Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
We tell clients all time that soapy residue causes resoil, reoccurring spots and stains plus cause carpets to dull out. But we don't mention how soap kills vacuum. Anyone know why this happens?

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Anyone who's had the misfortune of cleaning a carpet that's had Woolite or a similar Spray & Vac carpet cleaner on it knows just how quick it can fill your vacuum hoses and fill up your recovery tank. Normal, liquid defoamers are virtually useless in those cases and only something like Chemspec Crystal Defoamer applied liberally to the carpet will save the day. I don't run into severe foaming issues near as much as I used to, but I don't leave home without a powdered defoamer. Never know when you'll need it. Loss of vacuum can occur within seconds to no more than a few minutes. All your lift and cfm virtually disappears. A customer who spot cleans frequently with the wrong type of spotter can cause similar issues. I've also had residues left behind by another carpet cleaner on a few occasions that were pretty severe.

MikeHawley14

Oct 21, 2018
Peoria, Arizona
Real Name
Michael Hawley
Business Location
United States
We tell clients all time that soapy residue causes resoil, reoccurring spots and stains plus cause carpets to dull out. But we don't mention how soap kills vacuum. Anyone know why this happens?

I have to sprinkle some x foam a lot. Spot shot wool light Walmart enzymes rug doctor. People try to clean pet stains. Not fun gotta run downstairs can’t rinse the carpet with foam in the hoses.