Wicking

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Just wondering. Im sure this is wicking but want to ensure it gets corrected for the client properly. I’ve not encapped a problem area like this before. Lightly apply encap to stain, and cotton buff? If that’s correct, will I be able to see Immediate correction?
Stain appeared after HWE the following day.

Attachments

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Did your sprayer leak or is that where your portable was sitting? What caused the stain?

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Stinking portable pump hose worked its way off the pump. I immediately started doing a ton of long slow dry passes and grabbed the floor fan on max.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Try some encap first. You will know right away if it’s working or not. If the stain goes away then get it as dry as possible as fast as you can. Leave the fan on it for a few hours.

If the encap doesn’t work then I’d put some fiber rinse on it and lightly wand it to rinse then do a ton of dry passes and leave the fan on it again.

The problem is fixable, hopefully in one trip but you may end up going back a couple times.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Ok cool I read and read but didn’t see anywhere if you know quickly if it’s working.
I don’t have any fiber rinse can I use plain water?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Ok cool I read and read but didn’t see anywhere if you know quickly if it’s working.
I don’t have any fiber rinse can I use plain water?
Something to put the water on the acidic side will help. Do you have any USR (Urine stain remover) maybe add some of that to your water. You can even use vinegar if you want, personally I can’t stand the smell of vinegar so I don’t use it.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Something to put the water on the acidic side will help. Do you have any USR (Urine stain remover) maybe add some of that to your water. You can even use vinegar if you want, personally I can’t stand the smell of vinegar so I don’t use it.
I’ve used vinegar on some rat nasties so yea I have it. I dont care for the smell either way but do use it when nobody is around. As soon as it’s dry the smell is gone.
I do carry Robs USR in my van.
Thanks Todd, I’m thinking I’m confident enough to give it a try!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
USOR misted on a bonnet with an air mover pointed at it. You will see the final look before you leave if it’s dry.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
USOR misted on a bonnet with an air mover pointed at it. You will see the final look before you leave if it’s dry.
So just bonnet it with the USOR and skip the encap?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
So just bonnet it with the USOR and skip the encap?
Either works but personally I'd use the USOR sprayed on the pad (not carpet), bonnet till gone with an air mover pointed directly at it, flip bonnet over to dry side and re-bonnet, load up while air mover still running. Should be dry then and you and client see final result.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Either works but personally I'd use the USOR sprayed on the pad (not carpet), bonnet till gone with an air mover pointed directly at it, flip bonnet over to dry side and re-bonnet, load up while air mover still running. Should be dry then and you and client see final result.
Thanks for the help Rob. I gotta stock up on some more chemicals! I used your USOR today at a elderly care center room. It was nasty from human incontinance, but the stuff worked great and made it smell a lot better.
Because of this wicking issue I had I’ve been trying to be extra careful. This was caused by a hose pump line failed. But taught me a lesson.

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
Good call Tod!! recognizing right away the cause.