Why Most Carpet Cleaning Businesses Fail While Others Succeed? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Why Most Carpet Cleaning Businesses Fail While Others Succeed?

akamens

Nov 27, 2011
www.spotoncarpetandtile.com
Real Name
s kamens
Business Location
United States
Great article. I disagree with the high dollar investment on lettering your van. I spent just over $1,700.00 on mine and in 6 years got 1 call that said "I saw your van". I think it should look clean and professional but I think that can be done for under $1,000.00. The rest of the info is great advice and if applied would definitely produce great results!

Hey Shawn,

You sound right on there. Its hard for potential customers to see a moving ad and get a number.

Fritz may also be including customer retention. When an existing client sees me come in with a professional wrap, i am leaving a more professional impression. So it may not be so noticeable from new customers, but it is a great revenue stream from the perspective of keeping existing clientele.

All the best.

-schneur

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
This whole argument about van wraps is interesting. What about the neighbors seeing it sit there for 1-2 hours?

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
It’s funny how many customers read my services on the side of my van and say, oh you do tiles or leather/upholstery/hard floors too...
While out and about and people in shopping centre car parks also say hi and ask for my card too mostly at the liquor store haha

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
It’s funny how many customers read my services on the side of my van and say, oh you do tiles or leather/upholstery/hard floors too...
While out and about and people in shopping centre car parks also say hi and ask for my card too mostly at the liquor store haha
Yup, in fact i think my biggest mistake was not wrapping my vans thenfirst year

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
This whole argument about van wraps is interesting. What about the neighbors seeing it sit there for 1-2 hours?
I get asked for biz cards all the time from people walking their dogs past my van.
I don't have it wrapped, just business name and phone number.