Why is House Call Pro so glitchy?

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
It just feels like an unfinished product. Today, finishing up a job that I'd already marked "on my way" and "start". I got to finish it up and now all the sudden it's not a job it's an estimate. Try to convert it to a job, turns back into another estimate. Jobs are completely disappeared.

Last issue I had was it completely cleared out the pricing on a rather large estimate and I had to go line by line and refill it out.

Is there any software available for our industry that actually just works -all the time? I'm willing to pay for a finished product, I'm not willing to pay for someone's student programming homework

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
Here is a screenshot of the opposing job-turned-estimate. I don't think you can even purposely do that

a7670727225dfa0ae9ea3e44f3b9382a.jpg

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
Because they're so focused in adding new features that they tend to neglect their core product.

Reactions: justlife

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I haven't noticed any glitches. Maybe Roland can help.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I think it's cool that I can turn an estimate into a paying job by a click of a button. This way my techs who give estimates can go ahead and do the job if they want.

Reactions: carolinasurface

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
Because they're so focused in adding new features that they tend to neglect their core product.

Do you use housecall pro daily for your business?

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
It just feels like an unfinished product. Today, finishing up a job that I'd already marked "on my way" and "start". I got to finish it up and now all the sudden it's not a job it's an estimate. Try to convert it to a job, turns back into another estimate. Jobs are completely disappeared.

Last issue I had was it completely cleared out the pricing on a rather large estimate and I had to go line by line and refill it out.

Is there any software available for our industry that actually just works -all the time? I'm willing to pay for a finished product, I'm not willing to pay for someone's student programming homework
service monster it's been around for a long time

EVDOG

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
Evdog
Been using it for about 3 years now. No glitches. Ever.

EVDOG

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
Evdog
Only reason I want to try out House Call Pro is because so many people on here use it. It peaked my interest!

Reactions: admin

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
I think it's cool that I can turn an estimate into a paying job by a click of a button. This way my techs who give estimates can go ahead and do the job if they want.
I like that too. I don't like it turning a job into an estimate - how does that even happen?

EVDOG

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
Evdog
Welp...

SM has twice as many glitches as HCP.
Never have any problems with service monster. I don't use the app. I use it right off the website. I find it easier. Their app kinda sucks.

EVDOG

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
Evdog
Their customer service is top notch as well.

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
Never have any problems with service monster. I don't use the app. I use it right off the website. I find it easier. Their app kinda sucks.

Thats my point. As you know, they started off as a web based app then find out that they should have gone with native OS, once you start as a web based app then attempt to go native, its very difficult to pivot, not impossible but they have their work cut out for them.

Are you on SM6? and native app?

Last edited:

EVDOG

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
Evdog
I am not on sm6. Not interested in learning the newer version. Plan on trying out HCP instead.

Reactions: Jose Holguin

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
Hcp is a little glitchy for me as well. Especially when doing a large quote of 15 items or more.