Why are many carpet cleaners overweight?

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I used to work in a medical clinic for about 7 years at night when I went to college to help pay the bills. They had posters on the wall about high blood pressure and sodium so I got the not so bright idea to virtually eliminate it from my diet. Trust me, DON'T EVER DO THAT!!!! One night I went to work as usual and the next thing I knew I got probably the worst cramp in my leg that I've ever had before or since, the pain was severe and I promptly passed out. Fortunately that place had an E.R. They took blood test and found one thing and one thing only. My blood sodium levels were below the normal for MINIMUM. Long story short, stay within the dietary guidelines for sodium intake especially if you sweat a lot on the job.

I understand you can get too much sodium, but you can't live w/o it either so I'm just trying to give a warning to be moderate, but don't eliminate it. I do have high blood pressure and the doctors can't tell me why and honestly they don't know why. If they do they're keeping that info to themselves. All most doctors know how to do is prescribe this pill for that problem and charge a bundle for doing it. I eat moderately and limit sodium to well within dietary guidelines.
Yes Randy I agree, human body can't do without sodium, I think the limit can't exceed more then 2300ml that equals to a table spoon for a healthy diet. The minimum sodium a human required daily is 500mg, I take that in a meal, the rest of the meals I try to avoid it.

Reactions: wandwizard

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I do 20-4 fast everyday. I fast for 20 hours and eat for 4. I start eating at 2pm and stop at 6pm. Not easy but most things that are beneficial are not easy in life.
Got to be careful with fasting

Fasting itself is not bad, but should not be done every day, that's bad for you. You might get sugar spikes and might make it easier to get Diabetes. Especial at your age you will cause an imbalance.

When I spoke about exercise and p90x, I was talking about why
as cleaners we are getting fat and or staying fat.

I myself am struggling to bring my weight down. If youd look at me youd say, wait your not fat. but thats not so, at my height I should not be 205 lbs I should be in the 170's. I am trying so hard on controlling what I eat and how much, even though I have been really good at doing so, but now thats im in the 40's more than ever do I need to focus on bringing my weight down.

When I work I sweat, and burn some calories, just not the amount I need to bring the weight down.

And I think that is whats going on.
we work and hard but our body is adapting so quickly that even though we sweat we arent working out.

To bring down weight it is not just
eating healthy
or avoiding too much salt
or sugar,
or alcohol,
doing cardio,

The truth is

Everything is needed
that is the secret

if we think just by eating greens, boom thats the magic bullet
then were all wrong, its a combination of many things
including stress reduction.

to make things worst

No cleaner can say that we dont stress, cause
we all do.

This is a stressful business,
combining it with not enough sleep, too much caffeine, too much fat, too much liquor, too much sugar, too much salt, an even too much greed.

its a no wonder why our weight is bad, and we have grown bellies

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Yes Randy I agree, human body can't do without sodium, I think the limit can't exceed more then 2300ml that equals to a table spoon for a healthy diet. The minimum sodium a human required daily is 500mg, I take that in a meal, the rest of the meals I try to avoid it.
in north america we need not worry about salt intake, If you eat out, take out, or dine out you are over your limit, especially if you do that frequently.

places like Africa are different, salt is needed everyday

someone that completely eliminates salt is going overboard,
with sugar its a bit easier. Fruits have sugars that are healthier because its balanced. Fruit juice is concentrate meaning the sugar level is over the limit, unless you make your own fruit juice with NO added sugar whatsoever, then fruit juice isnt good for you. Even Jamba juice is bad. They use a concentrated juice added before they blend.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
20 hours no food and eat for 4 hours. Look up intermittent fasting. Supposed to be good for you. I want several months under my belt before i make a full evaluation. (I was doing 16-8 but then I decided if I could do 16-8 I could probably do the 20-4)
do this

eat lighter, smaller proportions, eat a multi veggie salad with 1 hard boiled egg for breakfast, lunch and dinner. drink only water and green tea. before eating do 50 push ups. whenever you walk tighten your abs, tuck it in and dont let go. when watching tv left weights during your whole tv session, use an elliptical and be on it for at least 30 minutes daily, increase fiber. avoid breads, sweets and eat veggies as snacks during your work hours.
Do not eat after 6 pm. drink 2 oz of kefir daily after workout.

jog or sprint, but get your fat self on the road and move them thunder thighs. see a chiro and get adjusted.

sleep at least 9 hours.

Reactions: Fedri

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
do this

eat lighter, smaller proportions, eat a multi veggie salad with 1 hard boiled egg for breakfast, lunch and dinner. drink only water and green tea. before eating do 50 push ups. whenever you walk tighten your abs, tuck it in and dont let go. when watching tv left weights during your whole tv session, use an elliptical and be on it for at least 30 minutes daily, increase fiber. avoid breads, sweets and eat veggies as snacks during your work hours.
Do not eat after 6 pm. drink 2 oz of kefir daily after workout.

jog or sprint, but get your fat self on the road and move them thunder thighs. see a chiro and get adjusted.

sleep at least 9 hours.
I like this. Have you done it yourself?

Reactions: sbsscn

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I like this. Have you done it yourself?
SI!!!

