Why Tools Matter... | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Why Tools Matter...

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I know, I'm being sarcastic. I think it's funny they tell me we did something wrong when I know we didnt. I'm experienced with almost every wand and rotary tool except the Trex. Some carpets wont clean well without it.

Reactions: Fedri and Luky

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Not to argue or take sides, but I believe that Cx-15 can be more efficient than wand when agitation was amiss or not present at all. I pick CX-15 over the Bonzer anytime.
It definitely can but they used a cimex which will scrub very very well, its a heavy machine... its definitely going to knock the oils and soil loose unless there was something wrong with the pre spray mix but its should start looking pretty clean just after the scrub.

might take longer to rinse with a 2 jet basic wand but with that good of prep (vacuuming and cimex) any good wand would cut right through a dirty carpet.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Really, even a carpet that hasn't been cleaned for years and is the entrance to a warehouse ? Again, explain WHAT I did wrong? I mixed up BioBreak at 6 scoops per gallon in semi hot water, into a hydroforce.

I sprayed, cimex and rinsed with the two jet wand.

Sure it cleaned up some, but then I ran the CX15 on it and boom it came MUCH cleaner.

I had a residential job carpet hadn't been cleaned in 5 years, they had 4 dogs.

Same thing, sprayed, scrubbed with CRB and rinsed with a prochem titanium 4 jet wand. It cleaned up SOME but not the way I wanted. I pulled out my Rotovac 360i and BOOM i could write words in it.

Stop telling me, "You did something wrong" , any true professional would understand a CX15 or Rotovac has MAJOR flushing power compared to a wand. So it makes sense it came much cleaner.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: MikeGaure

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Keep laughing, still dont see you explaining what was done wrong.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Keep laughing, still dont see you explaining what was done wrong.
It’s already been stated we’ve seen fantastic results with rotaries and wands and in conjunction with 175’s and other floor machines.

I’m problem with your statement was you threw a supplier under the bus along with cimex, come on! Out of all the vlm arguments throughout the years cimex has always shined it’s on frogging steroids yet “the supplier” sold useless equipment

bcs

Mar 6, 2010
nz
Real Name
marcus barker
Business Location
New Zealand
If the carpet was loaded with oily type soiling then biobreak needed to be boosted with flex with citrus or a solvent booster to break it down

Reactions: ACP

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I didn't throw the supplier under the bus - fact remains, Cimex isn't a "cure all" for every carpet.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I'll do you one better and use gasoline and a lighter

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Hey! Thats how i do it. But i stepped up to a pump sprayer and the 99 dollar shopvac :D
I bet you plug your shop vac in though, we just place ours within 10 feet of the carpet unplugged and the dirt jumps into the shop vac.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
You keep just saying "wand" like all wands are the same. We agree that a cx15 or bonzer can flush better. It flows way more than most wands. A good wand with an aggitation tool like the cimex can clean up just about anything. A cx 15 might be a little faster because of flow and heat containment. A good 10 flow wand can flush almost anything out if the chems have done their work and aggitation is complete. That's why people are not agreeing with you.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I completely disagree, some situations call for higher flush, period, unless you want to scrub and extract multiple times.

• Haha
Reactions: MikeGaure

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I have see a rotory machine multiple passes vs to a wand few passes, big difference, rotory cleans better on those filthy carpets noticeable difference vs a wand.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I completely disagree, some situations call for higher flush, period, unless you want to scrub and extract multiple times.
Yea “but” the picture above shows like there was zero attempt or improper use of said equipment!

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
In fact, your also leaving vacuum out of the equation. My small 33 blower truckmount works horrible with a bonzer or cx15. I've done side by side testing and my devastator recovers much more debris and leaves the carpets way drier. Each situation is different. No one will argue that a rotary with brushes will flush faster and cleans great on some rat nasties.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
so the question now is, Zipper, Bonzer or CX15?

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
And the winner is ?
My number 1 tool si a wand , 6 jetter when I feel strong, 2 jet wand is coming into play after 3-4 hours of wanding with a 6 jetter. Bonzer is collecting dust( buyer's remorse), Cx-15 gives me quick start on wide open areas . Weight should be taken in consideration. 6 jets wand-9.6lbs, 2 jet wand - 7.5 lbs, Bonzer - 27 lbs. !!!!!!, Cx-15-
20lbs. No comment on Zipper, never used one.
I believe that CX-15 will bring far superior results with one long pass compare to a wand ( in my case Prochem Ti Ergo 6 jet # 12 flow)with use of same chemistry and no agitation.
I use wands on residential and commercial jobs, Bonzer and CX-15 exclusively on cgd.

Reactions: Scott W