner opted to replace it.
She's been using bleach on them for the grout. I told her to knock it off. Lol

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Well my next class is definately going to be for stone. We come across it so much in AZ and I honestly need formal training on the subject. Stone interests me a lot. But neutral ph cleaners and dry vapor are what I start with.

Ted McFadden

Apr 10, 2009
www.sureshinecares.com
Real Name
Ted McFadden
Business Location
United States
Bar soap causes soapscum. Tell them to eliminate the barsoap and squeegee the walls and they will get a lot of value out of your cleaning and colorseal. Abrasive cleaners like stone scrub work wonders on residues that acid will not get on the tiles. I use mellamine (magic eraser) pads made for my makita now to clean these surfaces they are pretty new but I am having a lot of success with them

Nov 16, 2016
Real Name
Joe Adase
Bar soap causes soapscum. Tell them to eliminate the barsoap and squeegee the walls and they will get a lot of value out of your cleaning and colorseal. Abrasive cleaners like stone scrub work wonders on residues that acid will not get on the tiles. I use mellamine (magic eraser) pads made for my makita now to clean these surfaces they are pretty new but I am having a lot of success with them
So tell them to use any kind of liquid soap?