Why are many carpet cleaners overweight?

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
Ohh yeah I forgot to mention about the beers or alcohol how much effect it has on belly gain. I don't drink at all, no coffee, no smoking in any kind. Drink cool water instead of alcohol
Yes alcohol and beer specifically arnt great for overall body composition. My opinion is just moderation. When i am trying to lose fat though i will hardly drink.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
16/8 intermitten fasting is a great way to lose weight also. Not consuming any calories for 16hrs every 24hr period will make you feel like a $mil bucks.

I did it for about 8 months but with my current weight lifting program I can only do it on off days

Reactions: DakotaG

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
16/8 intermitten fasting is a great way to lose weight also. Not consuming any calories for 16hrs every 24hr period will make you feel like a $mil bucks.

I did it for about 8 months but with my current weight lifting program I can only do it on off days
Yes I've heard good things about it..I'm going to try it when I start to cut

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
We are in the month of ramadan, just wake up before sun rise and eat and drink your water, then go to work and fast till sunset.

Reactions: ACP

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Because excersice is only one part of a balanced lifestyle. So essentially we tend to be overweight because of the same reasons most Americans are overweight. Poor diet, alot of chemicals for our body to handle, and the reasons mentioned above. Laziness always has something to do with it.
But then again, I've never been overweight. In fact, I'd kill to gain 20 lbs right now. Radiation and chemo have cost me precious pounds the last couple months. But even before that I was always 160 or so.
Wish you nothing but the best on your road to recovery! You are too young for your trial, but definitely hard enough to kick it's ass! Godspeed my friend!

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
If you drink a lot of beer especially thick IPAs dont even bother working out just throw in the towell lol
Studied to be a brewer before I opened my doors as a cleaner (the Sieble Institute was 6 blocks from my family's bar in Chicago with the cities oldest liquor license). Still wear the same 31-34 waist pants at 6'2" since 1993 and enjoy craft beer everyday along with my Mt dew. Stroking and whipping 2" hose down a hallway and around the corner will do that for you.... Never give in.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I do 20-4 fast everyday. I fast for 20 hours and eat for 4. I start eating at 2pm and stop at 6pm. Not easy but most things that are beneficial are not easy in life.

Reactions: DakotaG

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I do 20-4 fast everyday. I fast for 20 hours and eat for 4. I start eating at 2pm and stop at 6pm. Not easy but most things that are beneficial are not easy in life.
Wow, Rob eat your breakfast at least man, don't be harsh on your self.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Wow, Rob eat your breakfast at least man, don't be harsh on your self.
Might be a little too late. My body is already starting to adapt to the intermittent fasting. And if you break down the work breakfast it came from break fast. At 2pm each day I break(my)fast.

Reactions: LeeRoy and Fedri

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Throughout history our bodies didn't exactly have meals right on cue , in fact I think often dinner was the biggest meal of the day. Granted they didn't have electricity either so when the sun went down was typically bedtime

Reactions: rob allen and Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Throughout history our bodies didn't exactly have meals right on cue , in fact I think often dinner was the biggest meal of the day. Granted they didn't have electricity either so when the sun went down was typically bedtime
Yep, I lived in an environment like that till grade 5. We had no electricity just before it got dark (damn communism) where the communist government use to shut off the electricity and once the sun set we were lighting candles and most likely I remember that I felt so sleepy when there was no light, no meal after this time, maybe fresh fruits but no big meals at all. Am I glad my parents have escaped that communist country.

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Yep, I lived in an environment like that till grade 5. We had no electricity just before it got dark (damn communism) where the communist government use to shut off the electricity and once the sun set we were lighting candles and most likely I remember that I felt so sleepy when there was no light, no meal after this time, maybe fresh fruits but no big meals at all. Am I glad my parents have escaped that communist country.
I didn't know this. I am happy for you Fedri.

Reactions: Select and Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I didn't know this. I am happy for you Fedri.
Thanks Rob, it was very sad when my parents have escape to Turkey and they left me and my brother behind, 2 years later they have immigrated to Canada so they can sponsor us from the communist regime, we are so grateful to th Canadian government that they really had to put their foot their for a sponsorship. Once my parents sponsored us we made an attempt to go back to Turkey because it is a border line of where we are coming from Bulgaria so we are close to home but the Turkish government didn't accept our citizenship. This is the reason we stayed in Canada and we are proud Canadians now for the last 32 plus years

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Is that continuous from 2 to 6? I don't think I could hold that much! I just eat for an hour or so at a time at least twice a day and have some 15 minutes snacks at least 3 or 4 times a day. :)

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
If a meal have made you thirsty the whole day avoid that meal. This is what sodium will do to you.
Eating salt raises the amount of sodium in your bloodstream and wrecks the delicate balance, reducing the ability of your kidneys to remove the water. The result is a higher blood pressure due to the extra fluid and extra strain on the delicate blood vessels leading to the kidneys.

