Why aren't there more diesel carpet cleaning truckmounts?

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
A Japanese manufacturer like Yamaha was to build a top notch 600c inline carpet cleaner in a streamline frame 100 Hp , reliable , plenty of fast heat off them 4 exhaust pipes , I for one would be in line for one .
The heat would be craxy hot and unstoppable comming off the heat exchange headers .
HONDA would KILL the Market..With Excellence,Most Likley take out the Barn Yard Mechanics (Heeloo AM WRECK)

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
To get back on track of this question, the reason there are not as many diesel truck mounts is the same reason that there are as many diesel cars on the road.
Diesels became popular in the early 80's cuz It cost Less..As it should be due to Less Refinement (if you believe the Oil Moguls) Every Swinging Dick bought them (me too) and THEN.....GUESS WHAT? The shit was not 30% less but 40% MORE!

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
if there was a real market for diesel truck mounts every major manufacturer would be making them.
One reason is heat you don't have the high exhaust temps as you do with a gas engine.
so now you have to add another heat source or another over complicated HX system which seems to be the crux
of most of the current systems.

a couple of fringe cleaners on a bulletin board demanding diesel truck mounts they could never afford anyway is not enough demand.

on the other hand give me enough money and I can make what ever you want within the current laws of physics

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
if there was a real market for diesel truck mounts every major manufacturer would be making them.
One reason is heat you don't have the high exhaust temps as you do with a gas engine.
so now you have to add another heat source or another over complicated HX system which seems to be the crux
of most of the current systems.

a couple of fringe cleaners on a bulletin board demanding diesel truck mounts they could never afford anyway is not enough demand.

on the other hand give me enough money and I can make what ever you want within the current laws of physics
Bottom Line is...If The Shit DONT BREAK..There's No Money in it!

onfire_02_01

Apr 28, 2011
Minnesota
www.minnesotacandr.com
Real Name
Jeremy Gray
Business Location
United States
Diesels became popular in the early 80's cuz It cost Less..As it should be due to Less Refinement (if you believe the Oil Moguls) Every Swinging Dick bought them (me too) and THEN.....GUESS WHAT? The shit was not 30% less but 40% MORE!
The federal government also discourages diesel engines. Back in the 80's when the environmental movement began Europe passed laws encouraging the diesel as an answer to global warming because diesel has better MPG than gas. The US in all its great wisdom decided to do everything a** backwards from the rest of the world and decided to use gas and instead come out with the Emissions standards we have today and attempt to make the Gas engine cleaner and more efficient. (which hasn't really worked) My "89 dodge Omni did 35mpg, best car I ever owned, wish I could get another one. The little tin cans we have today are at best 42mpg with most cars still averaging 32mpg or less.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
The heat that gas engines garnet over diesel motors is waste. Heat as a byproduct is wasted energy. Get a diesel TM and run it as direct drive or use a diesel burner. JMO

Reactions: john gerding

NofxJohnson

Oct 14, 2015
Real Name
Mike Sheridan
Mine is, its a 93 Chinese tractor diesel, lol

Attachments

• 1445744437505.jpg
    1445744437505.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 93

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Diesel rocks but why would they want something that never wears out in America!

Reactions: Wec and NofxJohnson