Feb 18, 2015
Honolulu, Hawaii
Real Name
Tyler Irvine
Business Location
United States
I have noticed with a short 2” hose length and High Performace 3 stage Mytee vacuums in parallel create to much suction and sucks any water droplets or sudds that get close to it through the vacuum. I guess that is too much cfm at that length but I like to maximize my CFM when I am using a rotary with the portable. I think 2 3 stage High Performance vacuums from Mytee are all you can hand in their machine. I have one Mytee Breeze I put 2 3 stage HP vacuums in and another I put a New LX Vacuum if front of a high performance 3 stage in series and they both are insane and almost to much without some way to stop water from entering the vacuums. My in series unit is not as bad at water entering the vacuum, but my parallel set up will spit through the vacuum after a gallon in a 10 gallons waste tank. So I was thinking if the LX vacuums were parallel they would just be over kill and suck water from the waste tank? Or do the motors have both the most efficient lift and cfm’s in series. Does knowing all this make you parinoid or the best high rise carpet cleaner jk.

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
Does your machine have the vac port inlet rubber boot connected inside the waste tank and is it facing down?

Mytee inlet assby.JPG

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I have noticed with a short 2” hose length and High Performace 3 stage Mytee vacuums in parallel create to much suction and sucks any water droplets or sudds that get close to it through the vacuum. I guess that is too much cfm at that length but I like to maximize my CFM when I am using a rotary with the portable. I think 2 3 stage High Performance vacuums from Mytee are all you can hand in their machine. I have one Mytee Breeze I put 2 3 stage HP vacuums in and another I put a New LX Vacuum if front of a high performance 3 stage in series and they both are insane and almost to much without some way to stop water from entering the vacuums. My in series unit is not as bad at water entering the vacuum, but my parallel set up will spit through the vacuum after a gallon in a 10 gallons waste tank. So I was thinking if the LX vacuums were parallel they would just be over kill and suck water from the waste tank? Or do the motors have both the most efficient lift and cfm’s in series. Does knowing all this make you parinoid or the best high rise carpet cleaner jk.
The way you talking about cfm and lift doesn't make too knowledgeable. If you king of high rise buildings, you should know something about waste water inlets. If you think there is so much swirling going on in your waste tank, make sure that waste water is entering trough efficient system, so it can collapse, break straight down and hit the bottom of the waste. That can be done trough wide elbow aimed ideally at side wall . Exactly the way like my young mentor @ goomer presented in above shown picture. If you specified how " short" your 2" hose is, we would be able to take more educated guess. You have to take in consideration that great vacuum power doesn't guarantee optimal discharge. There are 2 more factors contributing to that. 1. Apo should take charge after only a few inches of the waste water appears in the tank and if water is too sudsy than your juice has to be a wee weaker. This I learned from another young mentor @ Jim Davisson
I consider my self porty guy and I employ Escape with a dual 5.7" and dual 6.6 motors in parallel and series configuration. How more ideal it can get? Do I experience water coming out vacuum ports? Sure, sometime I forget that I should give Escape a little break, while doing 10K sqf of CGD. Once you get too much suds in your tank, even working float switches are not going to safe your behind.
This is my own experience with water " misbehaving" in waste tank. Equipment: all dual 3 stage vac systems with 0-500 psi some with heat, some without, some modifies, some not.Mytee Speedster 1005 HV, Century 400 - 2 Ninjas, 1 klen rite , 2 Mytee Escape, 1 Prochem Everest HP 650.
I'd say, if we can invent device which will prevent foam enteering waste tank port and being redirected to its own "chamber" our future as a CC's would be a lot brighter.
What do you think @ odin?

Reactions: vibra vacster

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I have some hours on this intake and can say it is a big improvement in minimizing moisture intake into the vacs to the least possible with my tank. Increasing the intake surface area and getting it as high as possible in the tank was the answer for me, while directing the incoming water down. You can perhaps use different fittings, but accomplish the same thing. It was a good $8 experiment for me and no performance hit, actually a slight increase.

MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1533504388178.jpg_1533504399214.jpeg

20180805_101416.jpg

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I have some hours on this intake and can say it is a big improvement in minimizing moisture intake into the vacs to the least possible with my tank. Increasing the intake surface area and getting it as high as possible in the tank was the answer for me, while directing the incoming water down. You can perhaps use different fittings, but accomplish the same thing. It was a good $8 experiment for me and no performance hit, actually a slight increase.

View attachment 79321

View attachment 79322[/QUOTE Yes .Intake high as possible and divert water down . Very little foam or turbelence if done properly.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
PM me if you like. I can help you with the inrush of the LX motors. The performance of those motors are so outrageous that it took a bit to figure out how to manage the cfm.

Last edited:

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
Foam and moisture reaching their motors is definitely something everyone should try to minimize.

After recently pulling off my vacs to change the hoses, I was reminded that long hairs and long carpet fibers are just as bad of a threat to vac performance.

Besides being an APO's worst enemy, they can often be light enough to be suspended by foam or even remain airborne to be sucked into the vacs directly, and since their shape is very vulnerable to getting folded around and "hung-up" on the many small fan blades, and once they get stuck on the blades they are not going anywhere.

I am sure many have picked their fan blades clean of hairs and fibers before.

It is recommended in 6.6" motor literature to incorporate a filter mechanism pre-vac for this reason.

Makes sense with such strong motors that some lighter foreign materials would be more likely to be pulled into the vacs compared to smaller motors.

Even large pattern "fish-net" material on your intake is enough to catch most hairs and fibers, and will not bog down your air-flow too fast by getting clogged up with too much small stuff.

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
Foam and moisture reaching their motors is definitely something everyone should try to minimize.

After recently pulling off my vacs to change the hoses, I was reminded that long hairs and long carpet fibers are just as bad of a threat to vac performance.

Besides being an APO's worst enemy, they can often be light enough to be suspended by foam or even remain airborne to be sucked into the vacs directly, and since their shape is very vulnerable to getting folded around and "hung-up" on the many small fan blades, and once they get stuck on the blades they are not going anywhere.

I am sure many have picked their fan blades clean of hairs and fibers before.

It is recommended in 6.6" motor literature to incorporate a filter mechanism pre-vac for this reason.

Makes sense with such strong motors that some lighter foreign materials would be more likely to be pulled into the vacs compared to smaller motors.

Even large pattern "fish-net" material on your intake is enough to catch most hairs and fibers, and will not bog down your air-flow too fast by getting clogged up with too much small stuff.

Will using an inline pump out be a good idea? No dirty water going back to the machine so the dirty water tank stays clean and dry. Something like this:

http://www.steam-brite.com/hydrofor...em-truckmounts-portables-16202311-p-9110.html