Why Tools Matter... | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Why Tools Matter...

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
You keep just saying "wand" like all wands are the same. We agree that a cx15 or bonzer can flush better. It flows way more than most wands. A good wand with an aggitation tool like the cimex can clean up just about anything. A cx 15 might be a little faster because of flow and heat containment. A good 10 flow wand can flush almost anything out if the chems have done their work and aggitation is complete. That's why people are not agreeing with you.
I have see a rotory machine multiple passes vs to a wand few passes, big difference, rotory cleans better on those filthy carpets noticeable difference vs a wand.
What’s the flow of the CX15’s jets?
If am not mistaken it’s recommended to clean at least at 500psi with it, it has two jets spinning when cleaning but if you don’t move then you’re not completing the cycle, you’re not extracting if you’re not pulling and moving. Same thing with wands. With a wand when cleaning if you’re not moving you’re not completing the cycle, you’re just flooding the carpet. CX15 agitates better than a wand because of its spinning action but again, if you’re not moving you’re not completing the cycle.
Rotaries on the other hand usually have a vacuum slot for each of its jets so when cleaning, if it’s rotating, even if you’re not moving, the vacuum slots going “behind” the jets are completing the cycle.
Tools do matter, tools make jobs easier, but ultimately is the technician’s abilities what matter the most.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
So a skilled knife fighter should beat an amateur gunslinger? hmm....

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Winner winner chicken dinner
Wrong again Mike, lets see a Tile cutter use a "hand cutter" and install straight lines vs the guy using a guided tile cutting machine.

Sit down man.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Wrong again Mike, lets see a Tile cutter use a "hand cutter" and install straight lines vs the guy using a guided tile cutting machine.

Sit down man.
I'll take a pro cutting by hand versus a neophyte cutting with a machine he just bought on his way to the house.

Tools AND experience both matter - I don't think anyone here would argue otherwise.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Well true Mama, but you get my point - sometimes it is the tool that helps make the job right.

Reactions: Mama Fen

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Well true Mama, but you get my point - sometimes it is the tool that helps make the job right.
Any pro can always get better results by using better tools.

(At least, that's what I'm hoping - got myself a new stand mixer recently and I'm hoping to make nice soft homemade potato bread this weekend. Doing it by hand is feasible, but my results have been iffy. And boy does it wear out my wrists.)

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Any pro can always get better results by using better tools.

(At least, that's what I'm hoping - got myself a new stand mixer recently and I'm hoping to make nice soft homemade potato bread this weekend. Doing it by hand is feasible, but my results have been iffy. And boy does it wear out my wrists.)
I’ve seen the floor you installed at your home. I think it’s safe too say you’re a rockstar unlike ^^^^ that guy and his “bunk” equipment

• Love
Reactions: Mama Fen

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike

Sit down man.
Ur talking out ur neck man. I’ve got an installer on one of my projects right not, man is in his 70’s and he’s a rockstar. His tile work is amazing and he doesn’t have whole lot of crazy equipment.

It’s the applied knowledge “Experience”! That makes him a well known tiling legend in our area. He does it with very little equipment and it’s mostly older than me too!

Keep blaming tools when a 175 can produce stellar results.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States

Sit down man.
What do you mean a "cracker"? Thats what we used for years. Still have it. Its ancient and i cant read it because its all metric and its in Italian. Saws fkn suck unless you drop a minimum of 800 bucks on one. We only used them when porcelain became more popular. Even still most are using simple hand tools. Not giant wet saws. Unless its a big job that warrants setting that thing up.

Reactions: MikeGaure

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I think the main disagreement here is your original post implied that carpet cannot be 100% cleaned to an amazing result using a wand to flush after scrubbing

And that is 100% untrue.

But I will say that sometimes carpet looks a lot dirtier in person than in pics and likely that carpet could have used a peroxide boost or solvent boost.

For bridgepoint products I would have hit that one with Flex not bio break or for what we carry it would have been RSF spiked boosted with a scoop of groutmaster.

Easily flushed though with mach 15 wand, heat nice and high would cut through it like butter 1 pass after scrubbing with our vibe or cimex, or CRB with the stuff brushes.

I do agree a rotary (along with good heat) can greatly reduce the need for more pre spray or stronger pre sprays....

Although I'm not a fan of the cx-15 at all

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
so the question now is, Zipper, Bonzer or CX15?
1st Bonzer
2nd Zipper
3rd CX15

Bonzer wins do to its cost and the ability to do the exact same work as a zipper

CX15 last, and although not as expensive as the zipper, its difficult in cleaning corners and edges

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
1st Bonzer
2nd Zipper
3rd CX15

Bonzer wins do to its cost and the ability to do the exact same work as a zipper

CX15 last, and although not as expensive as the zipper, its difficult in cleaning corners and edges
agreed in that order ....100%

these products have been out for 3-7 years.....
those of us who have used these know the difference....
if the cx15 was a good product it would sell more and have better reviews......

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Truckmount sapphire 1200 heat was 200 at the truck 100 ft hose

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Truckmount sapphire 1200 heat was 200 at the truck 100 ft hose
That's odd that the results was less than stellar using good chemistry, agitation, higher heat and a strong TM with a wand. I know we have had situations where we had to go over high traffic areas 2 times which it sounds like you did before using the CX whatever it's called.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
1st Bonzer
2nd Zipper
3rd CX15

If your going to go to the trouble of needing one of those over a much more maneuverable and light wand which gets closest, edges, corners much much better...

Then just use a 360/trex because they out clean all of those hands down.

Reactions: Smtwn janitorial