Why you shuld always up sell dryer vent cleaning | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Why you shuld always up sell dryer vent cleaning

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
1369259906650.jpg
1369259941907.jpg

click on pics above if they do not show up inline

Offered free inspection as I do for every customer.
Unhooked the vent and water was rushing at me from condensation build up due to line being clogged. Upon further inspection I found a huge birds nest lodged in the vent.

Customer had no clue.

charged $179 to remove and clean and microban the vent line.

Took me 20 min.

I love this business.

Saved someone from having a fire,
saved em money on their power bill with air flowing now.
and made a nice little bonus on top of a $340 Duct cleaning job.

If you are not up selling you are missing out on big $$$$$$$$$

Sent from my SPH-D710 using TMF Forums mobile app

Reactions: Beeks

LFC

Premium VIP
Oct 8, 2009
England
www.kleenrightuk.co.uk
Real Name
Mike McNally
Business Location
United Kingdom
Is that a tumble dryer vent? If so ours usually just go straight out the wall at the back of the machine. So no up sell for me on that one. Good idea though.

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
Great idea Spazz, I'm going to add it onto my services.
At least for single fam residents.
I had a buddy clean mine a year ago, I live in a ground floor condo, 2 story building.
He had to use a ladder to get to the 2nd story roof vent, use a helper to figure out which one was mine, then take it off at the roof.
Took him 2 hours, but he got it unblocked, it was totally blocked.
He normally charges $65.00, but we did a trade of services, I cleaned his minivan interior in the blazing S Fla sun.
Took me 2 1/2 hours to clean that pig-stye work truck, and there was serious discoloration in the carpet that never came out.
I got screwed on that deal, lol.

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
View attachment 17617View attachment 17618

Unhooked the vent and water was rushing at me from condensation build up due to line being clogged. Upon further inspection I found a huge birds nest lodged in the vent.

Customer had no clue.

Took me 20 min.

I love this business.

I still don't know what equipment do you use to perform this work. Is it that rotobrush machine?

Beeks

Dec 11, 2012
FL
Real Name
JR
cant wait to get my stuff in Spazznout and try this out myself! Thanks again for all the helpful info.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
I still don't know what equipment do you use to perform this work. Is it that rotobrush machine?
NO it is NOT a Rotobrush. This dryer vent was in the basement. The vent running up the wall was 8ft tall then turned 90 degrees and was less than a foot long sticking out of the house. So the whole vent run was less than 9ft. The cover on the outside had been knocked off so the birds had easy access.

I used a 15 ft 1.5 inch whip hose connected to 100ft of 2" hose connected to my TM. I did this as there was water present in the vent from being clogged as well as the nest. NOTE I have a filter box as well as a dust downer I use for these situations. I would NOT recommend doing this without both. Your dump tank or pump from your auto pump out WILL hate life.

First I Used the hose with no brush on the end and used the suction to pull out the birds nest bit by bit. Then I used the brush attachment you see in the pic to scrub the walls of the vent tube. The brush attachment is simply a 1.5 inch whip hose to carpet wand coupler, and a webster headed brush you can buy at lowes. drill a hole through coupler and handle of brush. Run a 2 inch machine screw through the hole you drill in the coupler and handle of the brush to hold the 2 pieces together. Use 2 nuts to lock it in place and you are ready to go.

This technique is only for short runs where you can visibly inspect the line after cleaning.

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
Hey thanks for the heads up. You are the first. I was beginning to think it was some secret mystery service for premium members only.

Protouch guy

Jan 12, 2017
Real Name
Andrei Zakachura
View attachment 17617View attachment 17618

Customer had no clue.

Took me 20 min.

I love this business.

Hi Where did you get this brush ???? I need one like this for TM plz email me biocleanva@gmail.com