Why Tools Matter... | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Why Tools Matter...

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Another carpet cleaner (newbie to the business) called me yesterday and was frustrated because Jon Don sold him a cimex. He scrubbed this carpet with it and wanded it, was using Bio Break as his pre-spray.

I asked him if he had any other tools on his truck, he said no, but I happened to know a carpet cleaner literally a few doors down from where he was working and asked to borrow his CX-15.

I'm not a big fan of the CX-15 but it still works better than a traditional wand. Picture speaks for itself, didn't help much to scrub and use a traditional S-bend wand.

Simply hooked up the CX-15 and flushed the carpet.

Can't wait to get the Mytee T-Rex with Flex Star and Brush Head....

Attachments

Reactions: Scott W

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
He must’ve done something wrong. Using a 175 and wanding would’ve produced great results. Pad capping can produce that also
Maybe he scrubbed before he pre sprayed lol

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Nope, I went over it with him a second time. Pre sprayed, scrub and wand. Didnt come close to what the CX15 did

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Nope, I went over it with him a second time. Pre sprayed, scrub and wand. Didnt come close to what the CX15 did
Sorry dude that’s bunk don’t blame the guys inexperience on his tools or the supplier that’s friggin dirty imo

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
He definitely did something wrong. Once you've pre sprayed and scrubbed, especially with a cimex or OP machine all your doing is a rinse, everything should be completely emulsified.

At that point any wand will do, some just rinse a bit faster/more efficiently.

Anytime we do super filthy nasty carpets by the time the CRB step is done the carpet looks clean, before the rinse.

Bio break is a great pre spray too

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
He definitely did something wrong. Once you've pre sprayed and scrubbed, especially with a cimex or OP machine all your doing is a rinse, everything should be completely emulsified.

At that point any wand will do, some just rinse a bit faster/more efficiently.

Anytime we do super filthy nasty carpets by the time the CRB step is done the carpet looks clean, before the rinse.

Bio break is a great pre spray too
Ditto.

Reactions: smartcarpetcare

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Well then I dont know, because I duplicated what he did while I was there and it wouldn't come any cleaner.

I think you guys may be wrong on this one, that was warehouse carpet so lots of oils.

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
Very nice of you to help him out.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Yeah I'm not sure why people are saying we did something wrong...didn't do a damn thing wrong far as I can tell. Just needed the right tool.

Reactions: Ymetimme

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Yeah I'm not sure why people are saying we did something wrong...didn't do a damn thing wrong far as I can tell. Just needed the right tool.
Because we’re not novices and that wasn’t due to chems or equipment or supplier!
It was operator error

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
If you couldn’t personally do that with a CIMEX and WAND then yes! :banghead:

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Said it before and ill say it again, Tools do matter Yeah you can use a wand but the point to advanced tools is to make it easier and faster to get through a job but most important is Results are really what drive folks to spend and buy tools.

That spinning action acted almost like a 360 or a zipper spinner.
Flushing more efficient than just wanding by hand.

I know ill get a bunch of no, no's and thats fine, I have cleaned after other "wand" cleaners and results are better, not just cause of me but a combination of experience, tools, and knowledge.

I remember when I first started I did wand only cause thats all I could afford, now I use the wand once in a while and even though it looks great I know that superior tools do make it easier and faster