I mean Yes
and I have a few clients that have weight issues but say their body hurts or are diabetic. I tell them lift some weights while watching the game not heavy ones at first, start with 2-5lbs in each hand/arm then move up. in the morning do 50 push ups none stop if possible if not at least 25, pause for 5-10 seconds and finish rest of 25. if you feel in your chest your done, drink water and hit the showers. before lunch hit another 50 push ups, and before dinner.

drink only or as much water. if you eat sweets never do so in combination of fats. Sugar and fats/bad cholesterol stick together.

drink matcha or green (regular) with no sugar or light manuka honey.

start walking at first to get use to moving, eventually get jogging and then move up to running/ sprinting.

I wonder why soldiers do push ups? if you want to burn weight
get your large muscles to burn them for you, in combination of lowering your intake.

check with your doctor and get your blood checked up

My father in law just dodged death, he had a quadruple bypass
he was warned and he ignored it, until he was having a mild heart attack that should have killed him.

Reactions: Fedri and rob allen

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
p90x is a world class workout but actually its been changed in the last 5 years as the newer science suggests thats too long to do cardio. still a great workout but the newer p90x workouts are cut way down to 30min

if you like p90x youll love https://stronglifts.com/5x5/

you need access to a squat rack and free weights but this workout will change your body from the inside out, heavy squats are some of if not the best cardio you can get.. 5 reps heavy ass weight and youll feel like u ran 2 miles
I did strong lifts for like 2 solid years. Got really strong and added muscle for sure. I too really liked the weights and the challenge of progressive loading. Squats are the king for sure. 5x5 definitely will make you stronger if you are that headstrong to keep coming back for more over and over.

I hate talking about it but I think hurting my shoulder like 9 years ago really set me on a tailspin. Ive been overweight for the last seven years.

The shoulder forced me to stop training (working out). Went back to it 2 years after the injury and 6 months in was forced to stop because the shoulder just wouldn't do it.

I know there is a way out of my situation I just have to re commit again. Every failed attempt to lose the weight makes it feel harder and harder.

This thread is motivating me again.

Reactions: ACP

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
16/8 intermitten fasting is a great way to lose weight also. Not consuming any calories for 16hrs every 24hr period will make you feel like a $mil bucks.

I did it for about 8 months but with my current weight lifting program I can only do it on off days
You mentioned the 16/8 before and I really think there is merit to this.

Gotta focus.

Reactions: ACP

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
I did strong lifts for like 2 solid years. Got really strong and added muscle for sure. I too really liked the weights and the challenge of progressive loading. Squats are the king for sure. 5x5 definitely will make you stronger if you are that headstrong to keep coming back for more over and over.

I hate talking about it but I think hurting my shoulder like 9 years ago really set me on a tailspin. Ive been overweight for the last seven years.

The shoulder forced me to stop training (working out). Went back to it 2 years after the injury and 6 months in was forced to stop because the shoulder just wouldn't do it.

I know there is a way out of my situation I just have to re commit again. Every failed attempt to lose the weight makes it feel harder and harder.

This thread is motivating me again.
Not sure what happened with your shoulder but one of my favorite rehab/preventive exercises is cable-rope face pulls..focus on shoulder rotation with the rear delts and not as much on the traps..very light weight 10-15reps..for typical shoulder and/or upper back(like between shoulder blades) pain it really works great

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Not sure what happened with your shoulder but one of my favorite rehab/preventive exercises is cable-rope face pulls..focus on shoulder rotation with the rear delts and not as much on the traps..very light weight 10-15reps..for typical shoulder and/or upper back(like between shoulder blades) pain it really works great
Of all things playing flag football I either dislocated it or something similar. We played tackle on turnovers and I dove with outstretched arms to try and tackle the guy who intercepted my pass and landed on my outstretched arms.

Are you rehabbing from something or just being preventative with the above exercise?

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
Super young. I was 23 13 years ago and let me tell you those 13 go by fast my man.
Yuup haha I'm use to always being the baby in the group..now everyone here knows my secret lol..I bet it does, the past few for more me are flying by

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
Of all things playing flag football I either dislocated it or something similar. We played tackle on turnovers and I dove with outstretched arms to try and tackle the guy who intercepted my pass and landed on my outstretched arms.

Are you rehabbing from something or just being preventative with the above exercise?
Flag is always when u get hurt! Broke two fingers playing flag..

That sucks tho, yeah prob slightly dislocated or maybe a partial tear on the muscle itself..

Mainly preventive..but I do find if I don't do it for a long time then while I'm doing other type of labor or something I tend to get a sharp shooting pain in-between my shoulder blades...it also helps with good posture, it strengthens your shoulders to stay slightly retracted on their own..it's especially good if you do a lot of chest workouts to counter balance it.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I do 20-4 fast everyday. I fast for 20 hours and eat for 4. I start eating at 2pm and stop at 6pm. Not easy but most things that are beneficial are not easy in life.
There is an institute in Russia in wilderness, participants fast for 20-30 consecutive days, some even longer. To a certain capacity , fasting is known to
" starve " cancer. Watched the program, first 3 days are very critical for body to get used to very limited calories. Hallucinations can happen. If you can make to a 3rd day, you can go 10-15 days easy without food. . I'm not gonna try, though.

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
I don’t eat breakfast...sometimes I’ll finish the kids vegemite on toast
1/2 slice
Don’t drink coffee
I’ll have a red bull though...only small one
I’ve basically given up lunch
I still have lunch sometimes, if I’m extra hungry
Eat wherever tasty for tea
Never been closer to a six pack in my life....