Here are 6 serious signs that you are consuming too much salt.
  • You need to urinate a lot. Frequent urination is a classic sign that you are consuming too much salt. ...
  • Persistent thirst. ...
  • Swelling in strange places. ...
  • You find food bland and boring. ...
  • Frequent mild headaches. ...
  • You crave for salty foods.
What are the side effects of high sodium?
You may not have any symptoms, unless your blood sodium levels are significantly elevated. Dizziness when you stand up or change positions (you may be dehydrated). Severe sweating or fever; vomiting and diarrhea with markedly elevated sodium levels, if your hypernatremia is due to a loss of body fluids.

How do you remove sodium from your body?
Here are the best ways to bounce back.
  1. Drink a Ton of Water. Drinking lots of water helps flush sodium from your kidneys; staying hydrated will also help you feel less bloated.
  2. Hop on the Treadmill. Exercise will help you lose a little sodium through your sweat. ...
  3. Eat a Banana. ...
  4. Talk to Your Doctor.
I used to work in a medical clinic for about 7 years at night when I went to college to help pay the bills. They had posters on the wall about high blood pressure and sodium so I got the not so bright idea to virtually eliminate it from my diet. Trust me, DON'T EVER DO THAT!!!! One night I went to work as usual and the next thing I knew I got probably the worst cramp in my leg that I've ever had before or since, the pain was severe and I promptly passed out. Fortunately that place had an E.R. They took blood test and found one thing and one thing only. My blood sodium levels were below the normal for MINIMUM. Long story short, stay within the dietary guidelines for sodium intake especially if you sweat a lot on the job.

I understand you can get too much sodium, but you can't live w/o it either so I'm just trying to give a warning to be moderate, but don't eliminate it. I do have high blood pressure and the doctors can't tell me why and honestly they don't know why. If they do they're keeping that info to themselves. All most doctors know how to do is prescribe this pill for that problem and charge a bundle for doing it. I eat moderately and limit sodium to well within dietary guidelines.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fedri

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Is that continuous from 2 to 6? I don't think I could hold that much! I just eat for an hour or so at a time at least twice a day and have some 15 minutes snacks at least 3 or 4 times a day. :)
20 hours no food and eat for 4 hours. Look up intermittent fasting. Supposed to be good for you. I want several months under my belt before i make a full evaluation. (I was doing 16-8 but then I decided if I could do 16-8 I could probably do the 20-4)

Reactions: Fedri

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
20 hours no food and eat for 4 hours. Look up intermittent fasting. Supposed to be good for you. I want several months under my belt before i make a full evaluation. (I was doing 16-8 but then I decided if I could do 16-8 I could probably do the 20-4)
I know about intermittent fasting. One guy on you tube advertises it frequently and I've listened to several experts on it as well as the effects of high carbs and sugar intake. I've almost eliminated sugar from my diet, particularly white, refined sugar and anything that has that or any kind of corn syrup or high fructose corn syrup. I don't use artificial sweeteners either although stevia might be ok. I do use some honey still and may use some other natural sweeteners in moderation, but that's about it.

I have sworn off stuffing my mouth with cakes, candies, chips, lots of bread and things like that which will cause almost anyone to both gain weight or keep you from losing weight, get diabetes, and a host of other problems. I was doing the intermittent fasting for a while, but I feel I need to eat something before I go to work since I've gotten very sick on the job a few times and I'm not sure what happened. I only know that what I ate that morning or if I failed to eat anything has something to do with it. I firmly believe too high of carbs is extremely harmful to most average people.

Fortunately a good steak is ok on a low carb diet! After reading another post I remember that I QUIT sodas too. I only really liked the sugary type and we all know there is not one bit of nutritional value to be had in those things. I don't trust most artificial sweeteners, period.They're a bane of our society. Drink lots of sugary soda if you want to be overweight, get diabetes, and probably die young. Oh, and have a candy bar and chips to go with it!

Last edited:
Reactions: sbsscn